Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
about my grill knowledge needed

Knowledge about my grill needed
Hey guys

I've recently been away and just come back so back to making some changes
With the car.

I made a post not to long ago asking people's thoughts of what method to take to
Get my rear griffin black I've decided to book it in to a body shop as I wanted the easiest
Stress free option and I'm also getting them to do a couple of bits.

First things first I'm getting them to do the rear griffin gloss black and also getting them to colour match the grey plastic on the rear bumper. I was originally going to get a colour matched front grill off ebay but realised it's the same grill I already have so thought it would be best to just get it sprayed whilst having the other bits and pieces done.

I explained to the guy I want the grill colour matched with the car but I want the griffin on the grill sprayed gloss black and possibly the background of the griffin white like the car
He said that would be no problem but it depends if the griffin comes off the front grill I just wondered if anybody knew if it dose come lose off the grill I've tried to slightly prize it forward and it seems like it wants to just wanted to know if anyone could confirm.

Also dose anyone know how easy it Is to remove the front grill as he reckons it will be more in labour if they have to take the front bumper off to get the grill off I thought it was just a case of opening the bonnet and unscrewing it maybe I'm wrong tho.

Apologies for the essay

Gaz
1. It's a front bumper off job mate and then time getting the grill out without braking any of the clips.
2. Yes it comes away and behind the griffin is a blanking plate which i think is just clipped in (this Hides the Opel part)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers mate both answers in one comment :thumbsup: lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
as above removing the front grill is a pain in the but and it is very easy to brake a few clips
but the griffin will come off easy a bit of a twist the backing plate will pop off
a good sprayer will have no problem painting the grill on the car

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
SVS help needed again!!! hooper 6 2,819 20:th-Dec-2019, 13:57:40
Last Post: Big Dave2
  New Engine Needed ? Breengin 19 6,987 14:th-Mar-2019, 08:48:57
Last Post: Rusty2009
  A little knowledge needed please Sri~mike 4 3,050 11:th-Mar-2019, 01:33:41
Last Post: Sri~mike
  coolant tank hose ref needed alexy357 1 2,277 4:th-Mar-2019, 08:43:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  De-badged grill Seb90 6 3,591 2:nd-Mar-2019, 19:54:05
Last Post: Seb90
  URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!! Michael T18 7 4,093 17:th-Sep-2018, 14:07:50
Last Post: Michael T18
  Alternator part code needed for astra gtc j 2014 cdti 2.0 king 4 4,356 20:th-Apr-2018, 09:01:30
Last Post: king
  de-badge grill marky79 1 2,740 16:th-Apr-2018, 08:59:56
Last Post: rlievens
  Part numbers needed Daniel199025 5 4,161 15:th-Sep-2017, 13:48:20
Last Post: Daniel199025
  GTC body kit, color advice needed twinpipes 3 3,954 5:th-Aug-2017, 12:03:36
Last Post: gregj