Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to sensors fit reverse aftermarket how

How To: Fit aftermarket Reverse Sensors
(24:th-Jan-2017, 15:42:28)mart Wrote: It's ok now the error message has gone now, must of been a loose bulb or something.

Got my sensors this week and sprayed them up with silver lake metallic spray paint (see below). Will fit them this weekend it weather is ok.

Has anyone else sprayed there sensors with metallic paint?
Is it ok to use metallic paint, I forgot to check before I sprayed them?

Also should I spray with lacquer after?

i did on my vectra, worked a treat, i also lacquered them
All done now just got to stick the speaker in a good place, Anyone think of any ?And tidy up the cables a bit.

It was a bit tricky getting the bumper off. Trying to get the two clips off in the middle and the two clips under were the tail light was the trickiest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(27:th-Jan-2017, 15:19:56)mart Wrote: Tapped into the reverse light power today going to do the bumper tomorrow.

This is the wire i used behind the light in the boot compartment, so u don't have to run wires direct from the reverse light boot lid.

hi so the bit you tapped power from is where i have marked the red arrow?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's it yes. The bunch of wires that come from the tail lights come down the rear pillar and are tapped into the were you highlighted. Just need to find the green wire with a white stripe.

(5:th-Feb-2017, 21:20:59)mart Wrote: That's it yes. The bunch of wires that come from the tail lights come down the rear pillar and are tapped into the were you highlighted. Just need to find the green wire with a white stripe.

Thanks i'll look into that this week,  i really didnt want to try and feed a wire down the boot lid so good job.
Which sensors did you go with?

Got these ones from eBay and sprayed them with the correct colour for my car.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361202311444

Did you laquer them?

Yea, 2 light coats of the paint then 1 light coat of the lacquer.

(5:th-Feb-2017, 21:20:59)mart Wrote: That's it yes. The bunch of wires that come from the tail lights come down the rear pillar and are tapped into the were you highlighted. Just need to find the green wire with a white stripe.

I Had a look today unwrapped the factory tape and i saw 2 green wires, the thickest one is the one you need if anyone needs to know , it is green / white stripe and i stuck a tester in and confirmed there is a 12v reverse feed in there.  Just got to wire it up next week.
(5:th-Feb-2017, 23:03:58)mart Wrote: Yea, 2 light coats of the paint then 1 light coat of the lacquer.

Where did you get the paint from mate?

Direct from the dealer. It was about £15, and came with one spray can of metallic paint and one spray can of lacquer.

Special order?

Sort of, I just called my local dealer and they told me I could pick it up and pay the next day.

You bought your sensors yet. Post some pics when you fitted them.

Not yet, waiting for the weather to get warmer, I did it on my old J

Got mine on today, was easier than i thought.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(4:th-Jun-2015, 16:01:59)Jj0063 Wrote: Bugger it I've ordered the bottom link & will post how it goes lol.

How did you get on with the electromagnetic sensor, is it any good? Wouldn't mind trying one if they work well.
hi to all,

Great how to. Thank you very much. I want to install Valeo beep & park kit 1 parking sensors guided by this how to. Seller told me I need to pay attention when washing the car. Sometimes, after washing the car they are giving false alarm. Anyone has experience with this kind of sensors? How they are during rainy days?

Cheers
(27:th-Jan-2018, 19:20:26)Brnjas Wrote: hi to all,

Great how to. Thank you very much. I want to install Valeo beep & park kit 1 parking sensors guided by this how to. Seller told me I need to pay attention when washing the car. Sometimes, after washing the car they are giving false alarm. Anyone has experience with this kind of sensors? How they are during rainy days?

Cheers

no  the sensors are waterproof, ive never had a false positive with mine.
(21:st-Mar-2018, 21:26:59)Doughy Wrote:
(27:th-Jan-2018, 19:20:26)Brnjas Wrote: hi to all,

Cheers

no  the sensors are waterproof, ive never had a false positive with mine.
Thanks mate,
already installed new Valeo kit 1 aft. For now on this freezing cold no issues. Not yet washed car. 'Cause too much mud on road.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk
not sure if it's already been mentioned but the green and white wire needed to splice into is in the wiring loom just behind the fuse box on the left hand side of the car and is much easier to access than threading through everything to get to the reverse light in the rear door and using the bolt that attached the fuse box to the body is a good grounding source. I used scotch locks for my live to reverse wire and did the job in under 10 minutes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Install a Reverse Camera in an Astra J with Navi 900 Summit 22 34,917 22:nd-Feb-2021, 07:59:27
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Multimedia interface, reverse camera, navi 600, insignia, astra j. tucpal 5 20,032 10:th-May-2018, 16:03:16
Last Post: vocky

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
madgerald1974 (9:th-Sep-2023, 18:01:10), dixy (18:th-Apr-2023, 05:40:54), greg848484 (23:rd-Jun-2023, 19:40:54)