Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to nav500 cd400 upgrade

Cd400 to nav500 upgrade.
hi there! I'm new on this forum, living in the Netherlands and searching for info for replacing my CD400 system for a
NAVI600 system. My Astra J Sports Tourer already has the bluetooth module; Besides this it only has the AUX 
input for 3.5mm audio plugs. I already have the complete NAVI600 system (UCU unit, display unit, control unit,
USB - SD card module - see pictures). The UCU unit is already unlocked so it should be accepted after installation.
Problem which I have now are:
1 - not having GVIF cable which is the video cable which connects the display to the UCU unit (blue connectors)
2 - not having the USB cable to connect USB module to UCU unit
3 - not having cable to connect SC card / 3.5 input jack to UCU unit
Could somebody tell me where I can get these cables?? Other question I have is about wiring: the guy who 
unlocked my UCU control unit told me that I have to make some small changes in the wiring system; does 
anyone knows if thats correct and if yes could you tell me what I need to change in the wiring?? Hope one of
you can help me out with these questions; really appriciated!!

BR Bas

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi guys, I have a 2011 Elite with a basic CD400 in it.
What would be needed to upgrade to have a satnav?
I've seen 500, 600, 650 & 950 kits advertised but I'm not sure if they would be compatible.
(2:nd-Jan-2021, 22:08:52)woutfab Wrote: hi there! I'm new on this forum, living in the Netherlands and searching for info for replacing my CD400 system for a
NAVI600 system. My Astra J Sports Tourer already has the bluetooth module; Besides this it only has the AUX 
input for 3.5mm audio plugs. I already have the complete NAVI600 system (UCU unit, display unit, control unit,
USB - SD card module - see pictures). The UCU unit is already unlocked so it should be accepted after installation.
1 - not having GVIF cable which is the video cable which connects the display to the UCU unit (blue connectors)
Could somebody tell me where I can get these cables?? Other question I have is about wiring: the guy who 
unlocked my UCU control unit told me that I have to make some small changes in the wiring system; does 
anyone knows if thats correct and if yes could you tell me what I need to change in the wiring?? Hope one of

BR Bas

The GVIF cable is part number 95353437

The USB connect into the SD port mini-b to mini-b link 

SD to Radio Mini-A to Mini-B 

Yes there are wiring changes needed.

(6:th-Jan-2021, 23:26:21)THEHITMAN Wrote: Hi guys, I have a 2011 Elite with a basic CD400 in it.
I've seen 500, 600, 650 & 950 kits advertised but I'm not sure if they would be compatible.

As to what is needed depends on the navi unit yo go for.
500/650/950, Screen + surround, main unit, control panel, USB tray and port

600/900 Screen + surround, main unit, control panel, Tray for SD port USB/AUX port plus the ports.

Wiring changes GPS aerial, then it needs programming.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(9:th-Jan-2021, 08:37:53)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(2:nd-Jan-2021, 22:08:52)woutfab Wrote: hi there! I'm new on this forum, living in the Netherlands and searching for info for replacing my CD400 system for a

BR Bas

(6:th-Jan-2021, 23:26:21)THEHITMAN Wrote: Hi guys, I have a 2011 Elite with a basic CD400 in it.

600/900 Screen + surround, main unit, control panel, Tray for SD port USB/AUX port plus the ports.

So what's the easiest changeover then, NAV500?
Does the 500 need the aerial as well and need programmed?
Yes cd500 is the earliest & yes to a GPS aerial wiring changing and programming.
These are what I use unless custom wants to add a roof aerial on. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-SAT-NAV-A...SwqLlcRW0m
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(10:th-Jan-2021, 08:16:04)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yes cd500 is the earliest & yes to a GPS aerial wiring changing and programming.
These are what I use unless custom wants to add a roof aerial on. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-SAT-NAV-A...SwqLlcRW0m

Is it easier to change to an aftermarket sat nav unit like this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-ANDROID-10-...SweThfJFcD
I want to keep the cd player lol
(9:th-Jan-2021, 08:37:53)Rusty2009 Wrote:

BR Bas

Thx Rusty for explaining which cables I need! One question left: at the back of the USB-AUX-SD Card console there are two pins next to the connector for USB cable which goes to radio unit. Do you know where those pins are needed for; do I need to connect something on these pins ore will SD card work when USB cable between console and radio is connected? 

BR Bas
I think the one you are talking about it the power supply, this is needed for the sd card side of things to work.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
(12:th-Jan-2021, 08:02:24)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: I think the one you are talking about it the power supply, this is needed for the sd card side of things to work.

Hi JP,

thanks for reply. Guess you are wright and connections are needed for 12v power supply. Any idea how to find out
which pin is for +12v and which one is for ground??

