Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
j 7 astra chirping engine and 1 pressure

Astra J 1.7 engine chirping and pressure
Astra J 1.7CDTi exclusiv 2010

So I have been letting my issue develop and I still don't hav a clue what the causes are.

No:1, chirping/squeal from engine, does it on idle and now does it when Reving the engine, I'm pretty sure it's not the aux belt because this sounds more at the back of the engine. Once cured by replacing fuel filter but hasn't worked this time.

No:2, engine breathing really hard for no reason what's so ever, has anyone had this problem before? Other minor things that could be affected by it, engine mpg is very low, doesn't idle very well and sometimes starts hunting, the excessive pressure puts oil into my intake and perishes my turbo seals as to case a minor oil leaks/oil leaks out of intake/turbo pipes

If anyone could advise then that would be awesome, not had much luck since I've had this car from nearly new.

https://youtu.be/tt_IK7DDDwM
https://youtu.be/_GrogSQGj44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First vid is the turkey noise which happens to 99.9% of 1.7cdti. Mine went back under warranty and they replaced fuel filter and fuel feed pipe. That was over a year ago and it's come back now. Apparently it's harmless but it's really annoying.

Using Tapatalk
I replaced my fuel filter not that long ago. But it came back really quickly. But I can't keep changing then every month. I didn't know If there was another underlying problem. I've not changed the fuel pipes yet. But surly that wouldn't make a difference.

Not sure but the worksheet notes I had off one of the guys on here vx advise to replace filter and pipes. It's on one of my old threads I'll get the link

It's says replace filter only for the j but vx said they replace the pipes too

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=317

Using Tapatalk
Thank you. I'll be looking into this, is it restriction to the fuel or air ingress that causes it?,
Any idea on the crazy pressure from the top end of the engine?? I get loads of oil in my intake because of it..?

Cheers

Apparently it's air getting into the fuel line from somewhere but only affects the 1.7.
Can't help with the other sorry mate

Using Tapatalk
Fuel pipe and filter then from what I been reading, I wounded if anyone has done a mod for the Astra j to have a reservoir nr the engine, cheers for your help, just need to find out where all this pressure is coming from now

agreed the fix is filter and pipe
hunting revs could be the EGR valve in need of a good clean
is the car still under warranty as they will fix the tukey noise problem if so
Not its not under warranty. I had this argument with them a million times. Pipes n hoses are not covered by warranty. Then won't do f-all,
This is what my intake pipes looks like, because of all the pressure from the engine blowing oil through the breather into the intake pipes and then the egr just adds soot and it turns it all into gunk.

there was a problem with one of the turbo oil or breather pipes
but you would need to get them to tell you what one it was
but sure this only affected earlier models
This is an early model Astra I think. Does anyone have any information on how to check them?

see if rusty can find anything on workshop manuals
I'm getting about 35mpg on a very good run. Something isn't right just can't work it out.
So far this is what I've done
•cleaned egr
•cleaned boost sensor
•cleaned all exhaust sensors etc on exhaust
•cleaned air mass
•checked turbo out
•replaced fuel filter not pipes tho
•put redex in fuel system
•oil changed/serviced
•renewed glow plugs
•drained fuel and renewed with fresh

@tucpal not seen anything about this pipe issue I've not got time today to look but will try and look over the weekend.

@Jasoncourt Redex is rubbish you want some good stuff protec is great and is only meant to be used by the motor trade.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROTEC-DPF-Sup...2a3b5eb848

Also this maybe of help
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DPF-Common-Rai...1c58560a2c

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PROTEC-Diesel-...27eb8ec0d4
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.7 cdti engine judder in 5th and 6th ScottN2211 0 822 21:st-Oct-2023, 16:27:48
Last Post: ScottN2211
  High pitched noise (Astra OPC J) maximame 0 4,302 24:th-Mar-2021, 08:34:13
Last Post: maximame
  Gear Knob issue (Automatic 2014 Astra GTC) DC23 1 5,122 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:08:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J. Can a tyre valve be replaced without replacing the TPMS? benawhile 2 3,614 5:th-Aug-2020, 12:33:14
Last Post: benawhile
  Astra GTC auto gear knob replacement Jayrich872001 12 18,946 22:nd-Jul-2020, 12:21:46
Last Post: DC23
  Astra J SRI 13 Plate - Radiator Fan Gavin1506 2 3,517 11:th-Jul-2020, 22:08:04
Last Post: Gavin1506
  Astra J 1.6 CDTi increased fuel consumption _Mita 2 5,256 1:st-Mar-2020, 22:27:38
Last Post: _Mita
  Astra ST 1,6 CDTi, error code P0181 claymansvk 1 2,680 20:th-Feb-2020, 19:32:31
  shock absorber noises astra j blacknik 1 4,617 10:th-Feb-2020, 08:34:15
  Noise when clutch 1/4 depressed 2013 Astra J Galway11 0 7,775 27:th-Jun-2019, 22:40:04
Last Post: Galway11

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (21:st-Jun-2023, 19:08:27), ScottN2211 (21:st-Oct-2023, 15:34:19)