Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
in lights j astra and condensation front rear

ASTRA J CONDENSATION IN FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS!
Hi All....

Wanting some of advise got astra J 2012 and happened to noticed this morning that the front corners of the headlights have condensation in them at both sides. Also walked round the back of the car and the rear reverse bit of the light on the boot lid also has condensation in on both sides, first time I've noticed it. Anything possible to do to stop this from happening? Anyone else have this problem? Really annoying!!! ?

Thanks in advance.
It has been very wet of late check the covers on the headlamps.

I had it in my rear light.

I found the best way to solve it was to remove the light and heat it in the oven.

If you want to do that I can give a step by step guide on the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yeah that would be great if you could mate. And how would i remove the light part thats actually on the boot lid itself?

Should i leave it and see how it goes first? I just think it can only get worst. Lol. Thanks pal.
1.Remove light from car & remove bulb & Holder.
2. Get a bit of card.
3. Get a piece of grease proof paper.
4. Cut the card the same size as the greaseproof.
5. Wet the card board.
6. Place the cardboard on-top of the greaseproof paper & place in the oven.
7. Place the light on-top of the cardboard.
8. Turn the oven onto max (3-5 mins should do).
9. Be careful when remove as it will be hot.

At step 8 if you have a glass door you will be able to see when the condensation has gone, what will happen is it will get worse and then disappear and leave a clear light.

As for removing the light yes have a look in this thread.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Cheers mate will be sure to have a go at that. Thanks for the help

do you think if i removed it a hair dryer would sort the problem? With it only been that little square bit thats got it in, can i get to that bit or is excess blocked inside?
Where rev and fog go is a bit of plastic which you can't get of the unit. so you have the outer plastic then other bit of plastic.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I took them off and dried it with hair dryer, been ok for two days just looked again now its evan worst lol, when i pulled the plastic cap from the boot lid, there was some water in there that dripped out, not allot.. all carpet is dry in boot could there be a faulty seal?
i would say so a faulty light seal
or missing seal someone may have change a bulb and lost it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lighting & front power socket issues phlyer 0 3,171 17:th-Mar-2023, 17:41:23
Last Post: phlyer
  High pitched noise (Astra OPC J) maximame 0 4,439 24:th-Mar-2021, 08:34:13
Last Post: maximame
  Gear Knob issue (Automatic 2014 Astra GTC) DC23 1 5,262 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:08:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J. Can a tyre valve be replaced without replacing the TPMS? benawhile 2 3,765 5:th-Aug-2020, 12:33:14
Last Post: benawhile
  Astra GTC auto gear knob replacement Jayrich872001 12 20,420 22:nd-Jul-2020, 12:21:46
Last Post: DC23
  Astra J SRI 13 Plate - Radiator Fan Gavin1506 2 3,799 11:th-Jul-2020, 22:08:04
Last Post: Gavin1506
  Astra J 1.6 CDTi increased fuel consumption _Mita 2 5,442 1:st-Mar-2020, 22:27:38
Last Post: _Mita
  Astra ST 1,6 CDTi, error code P0181 claymansvk 1 2,779 20:th-Feb-2020, 19:32:31
  shock absorber noises astra j blacknik 1 4,698 10:th-Feb-2020, 08:34:15
  Reversing lights AndyF79 4 3,288 12:th-Sep-2019, 12:37:51
Last Post: AndyF79

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (20:th-Jul-2023, 20:27:50)