BR Bas
Black is ground, the other is red and yellow which is power.

Think I have a photo somewhere

Pin 1 is black
Pin 2 is red/yellow

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
(13:th-Jan-2021, 19:07:55)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: Black is ground, the other is red and yellow which is power.

Think I have a photo somewhere

Pin 1 is black
Pin 2 is red/yellow

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Thx JP; done; succesfully swapped CD400 to NAVI600 in my Astra J!! Took me some time but it works ...

BR Bas
An interesting thread. Looking to improve my Astra J 2011 Elite with a CD400 fitted. I can't find the DAB cable, which is a shame. If I add DAB, then options will be to either make something or just get a custom cable from Rusty2009 (I've not seen anyone else sell them). Do the various wires from that DAB cable have to be crimped/pushed into appropriate slots on the 38 way (I think) main connector on the back of the radio?

I might also try and fit an Ebay Navi 500/600 etc, and would expect to have to post the unit away to be coded to the vehicle (and allow DAB+)

I've currently got a dashboard stick-on DAB+/Bluetooth radio that streams music. I've read that all but the high-end Navi radios can't stream music, so whatever I replace the CD400 with I may still end up using that stick-on thing for Bluetooth streaming.

An easy solution for a first dabble into this might just be to get the DAB+ module (has to be DAB+) and use that with the CD400.

As no-one who posts here lives nearby (Kent) whatever I do I might just have to do myself, with info/cables/coding by post. Hard to know what it's worth doing on a 10 year-old car. It's low mileage, so I'll probably keep the car a few years. A shame Vauxhall weren't putting DAB into cars by 2011. I'm sure the 2011 Fords I looked at had DAB.
Hi there, im new here with many doubts. Is it possible to use CD500 display unit on a CD400 anyhow?
Thanks
(4:th-May-2014, 10:25:51)vxmods Wrote: ive not got the navi600 setup,its the aditional parts that i
  have to go with a setup

ive already proved it can be retro fitted in tucpals
    astra.

can u do a navi 600 supplied and fitted for a vauxhall insignia on 13 plate please
Rusty is your man he is fantastic Yeah 

Rusty is your man to fix the radio/cd problems he is excellent and a nice day out in Bournemouth too.
(23:rd-Jun-2021, 09:31:59)Gunny112 Wrote:
Rusty is your man he is fantastic Yeah 

Rusty is your man to fix the radio/cd problems he is excellent and a nice day out in BournemouthHi just picked up a 2012 GTC would like to add bluetooth to the CD400 it hs dab and the aux/usb too what pricehelp is available for this i assume as thet are a good price on ebay i could buy the CD500 as i kit and if someone couls fit and program it that would be good i am based in cardiff but dont mind drivingThanks
Cd500 nice and easy if you have all the bits, screen wire is hardest to come by. If you aren't bothered about nav I would say either cd400 all in one which has dab and Bluetooth built in or cd600 if you want colour screen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stereo upgrade options Amazingusername 6 10,392 9:th-Feb-2021, 14:07:41
Last Post: loeb
  Upgrading the CD400 sadiqr10 0 3,594 11:th-Nov-2020, 04:58:09
Last Post: sadiqr10
  Cd400 software update Lukedent1234 8 9,182 21:st-Sep-2019, 10:00:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  cd400 quality rbull51 9 12,108 24:th-Aug-2019, 18:02:12
Last Post: niteram
  Wanting to install bluetooth and upgrade CD400 andy2174 14 29,149 1:st-Mar-2018, 20:27:35
Last Post: marcus01
  HID upgrade Dale90 29 15,365 10:th-Aug-2017, 09:33:25
Last Post: Dale90
  CD400 reception problem MDS2017 3 7,990 3:rd-Mar-2017, 21:00:27
Last Post: GOKIWI
  ECM "Upgrade" Recall Causing Performance Issue? Black_Cat 4 6,075 6:th-Nov-2016, 22:57:55
  Shark fin for cd400 chrisb2511 10 31,236 10:th-Aug-2016, 07:21:51
  Washer jet upgrade / change? rbull51 1 4,556 27:th-Jul-2016, 22:58:36

Who read this thread?
7 User(s) read this thread:
Michal Zabka (18:th-Dec-2023, 09:50:51), airainchoc (25:th-Jun-2023, 17:10:24), milozic (21:st-Sep-2023, 19:17:49), James37518 (16:th-Jan-2024, 17:35:43), Farkask14 (25:th-May-2023, 17:17:06), ynns (18:th-Jun-2023, 18:30:54), giderci (28:th-Feb-2024, 15:09:17)