Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
exahust change

Exahust change
Hey guys

Well as im still off work till Monday I've been ridiculously bored so thought I would enquire about getting a exhaust.

As some of you know I'm looking to go down the route Baz went down with his red gtc so the option I should of gone with was a quad pipe system but they just didn't have the correct tail pipe options I was looking for for a quad pipe system.

So I went with just gettinga single twin pipe with the option to change the tail pipes at a later date. Sounds silly I know but was like a kid wanted to leave with something let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks nice mate have to agree a duplex would look better.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers

I know that's what I thought especially considering I'm eventually going to go down that road anyway.

But one thing it has made me realise I would have to do something to get a better sound of grunt as it doesn't sound much different to me tbh well maybe a smidge.

But it dose look a lot smarter tho I must say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i like that it looks much better
the duplex will look good also but no complaints with that one at all

if you have a center cat you could remove it and add a straight pipe in its place
Cheers mate

I'm happy with it just wish it sounded how I wanted but as I'll be changing eventually I'm not to sad.

I got a cat back was told to get a proper sound would need to get DPF deleted not sure about that tho but I have heard some with a cat back and DPF delete and they sound like petrols lol

Have a look I know it's not a gtc but you will get what I mean

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=msTAuWSVHEM

But happy for now either way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looks good mate. It is hard getting a good sound from a diesel the dpf and cat absorb all the noise.

My exhaust was custom made at my local exhaust company, everything was made in house inc the rear box. I'm thinking of getting them to put quad AMG style on the VXR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Look forward to seeing that

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2.0 CDTi Auto Gearbox Oil Change Dennis S 0 1,510 13:th-Aug-2021, 14:29:25
Last Post: Dennis S
  How to change Astra j fuel flap mechanism? Amazingusername 2 2,537 11:th-Oct-2019, 12:56:58
Last Post: Amazingusername
  Now unable to change tracks over usb? GHOSTFAULT 0 1,894 2:nd-Oct-2019, 12:35:06
Last Post: GHOSTFAULT
  GTC 1.4 T timing chain change? dazzzdelux 2 4,161 23:rd-Feb-2019, 23:55:23
Last Post: dazzzdelux
  Change of heart Mspencer 3 2,993 20:th-Oct-2018, 18:26:57
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Change oil soon - can I ignore it for about 1k miles? umognog 4 3,650 12:th-Oct-2018, 07:46:38
Last Post: umognog
  Speedometer change Jonika21 7 4,331 20:th-May-2018, 14:51:35
Last Post: Jonika21
  change handbrake Dale90 1 2,959 2:nd-Aug-2017, 08:20:19
  Washer jet upgrade / change? rbull51 1 4,578 27:th-Jul-2016, 22:58:36
  Gearbox Oil Change? doug143 0 3,419 14:th-Jan-2016, 21:05:49
Last Post: doug143