Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to j cover seat heated fix astra replace and how

HOW TO FIX HEATED SEAT AND REPLACE SEAT COVER ASTRA J
Has the connector been incorrectly wired as I noted your seats were a modification?
Not sure mate! Andy from vx mods did it so he does generally know his stuff and he does this for a living... He told me at the time that I may have this issue as he was aware that others on here including @tucpal had the problem

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Ordered the connector

Also turns out I have the same error as others!

Hoping it's just the connector

I've got the same issue at the moment with my Astra J VXR, but not taken it to a dealer yet. The garage I bought the car from automatically want to charge for a heater pad replacement at £270, and following this great tutorial has helped me work out the process of elimination. The VXR control module and setup could be different, but the idea is still the same I'm sure.

The control module is £75 +VAT for the part, so that's as much as I will pay for mine via a garage... next step will be a day of stripping the seat down and replacing the heater pad if it doesn't solve it.

@sheppy1 - did this sort yours out?
So does anyone fancy doing this for me.. Based in Rochford, Essex  
Grande Punto Black ('06) - 2008  
Grande Punto M-Jet Orange ('06) - 2009  
Grande Punto Abarth White ('58) - 2010  
Vauxhall Astra VXR Red ('08) - 2011  
Volvo T5 Grey ('09) - 2013
Land Rover Discovery 3 HSE Black ('06) - 2014 
Land Rover Discovery 3 HSE Black ('59) - 2014 
Vauxhall Astra GTC White ('13) - 2016

I replaced the connector and it made no difference. Gonna need the pads doing but I cba

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

(13:th-Aug-2016, 15:43:16)sheppy1 Wrote: I replaced the connector and it made no difference. Gonna need the pads doing but I cba

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I've just changed the connector and it made no difference, going to try the mat next but looks a big job.
worth it though the connector will prevent it happening again the mat will fix the problem you have at the moment
(9:th-Jan-2017, 19:49:24)tucpal Wrote: worth it though the connector will prevent it happening again the mat will fix the problem you have at the moment

Thanks, just changed the mat today, took me about 4-5 hours.

The heated seat work fine now and I'm well chuffed, a big thanks to you for the guide as it would not have been possible for me otherwise.
Your welcome glad you got it sorted out
Great how to, sure it's helped loads of people

I just wondered both my front seats switch off after less than a min and don't seem to get warm even! The drivers seat pad got replaced under warranty a few years ago but at that time passenger seat was fine.

So the question is what's the chances of me getting away with just replacing the plug? can't be arsed changing pads! We might bet rid of the car this year.

Cheers Ronnie
Probably both seats mate as I have the same issue and I replaced the plug but both seats are still doing the same so will need to do the pads on both seats now. But you would be best doing the plug and take it from there, if it fixes it then brilliant or you could be unlucky like myself lol and the plugs a cheap fix if it does work plus it will need done anyway since it is the root cause.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Thanks Ian, I may give it a try with the drivers seat as that pad was replaced by the dealers.

That new plug do you cut the wires from the old one and join wires already attached to the new one?

Cheers Ronnie
Yeah and put the pins in the plug also.

(16:th-Jan-2018, 23:05:21)Iaintruten Wrote: Probably both seats mate as I have the same issue and I replaced the plug but both seats are still doing the same so will need to do the pads on both seats now. But you would be best doing the plug and take it from there, if it fixes it then brilliant or you could be unlucky like myself lol and the plugs a cheap fix if it does work plus it will need done anyway since it is the root cause.

(17:th-Jan-2018, 09:41:34)Iaintruten Wrote: Yeah and put the pins in the plug also.

Cool thanks will probably order one and see how it goes. How did you get yours to 219bhp?
Dpf delete, swirl flap delete, egr delete and new airbox with cold air feed and also mapped to suit.

(17:th-Jan-2018, 10:54:13)Iaintruten Wrote: Dpf delete, swirl flap delete, egr delete and new airbox with cold air feed and also mapped to suit.

