Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
music bluetooth

Bluetooth Music
Hi all,

Is it possible (or even supported) to play music from my phone over Bluetooth using the factory fitted Bluetooth module?

I currently have a device that allows me to do it but never figured out if the car actually supports this.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I've never got it working if it does, annoying considering my work transit custom has it!
Vauxhalls for whatever reason don't support A2DP. Whether they've changed that in the latest offerings but to my knowledge the J doesn't support it.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I'm sure the J does support it pretty sure I've seen the wiring info for it when looking.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
could try this

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...35&alt=web
He's already said he's got a device to do it but wants to know if the car supports it.
Yeah sorry guys, already have a little gadget which works great and I do like but it needs charging every few days... Just thought I'd check to make sure I wasn't missing anything with regards to OEM functionality

It's not possible I'm afraid matey, you'll have to carry on with your gadget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahhh well! Thought it would be worth an ask just in case I'd missed something. Cheers anyway

Depends on the headunit. The navi 950 supports it, I believe the new navi 600's do as well but not sure
My navi 600 upgraded to the navi 900 doesn't support it

That will probably be because it's just a software upgrade you've done and the original unit is lacking the hardware the 900 unit has that allows the streaming.
I have a navi 950 and it plays the songs off my phone via bluetooth. Its a little slow when changing tracks but works great.
Looks like I've no chance with my CD400 hahaha. The little dongle I have is fantastic though! No delay, perfect quality but just needs charging once a week

(3:rd-Jan-2016, 01:37:11)sheppy1 Wrote: Looks like I've no chance with my CD400 hahaha. The little dongle I have is fantastic though! No delay, perfect quality but just needs charging once a week

thats not bad mate. there is a slight delay with the navi though. I had the navi 650 in my last gtc and that didn't play music via BT and i hardly use it now just play music off usb pen, but if you press source it auto picks BT first so sometimes its just like an auto thing. USB pen is much easier i find.
Ahhhh okay! Each to their own really isn't it all my audio comes from Spotify and Audible so I've literally never used the USB option

I use iPod and cable, just gotta remember to unplug it, girlfriends in the car most of the time with me so she changes the music as it's not supported through the steering wheel

Just realised if I plug the iPod in via the USB I can control it through the steering wheel, I'm a simple person.

Hahaha I was gonna say I thought this was something that existed lol. I have an android phone atm so no good for me but glad you found something out ya didn't know! Hehe

(5:th-Jan-2016, 19:15:01)sheppy1 Wrote: Hahaha I was gonna say I thought this was something that existed lol. I have an android phone atm so no good for me but glad you found something out ya didn't know! Hehe

It works on Android phones as well. Need to make sure you unlock the phone when plugging it in to the USB port.
I use apps like Spotify and Audible mate so it won't and can't control them thanks though

I bought a usb powered BT receiver for mine so it turns on and off with the 12v and auto connects, never needs charging.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NE...ge_o05_s00

Works fine, I'm in the same position but with iPhone all my stuff is on spotify, annoying it doesn't work through BT and even more annoying that is also seemingly won't work via USB either so no point in retrofitting that.
Odd! That's the exact one I tried before getting the one I got. I used to get loads of static sounding feedback for done reason...I always get static feedback when charging a device at the same time as it's plugged into AUX... Anyone know why that is? My battery powered Bluetooth receiver has no such issues

Ahhh apparently the issue I described is down to ground loop issues. Can be resolved by using an AUX cable with an isolator on it I'm gonna buy one and try it

I'm running this cable at the moment with no issues.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Profile-...ofile+FLAT

Works quite well I have a small curly lightning cable and this just cable tied neat with one of those sticky cable tie mount things in the centre console to my brodit mount to the left of the HVAC controls. Works well for me.
Hmmmm well I've tried numerous branded AUX cables and every one of them has given me that issue. So the one I went for is designed to cut out that noise in cars so will see how I get on thanks thoigh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bluetooth Streaming Options? D4NNYB0Y 1 1,632 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:33:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Can’t play music on my car Soufiane 5 2,395 14:th-Sep-2020, 09:28:50
Last Post: Soufiane
All Speaker Bluetooth Audo, DAB & Telephone? oovavoo 11 4,980 6:th-Jun-2019, 06:58:49
  bluetooth marky79 1 2,002 9:th-Mar-2019, 18:39:10
  Bluetooth Retro fit wrobsongtc 2 2,980 4:th-Jun-2018, 15:58:54
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
  Bluetooth module for sale richardhmorgan1 3 3,680 10:th-Apr-2018, 19:58:09
  Wanting to install bluetooth and upgrade CD400 andy2174 14 28,958 1:st-Mar-2018, 20:27:35
Last Post: marcus01
  Installing usb port and bluetooth 1.4turbo 1.4turbo 10 6,902 1:st-May-2017, 08:16:43
Last Post: Lewis6317