Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
headlight 2012 door j bulbs sidelight astra 5

Astra J 2012 5 door HEADLIGHT + SIDELIGHT BULBS
Hi all, can anyone recommend some nice white headlights and side lights? Ive been looking on eBay but don't want to buy some cheap and nasty bulbs that only last a few days! So any help be appreciated. Thanks
Side lights you're better off going for the halfords ultra whire bulbs... There brill!

Pics below

For headlights go for the Philips diamond vision

Pics

Both pure white!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

They look really good, just a shame on the GTC they decided to give us a dodgy bulb size. Would be so much easier if it was a H7 :-(
(9:th-Jun-2016, 22:35:03)sheppy1 Wrote: Side lights you're better off going for the halfords ultra whire bulbs... There brill!

Pics below

For headlights go for the Philips diamond vision

Pics

Both pure white!

THANKS sheppy1, i have had my eye on some phillips ones on eBay there £18. And do you have any links for the ones at halfords? Or shud i just ask in shop? Also have you changed the DLR Lights?

Pics

It's the diamond vision you want mate. I had those extreme vision and they're still yellow.

And sorry I don't have the pic of them or a link they're just their own brand blue colour class bulbs... Not sure of their name.

I was referring too the DRLs when I said about the halfords ones mate... We're you asking about some other type of bulbs in your original post?

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(11:th-Jun-2016, 11:05:26)sheppy1 Wrote: It's the diamond vision you want mate. I had those extreme vision and they're still yellow.

And sorry I don't have the pic of them or a link they're just their own brand blue colour class bulbs... Not sure of their name.

I was referring too the DRLs when I said about the halfords ones mate... We're you asking about some other type of bulbs in your original post?

Oh right ok mate. Will get some of them then. And i thought so.. But i have seen alot of people saying they get canbus light on dash when changing drl bulbs? Are they canbus free? Thanks sheppy1
As long as they are not led you wont get any errors piaa drl bulbs are the best
Ok pal thanks for ya help

(11:th-Jun-2016, 11:59:55)tucpal Wrote: As long as they are not led you wont get any errors piaa drl bulbs are the best

You have a link to PIA bulbs tucpal? Thanks
Look at top section of Astra j gtc section drl bulbs thread
(11:th-Jun-2016, 11:05:26)sheppy1 Wrote: It's the diamond vision you want mate. I had those extreme vision and they're still yellow.

I went to halfords they told me they dont do the 580 size any more so looks like il have to try eBay lol
Ordered these and had a go at fitting them today. Cannot for the life of me get the bulbs out of the holders.
I managed to get to this stage but felt I was going to break something if I tried any harder to get it out.

Searched Google and YouTube but not much use.
I have an Astra Sports tourer, similar in color and spec to @sheppy , even have the same wheels. I have now just fitted H7 LED bulbs to the reflector housing after a lot of research on different types and power of bulbs, also needing some slight customisation to fit.  I know its not really recommended for reflectors with glare issue, that is why I specifically went for H7 Leds bulbs that fall under the following criteria to try:

1. Just about 2000 LM.  (HIDs go to 3200lm +, some LEDs also can go higher)
2. Color is 6000k or lower
3. Tries to replicate the halogen bulb beam pattern (size and placement of led chips)
4. And to make it feasible to fit with the astra j bulb holders: the heat sink has to be removable and the stem of the bulb be narrow enough. 

So I got :
1.  24w, 1800-2000lm per bulb, 5700k colour LED H7
2.  H7 bulb holders with a larger hole in the middle to fit the back of the bulbs
3.  LED can bus error free (resistor for H7). 
4. Some back covers with a hole in the middle (got some generic rubber ones) for the heatsink to pop out. 

Results:
1. Overall I am quite happy so far  it, the glare and beam pattern is not anymore than my Philips White Vision H7 I had (1400lm, 4000k colour), which still appeared yellow next to the LED DRL. 
2. Pure white (no hint of blue) - can see some contrast with my 6000-6500k LED DRL that seems to have a hint of blue relatively. 
3. Stronger without additional glare
4. Throws farther - so I have now notched down the level via the electrionic switch. (0-3 level, Was on 2 before, now just at 1)
5. Error Free!

Will post some photos soon!
thanks
So this is what I got: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SLDX-Third-Ge...2387053729

photos of assembly

Got some additional items: 5/8 galvanized washer, H7 LED error canceller (resistor), HID bulb holder, rubber covers

Comparison: Philips White Vision H7 (4000-4300k, rated at 1400lm per bulb)

L: Philips White vision R: LED 5700k (2000 lm)

Upclose shots

with the led DRL (on bright mode all the time)
I'd rather have spent £30 on those rather than my Philips extreme power bulbs which I don't think are any different to a standard bulb

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Sheppy, have you changed your day time running lights before? I've just tried to swap mine to LED ones and I can't find the cover to even get to the bulb! I've taken the air box cover off to help me have a bit more room, but I can't see nothing!
The cut-off-line with LEDs is much worse as with halogen bulbs.
Not to mention the glare. The reflector type headlamps are not suitable for LED conversion like the projector ones.
I've checked a lot of reviews and youtube videos but at the moment I'm not convinced.
I will stay on Philips white vision.

p.s.: + for haw to tutorial. :-)
Something I am really appreciating with the LED comparison to the H7 here is the light scatter.

The H7 has a significant concentration in the centre of the pattern whilst the led appears to me to be uniform across the spread without loss of illumination in any part of it.

I think this will be the h7 upgrade for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has my Astra-J got a selective bulb failure warning system? Big Dave2 7 5,163 12:th-Apr-2023, 11:22:56
Last Post: phlyer
  Headlight Swap leeso 6 6,885 12:th-Mar-2023, 14:39:58
Last Post: Rusty2009
  astra drl fuse or relays?? steveh 1 4,297 27:th-Jun-2021, 18:41:11
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Changing DRLs on 2015 Astra J GTC VXR SGR32 3 5,026 22:nd-Feb-2021, 07:56:26
Astra J LED DRL Headlights Question Baz22 2 5,713 19:th-Oct-2020, 14:27:04
Last Post: Baz22
  Headlight bulbs on a 16 GTC Limited Ed SMS19 1 6,009 14:th-Aug-2020, 14:38:50
  Astra j no indicator lights? Any help pls Winston 1 6,824 29:th-Mar-2020, 09:43:57
  Headlight bulbs Flick19191 2 6,668 25:th-Sep-2019, 08:25:23
Last Post: Flick19191
  DRL Bulbs Keeps Dying Brovakiin 3 7,464 8:th-Aug-2018, 22:19:33
Last Post: niteram
  5000K Halogen bulbs sheppy1 19 15,987 19:th-May-2018, 21:44:06
Last Post: Weemark