Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
about question silly menu the quot button really

Really Silly Question about the "menu" button
So what does the "menu" button on the headlight stalk do ?, all mine does is oil life and something about tyres and load ?
Switches between the display menu types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Okay so I only have tyre load, tyre pressure and oil life...................hmmm my opinion of Doris shrinks every day :-(
when on each menu turn the knob on the same stalk and it should going into some more. depending on what display you have as there are 3 types.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Yeah, I have the basic - turns out that the dealer along with my lack of knowledge has transpired against me :-(, according to the dealer and 2 insurance companies it is Tech Line trim level but from what i've found and according to a couple of other insurance companies it's the Design trim level , what ever it is its the bottom of the barrel bargain basement version. Pretty disappointed with my own stupidity really.
Feel for you, its easy to be drawn in

I know my research when buying my Astra wasnt the best

I checked the reg number of my vehicle for its emissions (for road tax purposes), I knew it would be £110/year, as its on standard fit 18" wheels, dealer insisted it would be £30/year, also dealer assured me it would have bluetooth (it doesnt)

Neither issues were deal breakers for me, but, I have learnt a lesson from it !
Yep! Also didn't do any research before buying mine hence spending about the 5 grand adding all the stuff mine didn't have that I wanted it to have... Bearing in mine I spent 17 grand on the car new!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

its fair to say im doing research, bet i still mess up when i do buy an astra lol,
I think its fair to say most of us fell into that bracket.

The dealers are also a fault for not advertising them property and not informing us.

My sales guy was adamant my car had Bluetooth but it doesn't again not really a deal breaker for me.

What I have noticed its not till you buy the car and come on forums like this you know what you really should be asking and looking for.

When I was researching all I was interested in was the mechanical and body problems not what the car does or does not come with as you assume the dealer would be write with info on the wed site.
Yeah I guess I have two options .

1. Put up with it as it is and be happy I have a track bitch
2. Add the missing bits and be happy I have a track bitch

Don't get me wrong from a tax, insurance and mpg point I'm onto a winner and it does seem well put together , I just think Vauxhall are about 10 years behind the times in terms of feature's (compared to say Japanese cars) and lying main stealers just don't do themselves favours either.

Right enough whinging and moaning , time to hit ebay etc etc
Get used to the dealers lying as it doesn't change!!
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Feel for you, mine was advertised as an SRI but I had done enough to spot the difference so I used the fact it was actually a Sport to 'discuss' further discount...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DPF Regen question SectorOMEGA 16 9,990 9:th-Sep-2020, 16:10:35
Last Post: Big Dave2
  diesel question niteram 13 5,245 29:th-Mar-2020, 09:48:59
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Centre console Aux in question Mr_Benn 2 2,950 12:th-Jan-2019, 20:28:30
Last Post: Mr_Benn
  Help-2012 Astra J S model rear window demister button problem irishastraowner 14 11,558 26:th-Sep-2018, 23:50:59
Last Post: everson38
  CD 400 Plus question channing76 11 12,684 30:th-Jun-2018, 07:16:12
  Head Unit question Desperado 3 3,982 13:th-Feb-2018, 13:52:43
Last Post: sheppy1
  Adding menu options??? Amazingusername 3 4,572 27:th-Jan-2018, 13:37:47
  Navi and Eco question Breengin 8 5,118 4:th-Nov-2017, 18:48:37
  New Guy's Head Unit Question Nuko-san 5 4,748 10:th-Apr-2017, 13:14:29
Last Post: marcus01
  Heated Leather Seats Question Vx-Mad-G 2 3,846 2:nd-Dec-2016, 10:05:38