Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
rack gtc roof compatibility

GTC roof rack compatibility
So i'm looking at buying a set of roof bars / roof rack and bike rack for my GTC,

I'm just curious whether anybody knows on here if the fitment of the roof rack on the GTC is compatible with other cars as well maybe, so I have something a little broader to search on ebay for. Ideally i'd rather not pay the full amount

Thanks
As far as I know no other roof racks will fit apart from ones designed for the GTC.
There was a set on Facebook,

Look good, Malin banks 80 quid ono

In Welshampton
Cheers guys, welshampton nearly a 2 hr drive from me :-(

I'll keep looking for gtc specific ones then, wasn't sure if vauxhall roof rack fixtures could mix and match so I could widen my search.

Cheers
2 hours drive in a diesel fine, but I guess in urban petrol it's a bit much

There is mine... got lucky in ebay... the cycle carriers are generic but the roof bars are a cheaper alternative just need to remember company name for you!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
With the price beings huge on new, see if that Facebook guy will post it
I can't find the guy on Facebook, although I've found a set of roof bars on ebay for the gtc. Just got to convince him to let me send a courier to pick it up
Where are they?

Using Tapatalk
I can only speak for the 5door but the genuine ones are only £125 on ebay. Think they're similarly priced at main dealers

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(18:th-Jun-2016, 10:16:28)J1ODYA Wrote: Where are they?

They are in Bristol, I'm a bit of tight sod so would ideally want to pay less if I can get one used.

If I don't find one I'll pay full price but I've got to pick up 3 bike rack fittings for the top as well as the roof bars so could be looking at about £200.
After searching far and wide I've managed to get some roof bars today, but had to drive to Birmingham through traffic.

Absolute steal, £30 vauxhall aero bars

Out of all the places I found them on shpock, there's a first time for everything I suppose. Thanks for your help and advice everyone!!
Good find!

Using Tapatalk
Bargain! Well done

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Those wheels are far too close to the curb for my liking lol
That's the down side to parking on the street on a bend, I'm trying to protect my wing mirrors. Have to tuck in, but on the plus side these wheels will always touch the tyres first.

The alloys are unmarked as of yet, that's the main reason I'm going to paint these black instead of getting low profiles and bigger rims

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exterior roof trim needs replaced hughg176 1 1,686 18:th-Aug-2020, 07:18:56
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Roof Spoiler Conor97 8 4,621 8:th-Jun-2018, 22:51:14
Last Post: Conor97
  Roof wrapping gloss black twinpipes 3 3,570 24:th-Jun-2017, 20:37:30
Last Post: Nathjnz
  Panel next to roof lights sheppy1 10 6,469 8:th-Mar-2015, 19:09:29
Last Post: sheppy1
  Since when did a gtc have this roof? Cameron UK 3 4,442 17:th-Jul-2014, 07:51:58
Last Post: tucpal