Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
amp pilot front rear park

Front & Rear Park Pilot
Hi All

Has anyone retrofitted front and rear parking sensors?

Not the ones from Ebay etc (although they'll work fine) but the proper Vauxhall setup?

Its something that I'm really missing and could with?

Whilst I'm asking can anyone advice on rear camera too?

Cheers guys
I bought a wireless reverse camera off ebay for 28 quid and it works fine. Clips into one of the number plate light slots.

Hardest part was getting the wiring up thru the hole and get it to pass thru the gromet in the bumper.

I have the vx line and it appears to have aftermarket sensors front and back. Back ones are ok, front ones are around the number plate and are useless and annoying as they beep when driving. I have a button to switch them off which gets used every time I start the car. (along with the eco button)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Front and rear parking sensors can be retrofitted, every car I've done it on so far has needed a VCI code (and if a VCI is needed it's one GM will supply fOC)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty can you please drop me a PM with more details

Cheers

Andy
Im in the process retrofitting front and rear park sensors. Im retrofitting the oem and also retrofitting the dashboard panel button to control the front sensors. The rear works perfect activating when putting gear in reverse, but the front ones will have to be manually activated pushing the button in the dashboard and that I really dont like.

What is needed to make it work like factory installed where you can control settings through the audio control settings and also have it kick in driving below 8km/t. Would it be the control unit thats needed for the front sensors? If so what partnumber would that be?

I would really appreciate a helping hand as im stuck wher eim at now.

Thanks a bunch, its a astra j 1.6T 2011 gasoline 180hk
My sensors are oem and the fronts only activate when I put the car in reverse. They activate if I press the button but only come on below 8mph. Sounds like yours are working correctly to me.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(5:th-Oct-2016, 16:28:25)bhalay207 Wrote: My sensors are oem and the fronts only activate when I put the car in reverse. They activate if I press the button but only come on below 8mph. Sounds like yours are working correctly to me.

Well, my front doesnt come on when in reverse, only the rear ones... Ill have to manually push the dashboard botton for the front to activate and I want it to activate automatically both when im in reverse and also when driving below 8km/t

if they will come on automatically then I can push the button to deactivate so it should Work reverse as it does now.

There are two different control units one that support the rear only and the control unit that control both rear and front.. Like Rysty2009 wrote it need a VCI to be activated.
Right ok. The fronts should come on when you put it in reverse, you shouldn't have to press the button. As for them being on all the time below 8mph they don't work like that. If you press the button once then they will come on all the time below 8mph. Once you turn the ignition off it reverts to standard meaning you have to press the button to activate at low speeds again.

(6:th-Oct-2016, 10:33:19)bhalay207 Wrote: Right ok. The fronts should come on when you put it in reverse, you shouldn't have to press the button. As for them being on all the time below 8mph they don't work like that. If you press the button once then they will come on all the time below 8mph. Once you turn the ignition off it reverts to standard meaning you have to press the button to activate at low speeds again.

Thanks for supplying.

Thats great, so basically what im missing now is the reverse action, where both front and rear kicks in at the same time. Also can you control settings in the audio control menu for the front sensors?
There are 2 module depending on system.

If you have just front / rear both parking sensors it's the same module.

If you have advanced park assist is a different module.

All the retrofits of parking sensors I've had I've never needed a VCI.

You need to program the module to front and rear iirc UD5 also the IPC needs to be told the same.

When you put it in reverse gear front and rear sensors will work.

Press the button for just front sensors.

If you press the button at any point while driving the front sensors will automatically turn on below 5mph press the button again to stop this happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks for supplying additional info.

Everything Works now besides the last part, "If you press the button at any point while driving the front sensors will automatically turn on below 5mph press the button again to stop this happening."

the kit ive used for my hatchback is the oem one Vauxhall/opel supplies for the sedans and there are changes in the control box, that differs from original control box suited for a hatchback born with front and rear sensors.

Ive sourced a box and a vin code to lookup all details and once I get the box the can modules can be coded to do whats needed and it should Work.

the sn for the box is this 13344459 if there are any thoughts about it.
I'm working on retrofit front sensors on my Astra J sports tourer MK2011. The car is originally ha only rear sensors.
I've bought a PDC module for front and rear sensors on Ebay. GM number of this module is 13354532. The original module in my car is GM 13354543.

When i change the old module by the new one i get some faults on my display that there is something wrong with the PDC system. Probably because it needs to be programmed, but how? Opcom/vauxcom, Tech 2, MDI? And what are the steps to program it.
You shouldn't need to change the module.

The module will throw up errors as it's programmed to a different VIN and also the configuration is different.

MDI only programming.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thank you! But I don't understand that de module not have to be changed.
My original pdc module only have 2 connections. My thougt i need a module whith 3 conections, but i don't?

What is the partnumber from your pdc module?
The partnumber from my module is 13354543 and has 2 connections.

(1:st-Dec-2016, 22:21:18)Rusty2009 Wrote: You shouldn't need to change the module.

The module will throw up errors as it's programmed to a different VIN and also the configuration is different.

MDI only programming.

But my module only have 2 connections. How do i connect the frontsensor loom to this module?

What is de partnumber from your pdc module?
I've never seen only a 2plug module there are all 3 plugs.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Here a picture from my 2plug module with partnumber 13354543

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello
Did you complete the front parking sensor installation. I would ask you if you combined together by the new ECu control module
Best regard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front PDC Wiring leeso 1 1,922 15:th-Jan-2020, 19:43:02
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Rear camera fit on Opel astra sports tourer info ;) Alienbv 24 19,102 26:th-Dec-2019, 13:00:29
Last Post: niteram
  electrical rear windows Maniacu 12 7,245 19:th-Jul-2019, 12:27:57
Last Post: Maniacu
  Front camera retrofit for Lane departure and traffic sign assist Rusty2009 124 75,560 2:nd-Feb-2019, 11:54:01
Last Post: marktourino
  Advanced Park Assist Rusty2009 8 7,997 16:th-Dec-2018, 21:33:29
Last Post: BOLT
  Park pilot connectors.... are these them? gazz292 4 3,775 25:th-Apr-2018, 12:04:26
Last Post: gazz292
  Anybody with the front camera on a 5 door Rusty2009 9 6,499 20:th-Oct-2017, 15:16:35
  Dimming Rear View Mirror MoosaM 1 3,719 21:st-Feb-2017, 08:05:31
  Rear seat belt buckle Rusty2009 12 8,452 15:th-Oct-2014, 09:17:30
  Front Splitter 5-door facelift JJ-Yorks 20 13,497 7:th-Apr-2014, 00:04:50
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
5 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (25:th-Jun-2023, 21:10:32), KKEVANSKK (10:th-Jun-2023, 13:45:12), milozic (9:th-Sep-2023, 20:07:24), Farkask14 (3:rd-Nov-2023, 22:02:13), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 15:47:26)