Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
mic cancelling noise

Noise Cancelling Mic
Hey All

Long shot but does anyone know of any noise canceling microphones that can be used with my head unit? Don't have to be cheap... Just good.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Parrot do one. It's got two mics in a U shape. You wouldn't be able to hide it though

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...01&alt=web

looks weird, how come its alot more for the cable as well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARROT-MICROPH...SwZ8ZXAuDB
Ooooo that looks smart! Any idea if it would plug into a standard MIC in Port though?

What size Jack is on the stereo? If it's a 3.5mm then you'll need an adapter as it's a small Jack.

Ahhh right yeah mine is 3.5mm. Also my plug is like this

And the parrot one is like this (has more black lines)

Does that matter?

I wouldn't have thought so but I could be wrong. I'm not sure what the lines are all about.

Hi Sheppy1,

Sorry to interrupt your thread, I guess this is the mic to go into the M072 android unit? I noticed you installed another mic up
in the roof factory location. Is this type of mic not decent quality? Ive ordered the Android head unit but not looking to use the
bundled mic as id like to hide it away.

Thanks
Hey it's fine

It is for that year... Right you get one with the unit which will only be long enough to peek out of the facia and Sit on your dash and that's fine in most situations but when on motorways and loud roads the other person struggles to hear me.

The one I got to sit in the factory roof location is fine when stationary but the other person can't hear me full stop when I'm moving!

I'm now looking at this Sony one as it has the 3.5mm Jack required

Bought the Sony one... People report it being great at cancelling noise but no one said they used it with a car... So will see how I get on!

Ah ok, will look forward to your findings on the Sony mic!
Will report back for now I'll stick it in the same place as the one I got with the head unit... Which is just peeking out if the facia of the centre console. I may get an extension cable for it and run it to the roof lining too (if all goes well that is)

Did you insulate it?

I didn't but i also had it dangling below the roof lining as a test with the sponge mic cover on and still had the same issue...

You could try covering the mic in Bluetac (not where the holes are).

@sheppy1 as I said last night I need to get back onto my mic but my plan is to simply glue the factory casing back together and then cover it in bluetac.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Done! Looks nifty too will test it over the next few days to see if it works well

Doesn't look too bad actually, nice work. Hope it works!
Cheers mate! Seems to work well so far on calls when I'm going around 30mph... Will test it when I'm going on the motorway to work one day this week and see how it goes

I think I'm almost out of mods to do now... Don't well over 40 now (not including small things) and my baby is damn near perfect!

Im just starting. Dont fancy doing mine ? haha
Hahahaha I'd gladly help! Loved doing them all and in a way I'm glad I got a car which mid range specs... Learned so much from fitting these mods!

(28:th-Apr-2016, 10:18:03)sheppy1 Wrote: Hahahaha I'd gladly help! Loved doing them all and in a way I'm glad I got a car which mid range specs... Learned so much from fitting these mods!

Awesome well ill keep that in mind, be no doubt asking for your help/tips at some point along the way, yours and others info on this forum has been a brilliant insight. My mods start next week with the head unit.
That's great to hear you've already got a lot from the forum! Everyone on here is very helpful can't wait to see what you think of the head unit and what other mods you do!

have i dreamt it or is the microphone you bought for clipping on your tie,,

if it works in the car then thats cool but when i looked it up there was loads of people in business suits wearing them lol
You're not wrong! Hahaha but yes it's meant for clipping to a suit or something but works fine in the car lol

Haha can imagine you with it on your tie!!

So it works fine when on motorways etc too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe none of you have said it looks like a battery stuck to his dash, it's the first thing I said to him :-P
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hahahaha again thanks rusty! I can't stop thinking that now every time I look at it!

And @tonto yeah tried it on the motorway and it seemed spot on!! Will keep testing though

(30:th-Apr-2016, 09:09:28)sheppy1 Wrote: Hahahaha again thanks rusty! I can't stop thinking that now every time I look at it!

And @tonto yeah tried it on the motorway and it seemed spot on!! Will keep testing though

Hahaha it does look like a battery

Ok cheers mate I may end up getting this one to then if it's decent!

Will keep trying it over the next week or so and let you know!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.4T Engine noise Nathan191210 1 1,302 29:th-Jun-2021, 09:05:07
Last Post: jay2801
  2017 GTC Limited edition - Front wheel noise Nathan191210 4 2,623 12:th-Jul-2020, 07:37:10
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Noise when turning engine off Marc_81 6 4,732 30:th-Jan-2019, 20:46:28
Last Post: Marc_81
Grinding rotating noise from GTC? MattDe123 2 3,583 1:st-Nov-2018, 10:30:33
Last Post: MattDe123
  Clicking noise THOMAS123 1 2,930 16:th-May-2018, 08:06:00
Last Post: rlievens
  Engine noise Lukedent1234 3 3,648 21:st-Sep-2017, 10:56:53
Last Post: Rob6606
  Ticking Noise eddier1558 10 22,656 7:th-Sep-2017, 18:25:53
Last Post: eddier1558
  Wheel Noise Following New Brake Pads & Discs GJH1985 5 5,020 24:th-Jul-2017, 10:12:34
Last Post: GJH1985
  Intermittent engine rattle noise Weeman424 1 3,857 21:st-May-2017, 22:07:02
Last Post: tucpal
  Dry, almost grinding type noise from front wheels / discs area rbull51 2 5,200 12:th-May-2017, 11:17:58
Last Post: Big Dave2