Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
s progress fiesta ford 6tdci the wife 1 thread

The wife's Ford Fiesta 1.6TDCI progress thread.
I know it's not a VX but I've started playing with the wife's Fiesta.

Only doing small things at the minute.

So here is how she looked when we got her.

The first thing I did was to install a HID kit into the projectors which gives much more light.

Then I did was install LED footwell lights (I also upgraded other bulbs to LED's No pics as yet)

I than fitted the Double din unit from the old car so the wife had her B/T and satnav and Music etc.

I then paid a visit to the scrap yard as we need a new seatbelt buckle (as the bonging was getting annoying)

While there I found the factory fitted USB, so grabbed that (along with the mic)

I set about adapting the USB so it would work with the Kenwood unit. The Mic is still a WIP.

I then wanted to try and make the ambient lighting brighter but due to the LED's used this seems impossible.

So added my own LED strip light which made the wife very happy.

I then changed the colour of the LEDs on the top display screen, the heater panel is next on the list.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Don't know if it's just me but the pictures aren't working mate

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(21:st-Nov-2015, 13:41:13)bhalay207 Wrote: Don't know if it's just me but the pictures aren't working mate

They working for me :-)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Looking good mate bets she's well happy
Looking good mate, knew it wouldn't be long before you started tinkering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(21:st-Nov-2015, 14:34:02)tucpal Wrote: Looking good mate bets she's well happy

Yes mate she loves it.

(21:st-Nov-2015, 14:58:42)Tonto Wrote: Looking good mate, knew it wouldn't be long before you started tinkering

That made the wife chuckle no doubt she'll be on later moaning about me tinkering as she told me I'm not allowed.

I forgot to list we also did a major service on it that hurt the pocket.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Haha oh dear! Service will definitely be worth t though! Want to get mine done before the really cold weather starts but stuck on how to get book stamped as I wanted to do it myself to save labour costs.

Just do what I did with my old veccy keep all receipts (staple them and put service date) sign the book yourself and when you sell it do it private and explain to the buyer you done it yourself and signed the book receipts are there as prof.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ah thanks never thought of that! Cheers mate

The Led conversion came out rather well,

Heater panel (Just need to look at the recirc button LED & also try and find a plain diffuser)

The wife quite like LED Panel being Purple tho :P

But I would like to find a plain diffuser

Head lamp switch (colour coded the Fog light buttons)

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
your getting good at that
Looking good mate

The wife wasn't happy with the silver fascia trim so guess who had to paint it all.

Before

After

She also wanted a more girly colour on the LED conversion So I found some pink LED's although they come out sodding purple (but look Pink in Pic's).

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Good work mate, looks great!

The wife's car passed her MOT with no advisories.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Nice one,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 37,044 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 165,176 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  The Wife's 1.7cdti Mokka Rusty2009 41 9,103 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:02:41
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 74,690 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,177 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 8,825 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 38,533 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 548,580 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,093 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,286 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun