Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
lowering springs eibach

Eibach Lowering Springs
Picked up a set of pro springs quite a while back for a billy bargain from eBay.

Not got round to fitting them yet but wondered if anyone else had and what their opinion was. I find the J has quite a bit of body roll (maybe I should slow down!) so wondered what difference this would make.

Cheers
all the reports i have heard have all been positive
J1ODYA has his car lowered on eibach 40mm sure he will give you a review.
As said I have them on my GTC and I notice the difference but to be fair that didn't have too much roll in the first place.

Cosmetically the car looks so much better.
Using Tapatalk
matt do you have the rear watt link fitted
as i don't really notice any body roll at all ?
Not a clue about the link - how would I find out? It's a 2011 2.0 CDTi s/s if that helps!

To be honest I'm comparing it to the wife's H and since it is a much heavier car I guess it's just that. I think I'll get it done anyway seeing as I didn't pay much for them.
you should have it
New Opel Astra J - Rear Watts link axle - YouTube

i had the Astra H as well the j handles much better round corners with the watt link
the H used to sort of crab around corners i always felt the rear end was stepping out
but the J just feels much more tighter
the eibach spring will make the J feel even better.
I have eibach on mine 40mm. They made my car look better also handles way better can take corners quick and don't feel like driving a bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
I've really thinking about lowering mine but think 40mm is too much been looking for 20-30mm
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty2009 Wrote:I've really thinking about lowering mine but think 40mm is too much been looking for 20-30mm

Guarantee if you lower less then you will always wish it was 40mm
Using Tapatalk
The Sri model is slightly lower than the lower models. So 40mm will Defo be too much. In my case mine looked like a 4x4 before I lowered it. It sits just right now.

Using Tapatalk
did you lower it on 17,18,19, alloys
and any pictures please
Lowered on 18"

Using Tapatalk
very nice it is on my to do list this year
but i want the dampers done as well say for bilsten or something like that
tucpal Wrote:very nice it is on my to do list this year
but i want the dampers done as well say for bilsten or something like that

found this mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
kevmarky Wrote:The Sri model is slightly lower than the lower models. So 40mm will Defo be too much. In my case mine looked like a 4x4 before I lowered it. It sits just right now.

The SRi comes with a slightly lower suspension unless you have the 1.4i.
Not sure how much lower or how it's done.
SRI is 10mm lower than the standard suspension
Off topic. But my local doves vauxhall was offering new cars at trade cost price today. Pity I'm only one year into mine.

Using Tapatalk
was that the man from the factory sale 1 day offer thing
i am about a year away from an upgrade maybe.
Ye this weekend only thing. If you are 2,5 years and above into your contract. It was a good deal.

Using Tapatalk
i was tempted but i am waiting to see what the new k looks like
or i will be upgrading to a VXR think i have 14 months to go
so happy to Waite
When the k coming out?

Using Tapatalk
production scheduled for jan 2015 should see the first cars around April June
i know more than most and will drop hints when i know more.
Sweet. Any leaked pics? In that case reckon I'll keep mine till then.

Using Tapatalk
nope not even i can get them but i will be one of the first to see it in the flesh
Nice. Googled it. N saw a few nice pics but I reckon just some1 playing with Photoshop.

Using Tapatalk
kevmarky Wrote:The Sri model is slightly lower than the lower models. So 40mm will Defo be too much. In my case mine looked like a 4x4 before I lowered it. It sits just right now.

Hmm, I've got the Sri and the pro kit (which I think lowers about 40mm) and a set of 19s so I reckon this is going to be far too low!

Luckily it free listing weekend on ebay!!
MattC3156 Wrote:Hmm, I've got the Sri and the pro kit (which I think lowers about 40mm) and a set of 19s so I reckon this is going to be far too low!

Luckily it free listing weekend on ebay!!

What engine you got mate, I might be interested in buying them if you sale them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've got the 2.0cdti.

I'll take a look at the springs when I get home and check the kit I've got but if it is the pro kit and the Sri is 10mm lower than standard then it's going to be too much. I'll look like a proper rude boy!!
the kit will lower standard cars up too 40mm
if you have sport SRI you wont get the full 40mm
you would get a bit less more like 30mm
I am also interested in this sort of thing for my 2.0 SRi, currently on 17s looking to go to 19s in a few months
You won't regret it they look so much better the 17,s are far to small

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowering springs identify front rear martinpe68 1 1,639 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:22:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Information Regarding Lowering My Astra J SAMW98SO 11 4,048 9:th-Sep-2020, 01:37:06
Last Post: M222RJF
  VXR lowering springs hooper 3 2,112 5:th-Apr-2020, 08:30:10
  SRI springs Rusty2009 12 7,348 9:th-Mar-2020, 11:09:10
Last Post: Gordo
  Astra J 1.6cdti ecoflex lowering Alan300589 3 2,294 18:th-Feb-2020, 19:27:25
  Lowering and wheel spacers twinpipes 1 2,478 28:th-Jul-2019, 08:43:33
  Astra J lowering hooper 1 2,529 1:st-Jun-2019, 09:20:04
  Lowering on 19s Gavster_VX 1 2,703 13:th-Jun-2018, 10:42:07
  Lowering & widening advice please. ronnierae 8 6,235 17:th-May-2017, 22:35:56
Last Post: Jon_es
  Flex ride shock absorbers and springs ? Raf7007 6 6,277 15:th-Mar-2017, 08:37:48
Last Post: vocky