Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sensors wiper fluid coolant retrofit and

Retrofit Coolant and Wiper Fluid Sensors
Hi All

Just looking into the sensors I would need to retrofit in order to get the wiper fluid and coolant sensors working as I'm thinking I'd probably get some use out of this so it makes sense to use it rather than have those warnings removed all together. Would be a project for when I have more money but wondering if the following sensors are the ones I need?

13195945 - Washer fluid

13276326 - Coolant

Also do these just sit between the pipes and the actual tanks themselves or are they a little more complex to fit?

Thanks

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

You need to replace the washer bottle and header tank mate as they have the holes in already (normally comes complete with the sensors too).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Balls :( ha. I've found the coolant tank (small clear/white tank)

[ATTACH]524[/ATTACH]

But can't find a washer tank with the sensor...

Have a few questions if you don't mind answering them to help me out:

Do you happen to know the part numbers for the two items I need?

Can I use tanks from different engine sized Js or do they have to be from the same type as mine?

Do they require any programming to work once installed?

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

IIRC they are all same mate.

I'll get you the part numbers later.

No they will after you have plugged them in, The one that could prove to a problem is the washer bottle plug as on Lewis one of the terms had corroded and broke in so I had to fix that.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Cheers dude! And hmmmm don't think I'd be tackling that one on my own anyway, would probably get someone to fit it for me. The coolant bottle looks easy enough though

The brand new coolant bottles on auto vaux are really cheap! Not sure if they come with the sensors though.

Edit: Spoke with Vauxhall and they have the coolant bottle for £22 and the washer fluid bottle (with separate sensor) for £52. Will have to buy them when I get money! Will add to the list for now lol. Just hoping my car has the connectors in place to plug the sensor enabled bottles into

Well this is odd! The garage have fit the coolant tank and showed me that it was all plugged in but it's still showing the low coolant message :-/ any ideas guys?

There shouldn't be any problems with corrosion, I'll check the wiring out once I can get into TIS.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Right Had a look on TIS mate I wonder if you have the wire on the IPC plug details to follow.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers mate and would that be a wires to actually allow the car to communicate the coolant sensor info to the IPC itself?

Yes mate it runs from the coolant tank to the IPC no fuses etc.

Washer sensor

Here is the Pinout

Well you are there check for pin 29 as well.

If you do have the wiring the only other thing I can think is a wire could be broke or corroded most likely place for this will be at the plug or maybe even the plug is not fully connected.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
You're the man! Thanks for this will try and have a look this weekend...this cluster spends more time out of the car than in it! Haha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retrofit front parking sensors (GTC) pedroc1999 3 2,345 27:th-May-2023, 23:46:17
Last Post: M.Duman
  coolant pressure tester chuzzle359 0 1,096 14:th-Apr-2021, 18:23:08
Last Post: chuzzle359
  Coolant light coming on when coolant is full (new sensor and no leaks) baffling me! Brasseyebaby 3 2,919 2:nd-Feb-2021, 21:12:47
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Gtc 2017 1.4t 120 coolant leak Nathan191210 1 2,037 1:st-Oct-2020, 07:02:07
Last Post: Rusty2009
  No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors mpotsb 4 7,351 22:nd-Feb-2020, 19:24:53
Last Post: mpotsb
  coolant tank hose ref needed alexy357 1 2,378 4:th-Mar-2019, 08:43:32
  Coolant is milkshake Ultraviolet 5 3,331 18:th-Dec-2018, 17:45:31
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  TPMS Sensors on wheels but not on car AphoticSketch 2 3,064 7:th-Nov-2018, 17:01:44
Last Post: AphoticSketch
  SCR System retrofit MrLocke 3 2,995 8:th-Aug-2018, 07:31:38
  Slow coolant loss Dennis S 21 21,649 8:th-Jan-2018, 11:13:20
Last Post: Dennis S

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
M.Duman (30:th-May-2023, 00:16:31)