Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
400 question cd plus

CD 400 Plus question
Hey, just changed cars to a 2015 Astra J and it has a CD 400 Plus headunit.  A bit confused as to what this unit offers.....

1. The car has a shark fin aerial on the roof but I can't get DAB to work, only get AM & FM when I chose Radio on the unit... i'm guessing that means no DAB?
2. I have Bluetooth - phone functions work fine - however I can't get audio streaming to work, ie play music from the phone to the unit... Manual says to press AUX more than once to get into audio streaming mode, but it just says AUX mode nothing else, so again guessing even though I have Bluetooth it doesn't do audio streaming is that right?
3. Lastly, USB.... next to the accessory socket I have an AUX in socket but no USB connection so i'm guessing that means no USB?

I assumed being the CD 400 Plus (it says that on the front of the unit not just CD 400) that it had all these features....?

Cheers for your help.
So a CD400+ will have Bluetooth nothing else.

As for steaming not possible.
No no DAB if the FM/AM button isn't then going to DAB.
Correct on USB.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Sounds like you might just need a m072 Android Head unit. Has 2 usb ports and you can stream music via Bluetooth. And an SD card for music to boot. Has built in Sat nav or can run any other Sat nav app from the Google play store. 300 quid off iceboxauto website.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I would highly recommend one of these...

https://www.car-vision.co.uk/vauxhall-na...20232.html

This was the first thing I did after purchasing my 2015 Astra VXR last year, car was only two days old when John at Car Vision fitted this unit to mine.

Took two hours to fit and they leave the CD 400 in place, they place the original screen in a plastic sleeve and tuck it behind the CD unit.

This way all the original CD 400 functions work as before, in addition you get...

* Touch screen Sat Nav with Speed Camera alerts, dead easy to update your maps as well.
* iPod connection.
* Additional Blue Tooth that allows A2DP music streaming, although you can only use either the factory BT or the CV one, not both at the same time!
* Additional Graphic Equqliser controls.
* Two additional USB ports in the glovebox.
* Option to store and play music from the Sat Navs Micro SD card.
* Can choose boot up logo, either Vauxhall Griffin, VXR logo, or Opel Lighting Bolt.
* Optional Reverving Camera, I went for this option and it enhances the rear parking sensors perfectly.
* Optional DVD player, I didn't bother with this though so can't comment.

I've also just fitted the front centre speaker as well after finding out on here that the wiring is there for it, found the sound from CD 400 a bit flat in this car compared with my last 63 Plate GTC 1.6T. Fitting this centre speaker makes a big difference.

Regards,

Steve

Based on cost alone, the android unit looks a better option? Be nice to read a full pros and cons review of the car vision unit.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Yeah I don't mind the look of the car vision using but it's just twice the price of the android unit and doesn't seem to be twice as good... Ha.

I mean the Android unit lets you put apps on so you can have YouTube, Spotify, Audible, anything you like! So that alone for me was a good selling point as I was fed up of having to use wires to hook my phone up to the factory unit or use 3rd part dingles etc.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I found the word 'dingle' funnier than what I should have Haha

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Hahahaha damn it! Not bad with only one typo though considering I only use my phone to reply on these forums lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

And there was I thinking the Dingles lived in the Yorkshire Dales lol
The CD400 is a joke, I guessed when I got mine it had bluetooth because all the buttons were there. Nope

I also assumed the DAB worked, I can select it but it doesn't tune in for some reason. Although I have got the USB.

I'm getting the M072 android at the end of the month
(2:nd-Sep-2016, 09:48:23)channing76 Wrote: Hey, just changed cars to a 2015 Astra J and it has a CD 400 Plus headunit.  A bit confused as to what this unit offers.....

1. The car has a shark fin aerial on the roof but I can't get DAB to work, only get AM & FM when I chose Radio on the unit... i'm guessing that means no DAB?
2. I have Bluetooth - phone functions work fine - however I can't get audio streaming to work, ie play music from the phone to the unit... Manual says to press AUX more than once to get into audio streaming mode, but it just says AUX mode nothing else, so again guessing even though I have Bluetooth it doesn't do audio streaming is that right?
3. Lastly, USB.... next to the accessory socket I have an AUX in socket but no USB connection so i'm guessing that means no USB?

I assumed being the CD 400 Plus (it says that on the front of the unit not just CD 400) that it had all these features....?

Cheers for your help.
My 2L CDTI SRI also has np USB, the AUX input can work if you link in with a 3.5mm male to male lead into your headphone on the phone.  I do play music off the phone tho via BT with no problems.

Im unhappiest at the sheer crappiness of the phone interface.   I have one phone connectivity and all i can do is answer incoming calls and redial last number.  Even my crappy Shitroen works van allows me to look and dial from the phones address book! (and that unit doesnt even have an on/off switch. It comes on with the IGN and you cant turn it off, only turn it down or switch it to a silent function like aux if you want quiet!!)    Very very dissapointed in this.  am looking to see if theres a decent upgrade for the phone that I can fit.    My 12 y/o Veccie that just died had DAB as std with a 6 CD changer from new.  I get no DAB, 1 CD and poxy BT.  VX have really really fkd up badly with this.
Phlyer Phil
------------------------
Head In The Clouds
Mind In The Gutter

Have you tried going into BT settings on your phone and making sure you've allowed it share your phonebook with the the BT unit?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DPF Regen question SectorOMEGA 16 10,083 9:th-Sep-2020, 16:10:35
Last Post: Big Dave2
  diesel question niteram 13 5,307 29:th-Mar-2020, 09:48:59
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Centre console Aux in question Mr_Benn 2 2,977 12:th-Jan-2019, 20:28:30
Last Post: Mr_Benn
  Head Unit question Desperado 3 4,002 13:th-Feb-2018, 13:52:43
Last Post: sheppy1
  Navi and Eco question Breengin 8 5,152 4:th-Nov-2017, 18:48:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  New Guy's Head Unit Question Nuko-san 5 4,789 10:th-Apr-2017, 13:14:29
Last Post: marcus01
  Heated Leather Seats Question Vx-Mad-G 2 3,933 2:nd-Dec-2016, 10:05:38
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  20" wheel question Scoobysn7x 3 3,897 15:th-Aug-2016, 21:10:45
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  Really Silly Question about the "menu" button GOKIWI 11 7,873 1:st-Jun-2016, 19:18:50
Last Post: eddier1558
  Blower vents Dual Zone Climate question? Zcubed 4 4,483 11:th-Feb-2016, 19:04:28
Last Post: Zcubed