Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cd400 bug

CD400+ Bug
Hi

I have the above unit fitted and I'm having a problem with the USB drive.

I have attached a 500GB HDD with roughly 80GB of music stored onboard. The HDD is formatted as fat32.

The problem I have is that when I turn on the ignition and headunit, music from the HDD plays automatically (as expected) and the stereo starts scanning the HDD.

Once the scan finishes, I get a message on the display which says something like "no compatible media found" and the HDD can no longer be found.

This is odd because it plays music from the device no problems until the end of the scan

The other odd thing is that there is no consistency; sometimes it's OK after the scan. More often than not though, it's a problem.

I'm wondering if there is a memory limit to the size of device that can be attached to and the headunit is just getting confused?

Or could there be a file on the HDD which is corrupting it somehow?

I've scanned and analysed the HDD with no errors or bugs found so all in all, I'm pretty confused

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are there any non music files on there?

Are all the music files the same format?

There maybe a max size limit most aftermarket units only support upto 64GB.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi Rusty

Thanks for your quick response. I purposely excluded non-music files when I transferred my music across to the HDD.

I wasn't aware of the 64GB limit though.

I think I'll remove some files, drop the used memory down to 64GB and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks again

I assume your music files aren't hi-res or any non standard format ?
@andy2174 I did find some files in .flac format so I've taken them off.

Everything on the disk is now in .mp3 or .wma format and I believe that both file types are supported but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've also dropped down to just under 64GB of used memory.

Hopefully these two things will sort things out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra j cd400 upgrade to cd500 [emoji2] Astragalcreb 4 4,317 16:th-Mar-2020, 22:41:28
Last Post: niteram
  CD400 PINOUT ZAFC1984 3 3,751 5:th-Sep-2019, 21:30:44
Last Post: marky79
  Navi 950 instead of CD400 + parking sensors DanielG 15 11,530 6:th-Dec-2018, 22:48:19
Last Post: marktourino
  CD400 GID (Graphical Display) sheppy1 15 8,605 1:st-Feb-2016, 20:16:18
Last Post: sheppy1

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
mrheat (25:th-Dec-2023, 18:43:35)