Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
vehicle service soon

Service vehicle soon
Hi guys, any one know how to get rid of this? Pops up each time car is started.
Car idles a little rough when cold and got that blasted turkey noise back, anything to do with these do u think?
Or does it mean it's due a service although not until August / September time

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Which engine you got?
If it's the turkey noise, I'm guessing 1.7?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Ye it's 1.7bud

Using Tapatalk
Could be a faulty glow plug but we won't know till you get the car plugged in as it's got a code stored.
Damn j's why don't they have a pedal test!!
I've been reading posts about it being a knock sensor over tightened any idea what this is? Recently replaced the washer pump last week. Can't remember if I had this message before or after lol. Glow plugs easy to replace on these?

Using Tapatalk
You got stop start? As some glow plugs need the pressure sensor?

No bud no stop/start

Using Tapatalk
Is the message coming on after car is warm?

Every time I start it. If I twist the indicator stalk it goes to normal trip screen. Stop car switch back on and it's there's again

Using Tapatalk
Might not be a glow plug problem, what's the oil life indicator on?

Was on 11%, just reset it and it still comes on

Using Tapatalk
I guess only way getting it sorted would be getting a garage to plug it in unfortunately as you could spend more trying to solve the problem.

Ye I was hoping it would t come to this. Never taken a car to be plugged in, any idea of what I can expect? Wonder if I call the RAC and say I don't want to drive it incase it causes bigger problems? I've also got a policy with warranty direct too so could go down this route too.

Using Tapatalk
If you have brake down cover then you could try and get them to plug it in and find the fault.

I did that a few years ago on my old veccy told them I was afraid to drive it incase caused more damage. Didn't hesitate in reading the code, wonder if they will still do it. I'll give them a call tomorrow

Using Tapatalk
I know AA do so don't see why the RAC won't

Thanks, I'll update on here if they find a code. Fingers crossed its something simple

Using Tapatalk
I bet you'll find their readers won't dig that deep.

I had an 'engine systems fault' message on my old focus before and only Ford could diagnose it with their pc as it was too generic for any other code reader.

Hi the SVS could be for anything really! The RAC will read the code as when mine came up and went into limp mode they done it without asking!!

Our local garage in Loughborough, who are very good I have to say will do a diagnostic for £5. It is always good when you can find a local garage that you can trust and have a rapport with.
A local garage diagnosed my Focus as air mass fault based on their reader. Ford narrowed it down to the turbo and in turn to the turbo actuator. Wasted £36 on a diagnositic check. For generic codes and based codes I personally would recommend a dealer.... Even if you don't have it repaired at the dealer.

For r first time today the message came on then after restarting again about 10mins later it didn't show up

Using Tapatalk
Ok, RAC been out and gone. Cleared the codes. There was an old clutch switch error and an unknown code "glow plug module low voltage" said to see how it goes in the morning and if comes back to ring them again

Using Tapatalk
Still got the error but can't afford to get it fixed yet. Just found out my mot and tax ran out beginning of the month!! Will this message fail the mot?

Using Tapatalk
The message is telling you there is a fault with the car not that it's due a service (it's a stupid message to display as most people think it means just that you car is due a service).

As for MOT as far as I understand any warning lights is an instant fail, as for message I'm not too sure.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
my car Astra 1.7 Diesel i purchased last week kept coming up with the message SERVICE VEHICLE SOON so took it to garage and tried the obd2 reader and no fault found so he plugged a different reader in and came up with the code P037E "glow plug module low voltage" the engine is running very lumpd and sounds like an old tractor. the car is going back to the garage this weekend will update with the outcome. This is a video of what it sounds like 

well my car is still down at the garage it has had new glowplugs fitted and also a new glowplug control module but the car still isnt running properly. the mechanic isnt going to give me the car back till he is 100% satisfied that it is running correctly. he has ordered a set of injectors for it so will see if that sorts out the problem. Glad the car is still in warranty as only had it 1 week
I believe the 1.7cdti is quite notorious for suction control valve problems, maybe worth a look if the injectors don't sort the issue out.
i eventually go tthe car back from the garage today after them having it for 10 days and the fault has been fixed. it was faulty glow plug module and couple glow plugs not working properly. also after the fixed that the engine was still not running properly and the put it down to injectors so i now have a full new set of injectors fitted to the car aswell. Glad the car was under warranty.
Low boost for me when mine said SVS told to change air filter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service Vehicle soon and Op-com Arkanggel10 3 2,517 23:rd-Oct-2020, 16:09:22
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  'Service Vehicle Soon' on display Loddy Jeff 10 3,892 12:th-Oct-2020, 12:51:00
Last Post: Big Dave2
  ESP service message, erratic fuel range figures on trip computer mpotsb 2 2,443 7:th-Sep-2020, 12:04:29
Last Post: mpotsb
  "Stop Vehicle Immediately Engine Has Overheated" Advice appreciated please Dennis S 25 38,110 30:th-Aug-2020, 13:56:18
Last Post: Rgotts00
'service vehicle soon' Ssss 1 1,723 12:th-Aug-2020, 07:56:03
Last Post: Rusty2009
Service vehicle soon??? k1ckboxer 3 2,170 10:th-Aug-2020, 14:53:25
Last Post: Ssss
  service parking assist and tpms not working kevinmcken1404 3 2,645 18:th-May-2020, 10:09:32
  service vehicle soon stevedemp23 2 2,375 16:th-Jan-2020, 08:11:31
Service Bulletin syscleaner 2 2,296 1:st-Sep-2019, 18:26:13
Last Post: syscleaner
  Astra GTC service vehicle soon Beechy 9 9,765 25:th-Feb-2019, 15:53:15
Last Post: pat100