Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to some buy an j after owner genuine astra looking advice

Looking to buy an Astra-J, after some genuine owner advice.
I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying it's not high really.

My 2.0cdti veccy had 106000 on when I brought it I put that upto 198000 before selling it and the chap still has it now.

The first thing I would do (as I do with any used car I buy) is change the timing belt and water pump and a full service.

I know the car has a full service history but for my own peace of mind & the fact the last 2 cars brought have been for the wife I wanted it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
AN UPDATE......!!!!

I have finally bought one.

Bought a 2011 2.0 CDTi....wait for it....an ELITE !!

Will do a new thread later this week with details.
Look forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Good choice, more home comforts
Good choice with the 2.0cdti.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

..... and here it is: https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-We-got-a-new-car
I wish I had found this subject feed before compulsively buying the 1.7 Sri went to drive vauxhall to buy the Mrs a meriva and ended up also walking away with the astra for me.

I was really happy with the looks of it and the promise of a full service inspection and mot before collection within a month it's had a gearbox. Wheel bearings. Battery. Bulbs. Wipers. Fluids. A key and a air con compressor. Not to shabby for a motor with 57k.

Moral of the story I should have researched and gone with the 2.0
Sorry to hear you have had so many issues with the car, I guess the only positive is that you now have (hopefully) a car that is in good mechanical order
(22:nd-Feb-2017, 09:52:26)Racingmason81 Wrote: I wish I had found this subject feed before compulsively buying the 1.7 Sri went to drive vauxhall to buy the Mrs a meriva and ended up also walking away with the astra for me.

I was really happy with the looks of it and the promise of a full service inspection and mot before collection within a month it's had a gearbox. Wheel bearings.  Battery. Bulbs. Wipers. Fluids. A key and a air con compressor. Not to shabby for a motor with 57k.

Moral of the story I should have researched and gone with the 2.0

Hi mate,

Im so glad I did find this Astra forum. I tried various others and no one knew as much as the members on here. It completely switched my decision, I was hell bent on a 1.7, but everything I was reading in this post, was exactly what I was seeing of the 1.7's.

We have had ours about 3 months now and its a nice car. I have so far had to replace drop links, but still getting the light clunk, replaced the battery, had the service theft deterrent message so looks like one of the keys was goosed. Anyway, im hoping that these are just minor niggles as we really like the car and its fit for purpose.

Hope yours is running well and good now, having overcome them issues. Did you manage to get them covered as part of the purchase or did it hit your pocket?

Thanks,
G.
Hi I'm New here.
Glad I've just read this thread. I test drove two sri 2.0cdti yesterday. Felt slow after climbing out of my vrs fabia Mk1 but realise I need to give them a bit more of a chance.

One had 3 owners, 61K, the other 6 owners!! 70K, both 11 plate s.

Didn't realise elite was so more sought after

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Owner - Few Questions pr0xibus 5 1,448 25:th-Feb-2023, 20:15:36
Last Post: pr0xibus
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,526 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,037 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,539 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,791 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,877 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,011 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,137 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,457 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,798 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
richardt (24:th-Feb-2024, 17:42:04)