Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
regen light dpf

DPF REGEN LIGHT
Having only just got a 1.7cdti, I'm new to all this regen stuff (although the works transit does it weekly according to its normal driver)
I got the car home and had the "dont stop driving" message, so took it for a blast - loads of smoke for the first mile (through the village!!) kept the revs up untill the message changed.

I'll be fitting a led in the dash soon, would a flashing one be ok? - I've a couple of them knocking about!

I've a question, what revs should the car be driven at during the regen? I kept it at or just over 3000
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Flashing one will be fine as that's handled in the LED, so long as you don't mind the strobe - especially at night?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Revs at 2500 is ideal as per handbook i guess but if the car is not upto the temperature while regen started i will keep between 2k and 2.5k .
ok, thanks for the info, I kept mine at arund 3000, so not too far away!
have now fitted the warning (flashing) Led
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
(29:th-Mar-2020, 18:28:50)umognog Wrote: What I have particularly noticed is the start/stop rarely kicking in the last few weeks, often a sign of a dog regen.

I need to do an oil change too, it's a bit overdue as a result of a stripped sump bolt :s

Stop/Start not kicking to me would be more a sign of low battery charge caused by short trips. I wouldn't connect it to the DPF at all remember there is a big list of factors also for stop/start to work (If it's doing a regen then it won't but that would be only time you could link it to the DPF.)

(1:st-Apr-2020, 02:24:02)Rocky33 Wrote:
(29:th-Mar-2020, 09:42:56)Rusty2009 Wrote: I wouldn't say it's coming to the end of its life.

It could the sign of a sensor starting to fail (if it's doing more regens in quite a short period of time).

I see,i will keep that in mind , mine regens between every 50 to 150 km for short journeys and upto 600km on motorway or long journeys. I am using deisel additive on a regular basis archoil AR6200, it did help with the car responsiveness and overall throttle level  but not sure if it is helping with dpf cleaning .

That's working pretty much normally then (or at least the same with mine) Over the last year my car has done mostly motorway miles Bournemouth to Harrogate & back with the last 2 runs being Bournemouth to Leconfield & back with not very much town use 1st run she did 2 regens going up and 1 coming home 2nd run she did 1 regen coming home, 3rd trip no regen, 4th a Regen coming home & it seems to be around 6-700miles she now does a regen.

Before with mostly town work it would regen every 50-100miles.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yeah, got the battery & alternator tester out, battery is fine as is the alternator.

Possibly the clutch pedal switch has become faulty, or the info on the battery temp. Possibly a lot of things, but these and now my two go-to options to look at, especially that switch.

Tell you though, this lockdown is going to kill my dpf

Is it "essential travel" if the car tells you to not stop driving?

Any one in the Leicester area on here as I'm concerned about my car..
Never done a regen
(5:th-Apr-2020, 11:21:24)umognog Wrote: Yeah, got the battery & alternator tester out, battery is fine as is the alternator.

Possibly the clutch pedal switch has become faulty, or the info on the battery temp. Possibly a lot of things, but these and now my two go-to options to look at, especially that switch.

Tell you though, this lockdown is going to kill my dpf

Is it "essential travel" if the car tells you to not stop driving?

Yeah a few things to think about you haven't got front de-mist on have you?

I've been home since the school's shut driving me round the twist (it's easier for the Mrs to do shopping as she's a carer so can bypass all the ques).

My car is in bits atm as I thought I'd finally finish the flex ride off & also re-spray the head liner etc then the Mrs said as it's out get some sound deading and do the roof.

But Once I've got the back together I'm going for a drive in it as I need to road test & also for my own mental health (driving is going to be far safer than walking atm). 

(5:th-Apr-2020, 11:34:51)Kiel0777 Wrote: Any one in the Leicester area on here as I'm concerned about my car..
Never done a regen

What's happening with your car? do you have it set to eco tab & TOP CONSUMERS?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Yes have it on that screen all the time and I have never once seen the rear demist come on neither have I seen any smoke? I've done alot of town driving aswell as my place of work is only 4 miles from. Home?
(5:th-Apr-2020, 13:15:37)Kiel0777 Wrote: Yes have it on that screen all the time and I have never once seen the rear demist come on neither have I seen any smoke? I've done alot of town driving aswell as my place of work is only 4 miles from. Home?

You bought the car is used I'm guessing?

Only thing I would suggest is it's had a remap with DPF smashed if it's not done a single regen.
Looking at the smoke tests & MOT history may tell you more a remapped one will read pretty much nothing on the smoke test.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
OK thanks what would a noemal smoke test produce

And yes it's second hand 1 previous owner..... The rear demist came on yesterday for literally 2 seconds then went off :/?
Hi just wondering if the fact your car had decided to do a dpf regen would be considered an essential journey by the police if stopped?

Only asking as my astra did the "do not stop driving" just as I left the supermarket carpark, so I went on a longer route home with some nsl roads to allow it to complete. There is no way it would have done it, if I drove straight home.

I realise this is a question which really can only be answered if actually stopped by the police, but would be interested to know if other members would consider it as essential travel? As I did.

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk
Yes, it is essential. I've had to do one as well, deliberately just headed out to the motorway for a blast and back.

Ultimately, car maintenance is classed as essential (hence garages and Halfords still open) and a DPF regen being told not to stop is car maintenance that cannot be put off until after lockdown.

Your right it is maintaining your car. I was thinking of it from the potential cost to my wallet, if I didn't carry out the regen. Yours is the better argument if stopped by police.

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coolant light coming on when coolant is full (new sensor and no leaks) baffling me! Brasseyebaby 3 2,890 2:nd-Feb-2021, 21:12:47
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  DPF Regen question SectorOMEGA 16 10,029 9:th-Sep-2020, 16:10:35
Last Post: Big Dave2
Spanner Light illuminated with engine off Wwood1991 2 3,209 11:th-Feb-2020, 13:01:57
  Rear Light Replacement (Need Advice) A.ROD 2 4,880 17:th-Dec-2018, 19:17:48
Last Post: A.ROD
  Help engine light Mspencer 12 7,974 18:th-Mar-2018, 17:17:36
Last Post: Mspencer
  No wiring for the interior boot light marcus01 5 5,459 20:th-Dec-2017, 16:48:23
Last Post: rlievens
  Rear fog light bulb ID jl47 0 3,862 15:th-Dec-2017, 15:24:34
Last Post: jl47
  Airbag light always on? Ssss 12 9,448 5:th-Oct-2017, 10:50:28
  Faulty back light Jon3sy 4 5,227 24:th-Aug-2017, 17:04:11
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
  Astra 1.6 Turbo Engine light P0171 abba34 1 4,923 7:th-Aug-2017, 04:21:09
Last Post: sanj424

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (9:th-Aug-2023, 07:13:01), Dominattor (4:th-Sep-2023, 00:52:25), milos (5:th-Feb-2024, 11:57:16)