Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to a system the shock well thats

Well Thats A Shock To The System
So today I took the car in for a full service and all is well that side. I ask them to have a look around aswell for me (ghosts in the machine) and they have come back to me saying that my front pads are going low and will need doing which is not an issue. Then they have come across a crack coil spring on the rear. What the hell has that happened?
Hit a pothole too hard?

Haven't you fitted lowering springs?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Lowering springs are fitted. To be honest I cannot remember hitting a pothole, but I have speed bumps in my street would constant up and down do anything to the spring or is it the case that I have a dodgy batch that were made. Defo coilovers now.
Almost all Vauxhalls have spring snapping issues. Very well known issue - Vectra C's are especially bad for springs snapping.
Very common as said rears are naff
I've never had a problem with the VX springs then again I don't use a hump as a launch pad.

But the OP doesn't have VX springs so that's not the issue. What make are springs Si?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Eibach springs I have on it. Have had another delivered and sent the broken one back. so all back to normal now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retrofitting stop/start system momoomar 3 2,353 23:rd-Apr-2020, 13:44:22
Last Post: marcus01
  Service Theft Deterrent System mw2299 9 48,257 10:th-Dec-2018, 10:43:59
Last Post: Collster
  SCR System retrofit MrLocke 3 2,996 8:th-Aug-2018, 07:31:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  android 6.0 astra J system aliexpress Hollandastra 13 8,102 19:th-Jan-2018, 14:48:34
Last Post: marcus01
  Flex ride shock absorbers and springs ? Raf7007 6 6,310 15:th-Mar-2017, 08:37:48
Last Post: vocky
  Fuel System Cleaner. . Simon Templar 2 3,601 9:th-Mar-2016, 20:25:03
Last Post: Simon Templar