Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
remap help

Remap Help
Hi all,

Soooo I'm thinking of going for a proper remap and sodding the warrant! Ha. My question is... What kind of values should I not exceed (torque and BHP wise) to ensure I don't damage the stock components? Or is there no real value and is this something I should be taking up with the remap company?

Ta

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

you should be looking for 200bhp anything over that is risky
to get the best results upgrade air filter and exhaust
you will have to find your nearest mapper and have a chat with them
Yeah found one that's gonna see what he can get out of my car for me. And 200?! I only have a 1.7 mate and stock is 110! Hahaha

haha i thought you had a 2.0 cdti you should be aiming for 150 160bhp then
any improvement will be better than what you have for sure

check superchips out they say they can get 145 bhp

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...eSVG6LBVHg

they usually are conservative safe maps you should be able to get a bit more out of it else where but i would say 160bhp should be possible good luck.
I have also 1.7 but 125 hp.. Wonder what is the diffrent, because the engine must be the same, right?

Can say 125 hp is slow too.. wouldnt not be surprised if it was 110 in my also =)
(13:th-Mar-2016, 15:26:21)tucpal Wrote: haha i thought you had a 2.0 cdti you should be aiming for 150 160bhp then
any improvement will be better than what you have for sure

check superchips out they say they can get 145 bhp

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...eSVG6LBVHg

they usually are conservative safe maps you should be able to get a bit more out of it else where but i would say 160bhp should be possible good luck.
Cheers mate! Is the super chips blue fin box the one you have then? Still unsure of whether it's better to have that or a "proper" remap

(13:th-Mar-2016, 15:32:30)hejhopp123 Wrote: I have also 1.7 but 125 hp.. Wonder what is the diffrent, because the engine must be the same, right?

Can say 125 hp is slow too.. wouldnt not be surprised if it was 110 in my also =)
Hahaha could be! Not sure how they differ tbh but yeah seen before that they have 110 and 125 models.

Really just worried about ***** the engine or turbo or gear box up as I'm gonna lose my 100k warranty doing this

If you use a box and something goes wrong you take the box off and Vauxhall would be none the wiser wouldn't they and your warranty would still stand?
You get any discount codes for future purchased of the blue fin @tucpal?

bluefin is a removable remap you load it up and you can remove it when you want and add it back when you want
good bit of kit there nice and safe maps not the best for bhp figures usually 10 to 20 bhp behind other mappers quotes
but still good all the same also try IPF remaps again works like a bluefin removable map usually better than bluefins bhp figgers

other wise go and get it done somewhere with dyno runs etc.
Spot on! Cheers dude gonna see what this local remap company says tomorrow about what they can get from my car and what it will cost and then ill make a decision

If you are still under warranty, I would suggest getting a tuning box so it can be easily removed if you need to. Tuning box is half the price as well give or take.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
yeah was gonna do that mate but in the event of anything serious going wrong VX would instantly be able to find out that I had a chip installed :(

@tucpal With the bluefin do you just use the weird dongle remote thing to install the remap and then remove it? Also after it's done can it ever be removed (the remap that is)?

Thanks

(13:th-Mar-2016, 16:15:04)stigeye Wrote: If you use a box and something goes wrong you take the box off and Vauxhall would be none the wiser wouldn't they and your warranty would still stand?

No the ECU has an image on it which gets flipped so if he blows the engine they will check.

People need to stop thinking a box is untraceable if removed it's not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Agreed both are detectable and yes ipf flash and bluefin are maps you upload yourself and then if you go to the dealers and have any system updates etc you can take the map off put the original back on and after updates are done by the dealers the map can be put back you have to way up what is more important to you improved performance and economy or your warranty the bluefin and ipf are not over the top maps so less chance of something going wrong just get it done and stop panicking about something that may never happen best options for you are box or one of the above removable remaps
Yep thanks tucpal! I'm gonna get the bluefin this month or next after they confirm that they support my engine type

If they don't have the map they will send you to one of there installers and they remap the car for you and you still get the box also
Oh okay... That's not bad I guess think that will cost a little more but oh well

I just can't see there being such a big performance gap between a basic remap and a tuning chip, both will give you somewhere around 25bhp increase, there or thereabouts. Personally I would go for the chip, when your done with the car you unplug and take it with you, sell it, refit it to your next motor if you have one that's interchangeable. Some people like the remap, then change of filter, exhaust etc etc, the whole chebang just to eke out that few extra bhp, koudos, bragging rights. Unless you are doing shows and like going around tracks a lot the whole fast n furious thing isn't my cuppa. Then again I could be just showing my age now.
Hahaha all I want is something reliable that gets me more power... Now finding a reliable garage in my area is like finding a unicorn. The bluefin seems to be a good balance between reliability, performance and also ease of installation and gets 36BHP and 60NM more torque from the engine too... Not pushing it too much and should see me getting a noticeable boost

Bluefin is a good option if it's available for your car. They didn't support the astra stop/start editions when I last looked. 2.0 Cdti that is. 160hp yes, 165hp no.

(13:th-Mar-2016, 22:36:13)marcus Wrote: Bluefin is a good option if it's available for your car. They didn't support the astra stop/start editions when I last looked. 2.0 Cdti that is. 160hp yes, 165hp no.

They don't appear to support my exact engine code but have mailed them anyway

Odd as demon tweeks have it here for my engine size and my bhp but they don't state the engine codes it's for

On the Bluefin site though they list it by engine codes and mine ain't there...

Weird. Do you have stop/start? For S/S they have to remove the ecu from the car because there is some added security complication. If that's the case, no real benefit using superchips as you won't have the flexibility to remove the map by yourself.

Nope I don't have stop start either... But they so have stop start models listed on their site as being supported... Very odd indeed!

(13:th-Mar-2016, 21:07:52)tucpal Wrote: Agreed both are detectable and yes ipf flash and bluefin are maps you upload yourself and then if you go to the dealers and have any system updates etc you can take the map off put the original back on and after updates are done by the dealers the map can be put back you have to way up what is more important to you improved performance and economy or your warranty the bluefin and ipf are not over the top maps so less chance of something going wrong just get it done and stop panicking about something that may never happen best options for you are box or one of the above removable remaps
Firm but wise words here.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remap / New Member, Hi! MidlandsGTC 1 1,325 5:th-Jan-2021, 08:42:56
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance M222RJF 8 4,373 11:th-Sep-2020, 20:55:21
Last Post: badger64
Remap? LINNY34 14 10,624 27:th-Jul-2018, 19:07:38
  !.4 Turbo remap Midlands simsgtc 5 4,014 15:th-Jul-2018, 21:51:29
Last Post: simsgtc
  My remap nightmare Morgan 43 19,823 11:th-Mar-2017, 08:33:25
  Remap on a f40WR homzey 6 5,671 24:th-Jan-2017, 19:38:42
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  dpf removal and remap on a17dte? rbull51 4 5,043 1:st-Dec-2016, 23:02:47
Last Post: tucpal
  ECU Remap or Pedal Box bradhiggy 4 4,805 1:st-Nov-2016, 14:08:31