Cool, that's a fair chunk of bhp! mine still standard 165 and has plenty beef, when I looked at mapping it could not be done on these at that time
Hi! I have this problem with my Insignia, does anyone know if the parts and seats are the same? The connector and module look the same after inspecting mine? Any help greatly appreciated as I hate a cold bum at 4am on my way to work!!!
where can i get the heated seat pad from as i dont want to spend over £100 from the dealer
(5:th-Mar-2018, 18:29:52)cfuller32 Wrote: where can i get the heated seat pad from as i dont want to spend over £100 from the dealer

Try Autovaux, Genuine part search, ebay etc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Both heated seats on my car are faulty, the light on the dash does off after a minute or so and the seat doesn't feel like it's warming up at all. There are fault codes B2425 Driver seat cushion heater circuit high resistance and B2430 Passenger seat cushion heater circuit high resistance. What are the chances that just replacing the connector would fix this, and is there one connector per seat?

I've had a quote from a trimmer of £120+vat to replace the heat pads, which seems a bit cheap looking at what's involved, but it would be good if it was just the connector needed!
A trimmer is used to pulling seats apart its what they do daily and they would have it out apart and back together while most of us are still reading the how-to, But guessing that price is you supplying the parts needed.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hello!

My Astra does not have heated seats. Except from baying buttons etc, if I follow this guide and install, will they work or will I have do something extra?

Thanks!
(12:th-Aug-2019, 21:33:16)tolias63 Wrote: Hello!

My Astra does not have heated seats. Except from baying buttons etc, if I follow this guide and install, will they work or will I have do something extra?

Thanks!

This thread is about fixing the heater pad so following this thread won't help you you need to follow this how-to
 https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-HOW...er-support
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
hi all im having this problem in my partners car.
Is the seat control module located under the seat?
If I remember correctly it's under the drivers

sear
(22:nd-Oct-2019, 21:38:13)Simon232 Wrote: hi all im having this problem in my partners car.
Is the seat control module located under the seat?
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Are the control modules still available to buy, if so where from?
(12:th-Nov-2019, 11:16:46)alex80beck Wrote: Are the control modules still available to buy, if so where from?

Which control module are you referring too?

Great places for parts are as follows.

Dealer ships
Genuinepartsearch
Autovaux
Ebay
Google search can throw up some good finds too.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi SRi no phone settings, why!? Ashleigh96x 6 13,198 31:st-Mar-2021, 09:49:11
Last Post: HB Car
  HOW TO FIT A PEDAL BOX, ASTRA J. tucpal 24 25,204 30:th-Jul-2019, 17:01:36
Last Post: param84
  Swap astra J dash display chrisscruton 6 6,263 25:th-Mar-2019, 10:16:12
Last Post: chrisscruton
help with interior A trim removal passenger pillar astra j stestrange82 3 6,372 20:th-Feb-2019, 13:45:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Replace cigarette Lighter/Power outlet dawks 2 4,558 25:th-Jul-2017, 20:00:40
Last Post: dawks
  How to, Door Lock Catch Covers. Astra J. tucpal 10 10,453 28:th-Jun-2017, 12:58:56
Last Post: Steveb19111978
Astra vs. GTC Interior question neilll 2 4,422 20:th-Apr-2017, 21:11:00
Last Post: neilll
  Howto remove glove box & Replace Pollen Cabin filter tucpal 43 44,931 18:th-Apr-2017, 05:33:21
Last Post: iphoneservice
  How to stop Interior Trim Rattles from Passenger side area Astra J. tucpal 9 19,059 3:rd-May-2015, 17:42:49
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
5 User(s) read this thread:
leeso (28:th-Jun-2023, 07:18:05), Farkask14 (25:th-Apr-2023, 10:06:16), Apotetyk (22:nd-May-2023, 11:32:04), M.Duman (28:th-May-2023, 00:15:11), wampiros6 (28:th-Jan-2024, 05:28:38)