Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
corsa betty the

betty the corsa
hi so im back, im pleased to say i have a driving licence again but 2 days after getting my licence back i was made redundant at work, so while i looking for another job im been given a corsa, the owner died and his mum has given the car to me for free, its not a bad car but as soon as i have a job ive got to get an astra, seriously i have worst luck ever

heres my betty, betty is a 2005 corsa sxi 1.2 twinport, she is a slow elderly lady but trys hard lol.

ive had her a few weeks now, she has just under 25k miles, seems quite a good lil motor but what worrys me is the last owner hasnt serviced her in 10 years, in that time she has covered 6k miles, she seems to have only been serviced once in her life (2007), she smells very rich at the moment but im hoping once serviced and run abit she will be ok, my plans up to now is debadge numbers+letters, remove side strips, new numberplates with black holders, loads of led bulbs etc, alpine dab cd player, component door speakers, 12inch subwoofer, 5 channel amp, not sure what to do with rear speakers, either no rear speakers, 13cm rear speakers or get a stealth shelf for some 6x9s. aero flat wipers, flush dewiper rear window, definatly needs a better exhaust and the standard air filter has got to go, tint rear windows, not sure what to do about wheels but whatever i do they will be vauxhall wheels as not keen on aftermarket alloys on a mainly standard car, abit lower springs i think are needed,

any advice would be amazing please, sorry about quality of pictures

glad your back on the road
i cant tell you how great it feels, i just wish i hadnt been made redundant, i loved that job
At last your back on the road sorry to hear about your job.

Looks a tidy car that tho, but deffo get it serviced.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Wow that excellent. Was about the license! Sorry to hear about your redundancy though, that does suck!

I used to have a 1.2 corsa c and I did love it for the time I had it! Was excellent in the snow, never ever got stuck lol! But yes it is in desperate need of a service haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(2:nd-Oct-2016, 08:09:32)Tonto Wrote: Wow that excellent. Was about the license! Sorry to hear about your redundancy though, that does suck!

I used to have a 1.2 corsa c and I did love it for the time I had it! Was excellent in the snow, never ever got stuck lol! But yes it is in desperate need of a service haha

What mods did you do to the corsa.

It is being serviced tomorrow. Including brake fluid. Spark plugs etc etc
(2:nd-Oct-2016, 08:09:32)Tonto Wrote: Wow that excellent. Was about the license! Sorry to hear about your redundancy though, that does suck!

I bet @sheppy1 would of got it stuck in the snow 
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(2:nd-Oct-2016, 10:41:42)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Don't even go there! Hahaha. I never had the problem in my little old pug! Also... Awesome car @mrtc!! You enjoying it then? Also what does twinport mean?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(2:nd-Oct-2016, 10:48:18)sheppy1 Wrote:
(2:nd-Oct-2016, 10:41:42)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Don't even go there! Hahaha. I never had the problem in my little old pug! Also... Awesome car @mrtc!! You enjoying it then? Also what does twinport mean?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No idea what twinport means. Think it's more bhp than a normal 1.2
(2:nd-Oct-2016, 10:34:49)mrtc Wrote:

What mods did you do to the corsa.

It is being serviced tomorrow. Including brake fluid. Spark plugs etc etc

I didn't actually do anything to it! Put a sub and new speakers in but sold them on quite quickly.

@Rusty2009 @Sheppy1 I bet he would have too!

So just dropped car off for its service, had a few quotes for tinting the rear windows, big difference in prices,from 109 to 215, who in the right mind would pay 215 quid for tinting 3 door, scandalous price
Glad your back on the road.

Their is the problem people have been paying so it will keep the prices up.

I can get hold of enough tint for 2 cars for £10 I also have a heat gun which I used for other things so not specific for this and you normally get a card to take out the air pockets ect. I know there is a knack too it but £215 is crazy I wouldn't pay that mine passes for OK but my first couple of tries where terrible.
Been looking online for inspiration, I think the second picture is what I'm Aiming for, except the awful mudflaps and I'll get lowering it abit, stainless exhaust and maybe new wheels or just get them redone in anthracite, flush fitting dewiper back window, I don't want it to look leave the top, what do you lot think?

I'd save ploughing money into a car you don't intend on keeping!

If I were you I'd leave it bog standard, service it, clean it up and then have it ready to sell when you buy the Astra you've been planning on getting for months.

A nice original low miles car is going to be much more appealing than one that's been chavved up. The mods you've listed above alone are what £1000 worth at least... can't see why on earth you'd throw all of that at it when you'd probably get a few hundred for the car when you sell it.

Just being honest, no offence intended!
Well some of the parts are going to be second hand, but yeah it is a waste of money, I'm so bored, keep applying for jobs, not even had an interview yet lol
I have to agree with @Jj0063 I'd save the money for when you get the Astra and spend it on that.

I'll need to get an astra by February as my eldest nephew turns 17 and if he can get insured on it then he can have it
Ah sounds like a plan!

Obviously it's still a slow car but after its service it's running a he'll of a lot better. Just given it a 70 ish mph run down local duel carriageway. I think the car will do me for abit

New plan for the audio. Just bought a second hand dab pioneer stereo complete with corsa c front plate and wiring for 80 quid. The stereo is 180 new so that ok. Think I'll look at a second hand active subwoofer and probably leave standard speakers for now
Bought a 900 watt cheap vibe active subwoofer for 60 quid that was only bought new in june, got a second hand piper exhaust for 130, piper new are around 360 to 400 new so that's awesome. Both are local ish so I'll collect them later.

Stereo and fitting kit is waiting for me at the post office as I was out when they came

Can't find decent second hand springs but they are only 120 new do if I can't find any second hand then I'll order that.

A place in Warrington will tint back for 80 or 90 with sun strip, I go warrington loads as my family are there so that sounds a plan, haven't debadged it yet , never done that b4, so I'm nervous.

Not sure if I'm going to remove the side strips, sounds like hard work and am worried about paint fade

I have a mate who says he will fit exhaust and springs for 50 quid,

Not gonna bother with induction kit I think

When that is all done the car will be finished I think, not gonna bother refurbish the wheels as it's only one scuff on one wheel, I at some point need to fit the replacement mirror caps as original were slightly scuffed
Question, what are you going to do with all of the parts you've brought for the astra?

On the plus side the corsa is looking good. Nice little project foundation. I used to have a C. Absolutely loved it. The twinport is a retuned version of the original. It puts out slightly more HP.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I'll be getting an astra as soon as I've got a job. Would be daft to spend 9k on a car when I'm unemployed at the moment. If I don't end up with an astra then I'll flog the parts I guess
Wise thinking mate

Oh and the best thing I did with mine was to get rid of those side strips. Use a heat gun and a credit card and take it slow. You may have done condensation under the paint but that will soon go. I did it on my silver one and my mates petrol blue one. Oh and dine Sri grills will go down a treat

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152154856227

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131583823449

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162192356466

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282176774213

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Corsa D Radio sheppy1 22 11,373 7:th-Feb-2016, 22:39:12