Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
interior change

Interior change
Hey guys

Just had a change in the interior so thought I would share.

When I first got my GTC I always said to myself that I wanted the red interior lighting to be blue but at the time didn't know it could be something that could be done until I saw Baz,s VXR and I litreally fell in love with it straight away and put it on the to do list.

I want to give a big thanks to rusty for some of the parts and a special big thank you to Baz for making the whole interior happen full stop as it wouldn't of happened if it wasn't for him

Thanks guys

There's some pics below and if anybody's interested contact cornishtaz.

I also picked up some vxr wheels today which will be geting refurbished and having the grey bit sprayed gloss black let me know people's thoughts and ideas on the gloss black with the Dimond cut.

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wow!!! I LOVE the blue!!! Do you mind me asking how much it cost to have all that done? I'd be looking at doing the same at some point...

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Looking good mate.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
What does the centre display look like?

Been debating between a full blue or white conversion
Blue is so much better! Always remember as a kid I had a Casio watch with a blue backlight and thought I was the dogs because it was different from the normal dingy orange or green. Ha.

Black gloss would be nice. If my car hadn't of been black I'd of had mine done

@sheppy1 no problem it was £160 for one colour but as he done such a great job I gave £170.

I think it would go well with the colour of your car

@Rusty2009 cheers buddy

@WhelanUK yeah the centre looks all good need to take some more pics Tommorow as i forgot that pic.

I'm not sure about all white but saying that I've not seen it but either way it's a winner

@dutton84 I remember them well lol always loved anything blue like that as a kid lol

Not bad that if it's as lengthy a job as I'm thinking it was! Changing all those little smd leds...and don't tell me that! Haha, will end up on this list of mine which is growing longer by the day :P. You're doing a great job with your cat anyway

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Yeah seems like a lot of work from what I could see and I didn't even see all of the process it's defiantly good value for money
as most people cant do it.

My list grows and changes literally over night lol and thanks mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
@DE5IRED any shots of the centre screen yet?
looking good mate love it
@whelanuk sorry mate been mad busy today and not even got in the car I'll deffo get one on tomorrow

@tupcal cheers fella

@whelanuk here you go mate sorry for the delay

Looks real good mate much better then standard. So confused what to go for.

@Rusty2009 did you have any photos from when you tried white?
Cheers mate

I've not seen white before but can imagine it being abit to bright as the blue can be a tad. But it deffinatly would be different to the norm and would go good with your car being white

Yeah that's my thinking but the blue does look good. Love the needles colour.
Either way anything beats the usual red.

Cheers that's my best bit the needles as silly as it sounds

much better than red that's for sure
i love my blue speedo display as it matches the NAV 500 blue display
I'm impressed. I like my red lighting however, having come from Ford green....!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
My farther in-laws Ford has blue.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2.0 CDTi Auto Gearbox Oil Change Dennis S 0 1,502 13:th-Aug-2021, 14:29:25
Last Post: Dennis S
  How to change Astra j fuel flap mechanism? Amazingusername 2 2,525 11:th-Oct-2019, 12:56:58
Last Post: Amazingusername
  Now unable to change tracks over usb? GHOSTFAULT 0 1,857 2:nd-Oct-2019, 12:35:06
Last Post: GHOSTFAULT
  GTC 1.4 T timing chain change? dazzzdelux 2 4,140 23:rd-Feb-2019, 23:55:23
Last Post: dazzzdelux
  Change of heart Mspencer 3 2,972 20:th-Oct-2018, 18:26:57
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Change oil soon - can I ignore it for about 1k miles? umognog 4 3,623 12:th-Oct-2018, 07:46:38
Last Post: umognog
  Speedometer change Jonika21 7 4,313 20:th-May-2018, 14:51:35
Last Post: Jonika21
  No wiring for the interior boot light marcus01 5 5,460 20:th-Dec-2017, 16:48:23
Last Post: rlievens
  change handbrake Dale90 1 2,938 2:nd-Aug-2017, 08:20:19
  Washer jet upgrade / change? rbull51 1 4,556 27:th-Jul-2016, 22:58:36