Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
problem air maf this common is sensor flow mass

MAF Mass Air Flow Sensor is this common problem
Hi Guys,
i just wanted to know ,if the MAF Mass Air Flow sensor is a common fault to go on these 2011 Astra, as my car since the I had this warning sign Diesel Partic Filter is Full Continued Driving Mandatory and then emissions control fault light  appeared on the screen. I had a service indicator illuminated even though i had the service done recently, but this symbol did not appear after few days of driving.

I had AA breakdown to read the code for me time being and it had 2 codes U0121 Anti lock Brake Lost communication and P0101 Maf sensor A circuit range or flow.

However he has resetted the code and he told me if does happen again then I need to change the Maf air flow sensor, which is quite easy to change. I have the symbol again reappeared, so i purchased the electrical contact cleaner from Toolsation http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p81507?s...tr=contact

I applied this spray on the MAF sensor and let it completely dried, but i do not think it has worked, as when i am driving  on small hills, it like reducing power, as it feels like there is no power or losing power. I have to then drive on low gear for example on the 3rd Gear going at 40-45mph.

Some say it is going on Limp mode. I am now looking to buy a Mass Air Flow Sensor, as this is the code appeared when the recovery guy checked with the code reader.

Do you think i need to take it to the Garage to put it on the Diagnostic test or go ahead and purchased the MAF sensor and replaced the MAF sensor and take it from there or do you think i need to make further investigation, as it could be a fault somewhere else.

I had my car serviced, fuel filter, air Filter, Cabin filter, Oil filter and Oil Filter and then after a week i had this DPF sign came.

I very rarely used the car, as i going on my Pushbike and majority of the time if i do drive it will be local 2-3 miles or sometime 20-30 Miles depending where i am going to go.

I would be appreciated with your replies and advice.

Many Thanks.

P0101
DTC P0101: Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance
1.7L Diesel (LPL or LPV) engines - DTC P0100, P0101, P0102, or P0103

[url=http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/astra-j/engine/engine_control_and_fuel_system_1.7l_diesel_(lpl_or_lpv)/other_information/dtc_p0100_p0101_p0102_or_p0103_lpl_or_lpv/][/url]
(12:th-Aug-2016, 16:24:12)caretaker Wrote: Hi Guys,
i just wanted to know ,if the MAF Mass Air Flow sensor is a common fault to go on these 2011 Astra, as my car since the I had this warning sign Diesel Partic Filter is Full Continued Driving Mandatory and then emissions control fault light  appeared on the screen. I had a service indicator illuminated even though i had the service done recently, but this symbol did not appear after few days of driving.

I had AA breakdown to read the code for me time being and it had 2 codes U0121 Anti lock Brake Lost communication and P0101 Maf sensor A circuit range or flow.

However he has resetted the code and he told me if does happen again then I need to change the Maf air flow sensor, which is quite easy to change. I have the symbol again reappeared, so i purchased the electrical contact cleaner from Toolsation http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p81507?s...tr=contact

I applied this spray on the MAF sensor and let it completely dried, but i do not think it has worked, as when i am driving  on small hills, it like reducing power, as it feels like there is no power or losing power. I have to then drive on low gear for example on the 3rd Gear going at 40-45mph.

Some say it is going on Limp mode. I am now looking to buy a Mass Air Flow Sensor, as this is the code appeared when the recovery guy checked with the code reader.

Do you think i need to take it to the Garage to put it on the Diagnostic test or go ahead and purchased the MAF sensor and replaced the MAF sensor and take it from there or do you think i need to make further investigation, as it could be a fault somewhere else.

I had my car serviced, fuel filter, air Filter, Cabin filter, Oil filter and Oil Filter and then after a week i had this DPF sign came.

I very rarely used the car, as i going on my Pushbike and majority of the time if i do drive it will be local 2-3 miles or sometime 20-30 Miles depending where i am going to go.

I would be appreciated with your replies and advice.

Many Thanks.

P0101
DTC P0101: Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Performance
1.7L Diesel (LPL or LPV) engines - DTC P0100, P0101, P0102, or P0103

Just an update, as i was driving over the weekend and when i turned the engine on,  the “Engine Malfunction indicator” light went off, but i did not noticed any loss of power, however the "service vehicle soon" symbol came on, which i had the car fully serviced recently. However i press the Menu and the "service vehicle soon" symbol went off. It happen again when i started a new journey and i press the menu to turn off the reminder "service vehicle soon" symbol, this is the car and spanner symbol in the middle.

I will be driving my car again this evening and see how it goes. But i do still think when i am driving on the hills and if i press full down the accelerator pedal, you can not feel the power kicking in, which should ideally pick more speed and power, as i need to go down a gear to pick up speed and then change the gear.

I had a courtesy car Vauxhall Astra 65Plate 1.4 Turbo Petrol and that was good car to drive and i never noticed when i was driving the car even on hills, as it picked speed when i fully pressed down the accelerator pedal, you can feel the power kicking in, speed increase, like driving 0-60Sec.

[url=http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/astra-j/engine/engine_control_and_fuel_system_1.7l_diesel_(lpl_or_lpv)/other_information/dtc_p0100_p0101_p0102_or_p0103_lpl_or_lpv/][/url]
Just an update , car is working fine now and picks up speed, so all fine at the moment, as i just dont know what happen, the “Engine Malfunction indicator” went off by it self and the car is working fine.
it can play up if the car was run without the air filter or maf connected
usually sorts it self out

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ongoing problem UPDATE Cameron UK 35 17,997 23:rd-Aug-2021, 11:00:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  My new Gtc problem already DE5IRED 18 13,900 28:th-Feb-2020, 23:58:11
Last Post: Zaf312
  Astra j radio / display problem Trublu24 6 16,417 1:st-Feb-2019, 08:38:04
  GTC Coolant temp sensor chris_yorks 2 4,732 11:th-Jul-2017, 07:38:42