Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
speedo display

Speedo display
This has probably been asked over and over. If so I apologise.

What do I need to do to get the display from this:

To this:

Is it a case of buying this and having it reprogrammed?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...40&alt=web

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
how to remove cluster

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...luster-IPC

yes sheppy did it he swapped it over and had it programed
and the display was changed for the one you want
you need to get the correct speedo for you engine type with the newer display
there is a thread somewhere on here that sheppy did
i thought i put it in the how to section or this section but i can not find it
sure if you pm sheepy he can tell you where it was programmed
but rusty may be able to help you out
I'm not sure if that's 100% correct.

They are both the newer version but I think it depends more on what features your car has.

As in if you have an eco button you will have the display.

The retrofit that was done was from the older smaller display to the larger one.

@Rusty2009 will no doubt be able to tell you.
In which case I should be ok because i have the eco button

iirc eco will come on with a car that has eco.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hopefully @Sheppy1 can shed some light

Hi All

As @wheelanuk stated I went from there tiny single line display (neither of the ones in the original post) to the first one in the original post.

What I did was find one from another J which had the same engine type and size but which was from a higher spec car. I then swapped the clusters over and all worked fine except the mileage. I then had to get ***** (google him) to edit the hex code of the cluster and insert my VIN into it. He tried resetting them and pairing them the official way but it didn't work for some reason (I think @rusty2009 got this working the official way though).

I have no idea if the three line display you're after is a completely different display or of it's the same as the display you have but needs activating somehow...Be VERY good to know if it can be activated but sure rusty said it couldn't be

Sorry if my initial reply above doesn't help a great deal. I will follow the thread though and see if there is anything I can help with

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

That helps mate... At least I know it should work other than the mileage. @rusty2009 did you do anything different to what ***** would do? Only reason I ask is he's by far closer to me than Bournemouth.

The trick is to make sure it's been devoiced from the old car. If it hasn't only ***** has the software to swap vins etc over.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Excellent. I think this is next. The latest display is my far driver friendly without flicking etc.

Yeah as rusty said, find a divorced cluster if you can. I found that really hard to find though! And the ones I did find were about 5 times the price of the non divorced ones.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I actually wanted the three line one but with the weeks of messing around I did to upgrade from the terrible matrix display one I had I was just pleased to have an upgrade that worked! Ha

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hopefully divorced units won't be an issue seeing as I live close to *****.... Well closeish anyway. I much prefer the three line one. Ideally I'd want to sell my single line one but not sure whether anybody is willing to buy for the upgrade

Yeah you're gonna have issues selling it... I got mine for £30 (they were all selling for about this, some cheaper) and that was with free postage and there guy gave me a £20 refund too lol.

But yeah, you shouldn't have any issues with a non divorced one if ***** can sort it worst comes to worst you waste £30 or so... not the end of the world. How you gonna find one that has there three line display though and differentiate it from the normal one?

I've already found one on ebay. It matches my current one including auto stop etc. I'm waiting for the guy to send me the part number.... A cheeky email to @rusty2009 to confirm correct part will then be sent lol.

@rusty2009 I'm having difficulties with the seller of the speedo. He has 10 speedos and I don't think he knows which one to supply, dispite picturing the right one in his advert. Is there any chance you could get a part number for the three line display for a 2.0cdti with autostop?

They're giving me part number 13442458

13433800 AFLX
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers mate

Awww nice :-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The seller has come back saying the part number is different but it has three line display. The number I mentioned above, will that be suitable for mine or not?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insignia odometer is locked mileage no display Robsterw1980 1 1,763 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:14:20
Last Post: Rusty2009
  IPC Upper Display Speedo Upgrade BL25 1 2,697 6:th-Sep-2019, 12:48:30
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Navi radio and larger instrument display changing gazz292 54 33,701 28:th-Apr-2018, 10:47:52
Last Post: gazz292
  Icebox users.. what does the display look like behind the trim panel? gazz292 2 5,077 16:th-Apr-2018, 12:29:56
Last Post: gazz292
  Colour Display in CD400 sheppy1 14 11,045 22:nd-Jun-2016, 22:42:56
Last Post: stigeye
  Display question? Retrofit! Alienbv 6 6,872 14:th-Jul-2015, 10:54:43
Last Post: bhalay207

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 18:34:28), ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 21:14:19)