Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
unlock boot option

Boot Unlock Option
Hi all,

So vx updated all my system the other day and now for some reason when I turn off the car and get out (end of the day when I get home or when I get to the office) the boot remains locked... It never used to work like that, anyone know if there's an option on the car that I need to enable or disable to get it back like it was?

Ta

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

No option unless they've added something seems strange tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
They defo added something as there used to be an option called "remote unlocking" or something and now it says "remote unlocking, something else and remote starting"!! Weird...

Very strange

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Remote starting... As in start car while locked and your getting ready to leave???

Yep mate it's an option on some models (seems to be foreign models). I never used to have the option but do after the update but obviously can't do anything with it as I don't have the key or hardware to support it!

Hmm as I'll be keeping car for a few years (longer if cost worthy) I wonder if it'll become a possible retrofit that's easy to do.

Pulled this from another thread on here but there's a third party company (they have a site) called secure my car who offer this service:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czpxxUg-wvo

That seems like the best route to go down TBH...however not sure what they charge!

I think is literally just want it to start/stop engine and that's it. You've got keys to open/lock doors etc. But I bet they're extortionate lol.

I'll enquire

My car was updated yesterday and i didn't have this option lol. They updated mine to get rid of my service park assist error - which of course, was still there after it... lol
Do they update the car during a major service or do you have to request specifically?

Cheers,
Stephen
In the options check for anti high jack or something, my old elite did something similar after its first service and they applied the updates. With the option enabled the car should unlock all doors after you turn the ignition off.

(14:th-Jan-2016, 14:35:45)stephenjlord Wrote: Do they update the car during a major service or do you have to request specifically?

Cheers,
Stephen
Normally the dealership would do this at the time of the service
(14:th-Jan-2016, 17:44:04)JohnL Wrote: In the options check for anti high jack or something, my old elite did something similar after its first service and they applied the updates. With the option enabled the car should unlock all doors after you turn the ignition off.

(14:th-Jan-2016, 14:35:45)stephenjlord Wrote: Do they update the car during a major service or do you have to request specifically?

Cheers,
Stephen
Normally the dealership would do this at the time of the service
Hey, I don't have that option I don't have any that seem like they would cause this behaviour... I'll have to take some photos of the options and see of we can figure out which may be causing it.

Alternatively... Will the explanations of each option be in the log book?

I doubt they will be in the log book mate PMSL.

Might be in the handbook that came with the car.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Same thing! Haha. I found this though which sounds like it may be something related... Will check it out in the morning

I was right auto door lock is also auto door Unlock and for some reason after the update it was turned off. Back on and works fine and as it used too

It's not the same thing lol.

It will restore to factory settings after an update so all settings need to be reset.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Option codes SomePigeon 2 1,294 31:st-Jul-2021, 19:51:14
Last Post: SomePigeon
Possible to install boot fuse board? Find_By_SQL 3 2,169 3:rd-Jul-2020, 07:44:19
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Tailgate Stuck Shut and wont unlock HELP luvie 5 8,379 18:th-May-2018, 07:25:21
Last Post: Rusty2009
  No wiring for the interior boot light marcus01 5 5,479 20:th-Dec-2017, 16:48:23
Last Post: rlievens
  Lock/Unlock buttons AlanMac 8 5,088 29:th-Aug-2017, 22:20:47
Last Post: AlanMac
  Sliding boot cover doesn't stay in place zzattack 1 3,473 27:th-Jun-2017, 18:53:14
Last Post: zzattack
  Maxton Design Boot Spoiler Wayneofwolves 3 4,248 6:th-Feb-2017, 08:11:29
Last Post: Wayneofwolves
  Lights on when you unlock the car?? chrisb2511 9 8,112 11:th-Sep-2016, 18:39:07
Last Post: bhalay207
  How can i remove n/s boot liner spybot 2 5,430 24:th-Jun-2016, 12:27:16
Last Post: spybot
  Unlock trip computer Daz21 14 8,394 19:th-Feb-2016, 13:31:35
Last Post: Daz21