Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to light boot how extra

How-to Extra boot light
(9:th-Jun-2016, 20:56:51)sheppy1 Wrote: Any reason you wouldn't just wanna use the Reg plate bulb strips that I've used @mrtc?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Not really. Just ive acrapped the old c5 estate and stripped it of goodies. 2 x12v outlets. Boot lights. Stereo and Spare wheel for ebay

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Hi

Finally got around to upgrading to two LED (number plate) lamps in my boot.  Nothing difficult about it.  For reference, the green wire is positive, and the black is (guess what) negative.  These are the units I used: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231541952627 with free next day delivery.  The resistors go in the "useful bits'n'bobs drawer".

No more fumbling around in the boot.  I am sure they can see the contents from the International Space Station now

Jonathan.
Hahahaha yep! Super bright aren't they! Mine light up the whole Street... They're brill lol. Glad you upgraded anyway and found it easy too worthwhile upgrade that's for sure!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Was giving my car boot a long overdue clean today and noticed that I have a light fitting mounted on the left hand side. Never seen it some on so popped the light fitting out and noticed that it has a bulb but there are no wires attached to the unit? Is this normal for the 2.0cdti Sri vx line?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Not that I've been aware of, you can add wires to it though by splicing into the other boot light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18:th-Feb-2017, 16:58:33)marcus01 Wrote: Was giving my car boot a long overdue clean today and noticed that I have a light fitting mounted on the left hand side. Never seen it some on so popped the light fitting out and noticed that it has a bulb but there are no wires attached to the unit? Is this normal for the 2.0cdti Sri vx line?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Probably disconnected by a dealer who likes to display his cars on the lot with the hatch open, not realising the boot light automatically switches off after approx. 5 mins to save the battery from going flat.

The wires for it have probably fallen down behind the trim somewhere.
looking at adding lights to the footwell's of my J think ill do this at the same time, where did you pick up the additional boot light?
Grrrr I blew the boot light fuse, anyone know which one it is, before I go through testing the whole lot. I've tried looking through manual but cant see it.
I'll have a look in abit for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Check fuse 9 30A in glove-box.

Just remember it runs through the BCM so if the fuse hasn't blown it could just be you freaked the the BCM out.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Fuses
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks mate, was pulling the awkward lil bulbs out to fit the led and the terminal bent over and shorted. Cant see the fuse anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Got a boot light bulb assembly from lookers today when they were looking at the car for 3.06

Got mine sorted, went back to it next day and worked fine, are they on the canbus?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
If you touch the metal part the light goes out for 30mins - 1hour and will come back on. Happened when I done mine.

Noob question; I presume I need to disconnect the battery before working on the boot light?

I don't myself Just do one wire at a time to save any chance of causing a short.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Bright Boot Lights sheppy1 26 19,955 12:th-Nov-2020, 17:54:59
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  how too AMBIENT LIGHT AROUND THE GEAR GATOR tucpal 165 94,087 15:th-Oct-2020, 06:59:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How-to led reverse light tucpal 23 25,124 18:th-Feb-2020, 08:26:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  security light tucpal 34 22,287 2:nd-Jan-2019, 18:50:28
Last Post: Collster
  How To remove the front courtesy light Rusty2009 6 11,961 16:th-Feb-2015, 01:35:07
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
cpeter53 (10:th-Oct-2023, 07:58:47), marktourino (30:th-Jun-2023, 22:23:54)