Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
vehicle message service soon

'Service vehicle soon' message
For a week or two each time I start the car, I am getting a message which reads 'Service vehicle soon'. Does anyone have any experience and is this telling me it is producing a fault code somewhere (as this is what I suspect) ? If so, does anyone have a fault code reader in the Cheshire area that may be able to offer some help and advice? Thanks, Graham in Winsford.
Yes it could well be a fault. I would offer to plug it on for you but am too far away.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for the reply Rusty. Yup, Bournemouth is a bit far for me lol
I get that message, i noticed it when my oil like had 5% then once its on 0% it shows up every time you start car etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi
Have you tried resetting the oil life indicator to see if the warning goes. Then get the oil and filter changed and reset it again
Yes it would but then it dont solve the issue about having a service and having oil change

Tried the above but no luck, thanks for the suggestions guys
its really a random fault message the dealers will pull the fault code up for you
(6:th-Dec-2015, 23:08:11)tucpal Wrote: its really a random fault message the dealers will pull the fault code up for you

I have experienced this message once, is there a underlying problem?
ttt  
On diesel it can be a glow plug. On my 1.7 cdti this message was only on first (cold) start, when it warms up there is no message because glow plugs are not used.
Locate glow plugs and test each with multimeter (ohms). Resistance shuld be low (0.9-1.3), if its 10+ or 0.0 then it has to be replaced!
Try first to warm it up, stop engine, remove the key, put the key and start it up. If message is missing then it is glow plug 100%

(9:th-Jan-2016, 21:00:18)nidzo Wrote: On diesel it can be a glow plug. On my 1.7 cdti this message was only on first (cold) start, when it warms up there is no message because glow plugs are not used.
Locate glow plugs and test each with multimeter (ohms). Resistance shuld be low (0.9-1.3), if its 10+ or 0.0 then it has to be replaced!
Try first to warm it up, stop engine, remove the key, put the key and start it up. If message is missing then it is glow plug 100%

My car is a Petrol 1.6 16V Auto
It's a generic message to tell you there's a fault somewhere. I got myself a obd2 code reader that I keep in car after I got this message on my 2.0cdti which was to tell me the egr valve was clogged with carbon and needed cleaning asap as it made car go into limp mode to protect engine.

Where are you based? You really need the code checked asap.

(9:th-Jan-2016, 21:22:12)Tonto Wrote: It's a generic message to tell you there's a fault somewhere. I got myself a obd2 code reader that I keep in car after I got this message on my 2.0cdti which was to tell me the egr valve was clogged with carbon and needed cleaning asap as it made car go into limp mode to protect engine.

Where are you based? You really need the code checked asap.

I'm based in South Wales.

The message as appeared just the once and not on a regular occurrence.
I'd still advise to get the codes checked just to be safe. The codes should be saved from when the service message popped up!

(9:th-Jan-2016, 21:30:06)Tonto Wrote: I'd still advise to get the codes checked just to be safe. The codes should be saved from when the service message popped up!

I'm in Winsford, Cheshire. Thanks for the suggestions!
Hi All,
I just had a message on my vehicle, Vauxhall Astra 1.7cdti elite, 5 door, A17DTR engine, 61Reg. It does not have the Start and Stop.

It shows "Service Vehicle Soon" it has the car symbol and spanner in the middle illuminated in yellow.

It disappears when i press the reset button, but it comes on ,when ever i start the car. it does not come when i am driving the car, as i have already reset the sign Service Vehicle Soon.

I had breakdown recovery and called them out, as it was just a local recovery guy and he said nothing to worry about, as you need to reset it from the ECU ,as it is a message to say you need your car servicing, as it is now 37,700. I told i had my car serviced when it was around 34,000 miles. But he insisted there is No fault he put his OBD reader and from his mobile screen , there was no faults reading all clear. He told me you will have to take it to the garage and reset the Ecu to tell the ECU the car has been serviced.

So this is the reason i posted this, as reading about the "Service Vehicle Soon" i was understanding there is a fault and from the recovery guy OBD reading it was showing NO FAULTS. I am bit confused

I would appreciated your guys advice.

I dont have problem with the car even though this signs lights up, as it is driving as normal.
Most likely he had a one fits all scanned most of which are useless.

There is a fault somewhere.

I’d like to know where he’s getting resetting the ECU from.

Where are you based?

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(25:th-Sep-2017, 13:10:44)caretaker Wrote: I had breakdown recovery and called them out, as it was just a local recovery guy and he said nothing to worry about, as you need to reset it from the ECU ,as it is a message to say you need your car servicing

He's talking out of his ass. The SVS message is indicating a fault. It's a misleading message and one that often gets confused with it being a service reminder light.

Chances are, being as your car is a diesel, it's a faulty glowplug, but best to get the fault codes read with the proper equipment.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service Vehicle soon and Op-com Arkanggel10 3 2,525 23:rd-Oct-2020, 16:09:22
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  'Service Vehicle Soon' on display Loddy Jeff 10 4,035 12:th-Oct-2020, 12:51:00
Last Post: Big Dave2
  ESP service message, erratic fuel range figures on trip computer mpotsb 2 2,451 7:th-Sep-2020, 12:04:29
Last Post: mpotsb
  "Stop Vehicle Immediately Engine Has Overheated" Advice appreciated please Dennis S 25 38,117 30:th-Aug-2020, 13:56:18
Last Post: Rgotts00
'service vehicle soon' Ssss 1 1,726 12:th-Aug-2020, 07:56:03
Last Post: Rusty2009
Service vehicle soon??? k1ckboxer 3 2,173 10:th-Aug-2020, 14:53:25
Last Post: Ssss
  service parking assist and tpms not working kevinmcken1404 3 2,645 18:th-May-2020, 10:09:32
  service vehicle soon stevedemp23 2 2,376 16:th-Jan-2020, 08:11:31
Service Bulletin syscleaner 2 2,296 1:st-Sep-2019, 18:26:13
Last Post: syscleaner
  Astra GTC service vehicle soon Beechy 9 9,767 25:th-Feb-2019, 15:53:15
Last Post: pat100