Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
s window problem model 2012 j demister help astra button rear

Help-2012 Astra J S model rear window demister button problem
I have a 2012 astra and the light does not come on on the rear window demister button. I only baught the car 2nd hand.
Its the button with the white box and the wavy lines through it.
Can anyone point me in the direction of the possible problem
welcome have you checked the fuse for rear demist
I TAUGHT AN ERROR MESSAGE MIGHT COME UP IF IT WAS A FUSE.
SO YOU THINK IF I JUST CHANGE IT, IT MIGHT WORK?
WOULD I BE ABLE TO TELL IF THE CURRENT FUSE IS GONE BY LOOKING AT IT?
Hi and ,

I would check the fuse 1st in case it is that have you checked through the fuse thread?
http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Fuses

If it's not listed let me know and I'll look it up tomorrow for you.

You can tell if the fuse is blown by looking at it side on.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I looked the fuse (engine compartment) in circuit number 6 and did not look blown.
There is no fuse in circuit number 9 at all. I assume this is correct for an s model petrol.
any other ideas? As weather not cold I can't really test if demister working or not.

Does the engine have to be running a long time for the rear window demister to work?
Having a look on TIS and I would also check fuse 17 in the Instrument Panel Fuses.

Here's a Schematic for the above.

Also fuse 18 in the engine compartment there is also a relay K04.

Here's the Demister Schematics for the above.

The Demister should work once the engine is started.

Also not all cars will have all the fuses relays etc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I had a look at circuit 17 in the instrument panel. The fuse looks OK.

CIRCUIT 18 IN THE ENGINE COMPRMNT HAS A SQUARE FUSE THING(NOT SURE HOW TO TELL IF THIS IS OK OR BLOWN,ANY SUGGESTION? IS THAT "SQUARE THING" JUST A DIFFERENT TYPE OF FUSE?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THE RELAY?

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT BTW
Yes it's a fuse mate I'll have a look after tea and see if I can give you any tips on checking them ones.

That relay will control fuse 6, 9 & 18 so if the relay is at fault them 3 circuits wouldn't work.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sorry I didn't get back yesterday.

the big fuse you should be able to tell by holding it up-to the light, if not you can pop the the cover off to look inside.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Switched fuse18 & 19 in engine compartment to test if it was the fuse.light would still not come on demister switch. As I said fuse 6 looks OK.
As all other instruments are working in don't think it's the relay.
Any further suggestions??
Any other way to test the window demister?is it possible that the light in the demister button is not lighting?
It could be a blown LED. You could also put a multi meter on the connector on the rear window (1 each side) and get someone to turn it on and see if you get a reading, or a test lamp if you don't have multi meter.

I'll see if there is anything on TIS tomorrow for checking the system.

Is the car still under warranty? If so get it booked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
What is a lamptest?
I still haven't been able to solve this problem.
A test lamp is just a 12v light bulb with a positive and negative wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

I HAD TO USE THE REAR DEMISTER DURING THE WEEK AND IT LOOKED LIKE IT WORKED. The condensation cleared from the lines.
It looks like the lights for both back and front(not the 3 buttons in the middle) demisters are not lighting up.when I push the front one all the air gets sent to the front. I have taken pics to show but wasn't able to upload. Rusty do you have an email add I could send pics to?
(2:nd-May-2015, 13:21:30)irishastraowner Wrote: I HAD TO USE THE REAR DEMISTER DURING THE WEEK AND IT LOOKED LIKE IT WORKED. The condensation cleared from the lines.
It looks like the lights for both back and front(not the 3 buttons in the middle) demisters are not lighting up.when I push the front one all the air gets sent to the front. I have taken pics to show but wasn't able to upload. Rusty do you have an email add I could send pics to?
Hey I was wondering if you any luck with finding out what happened with this?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,526 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Lowering springs identify front rear martinpe68 1 1,660 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:22:37
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,039 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,541 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,791 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,878 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,011 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,138 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,458 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,798 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970