Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to door boot how panel

How To: Boot Door Panel
Hey All

This is just a quick how to for removing the black trim which is inside the boot door (the bit which has the grab handles for closing the boot from the inside). 

So to begin with there are 2 x 7MM bolts which hold the lid firmly in place to the frame of the boot itself, you want to remove these first. There are located within the internal grab handles (one on each side).

Photo is of the hole where one of the bolts was removed from (will get a better photo soon). There is another on the other side too.

Once these are out you will simply need to use a prising tool to prise the black panel away from the boot frame. You just want to work your way all around the outside trim like so:

There wasn't really much to photo then but here is a picture after the plastic trim has been removed:

Each of the blue clips is one that holds the trim to the boot frame itself, you will need to work your way around the trim with the trim removal tool ensuring each of these is unclipped.

After that the trim will pull straight off . It's pretty similar to the door card removal but it's miles easier! Also to get it back on you simply have to line up the blue clips to the corresponding holes in the boot frame and push! 

This is my first ever tutorial so hoping it isn't part of another on here (couldn't see that from my searches).

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Nice job but you forgot to take a picture from the interior of the door.
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
Thanks mate! And didn't think anyone needed to see it really

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Ok, stripping car boot in order to find water leak.

I removed tailgate trim and foam tape around rear lights wiring was wet.

Then removed boot carpet and rear lower trim. It was also partially wet

Now I want to remove right side wall carpet thing. I guess I have to remove the black plastic trim on top but I cant remove it. How on earth can I remove it?
just pull the black shelf trim towards the otherside of the car, just a couple of clips hold it in place - once the coat hangers have been removed (which are already removed in the above photo)
How do I remove interior boot panels got a leak!
(21:st-Aug-2020, 13:09:20)rossjames Wrote: How do I remove interior boot panels got a leak!

If your referring to side trim look at this

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...MK6-5-Door
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Info panel help please StevieG 1 3,221 6:th-Aug-2019, 07:31:25
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How to remove door cards Rusty2009 112 82,795 9:th-Aug-2018, 09:57:13
Last Post: DNT
  Boot lock solenoid. Spud7997 0 3,166 3:rd-Feb-2018, 22:22:18
Last Post: Spud7997
  Upgrade to alloy door pins tucpal 7 17,639 5:th-Sep-2017, 12:24:44
Last Post: Padster
  How to, Door Lock Catch Covers. Astra J. tucpal 10 12,309 28:th-Jun-2017, 12:58:56
Last Post: Steveb19111978
  How-to Remove Door Trim Rusty2009 1 10,172 15:th-Mar-2015, 13:31:07
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
ozkanuman (18:th-Feb-2024, 20:33:06)