Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to rattles j area passenger side astra trim interior from how stop

How to stop Interior Trim Rattles from Passenger side area Astra J.

This How to will Stop Rattles that Appear to be Coming from the Seat Belt or A Pillar Area.

For a while now i have a Wired Rattle that seems to come from the Passenger Side Area
Around the Seat Belt or A Pillar Area and i have not been Able to Put my Finger on were Exactly it has been Coming From

I Noticed if i Pushed Down on the Console in the Headliner This would Stop
So i came up with a Very Simple Solution that works.

The Rattle is a Vibration Rattle Due to a Foam Block in the Console in the Headliner not being as Tight a Fit as it Should
This makes the Sound Travel and makes it Hard to Pin Point were it is Coming From  
So a very Simple Solution was call For and it Works.

Remove the Trim with the Two Vents from the Console in the Headliner
and inside at the Back you will see a Foam Block Simply Push a Sponge in between
the Block and the Roof this will Stop the Vibration Rattle that Travels to the Seat Belt Area.

This will also Stop Any Rattles you may have from the Console Itself also
Some have Suggested Adding Sticky Tads to the Trim but this Works just as Good Also
a Very Simple Solution But this Really has Worked.
Nice one mate I do get a squeaking noise from the passenger seat belt when it's in use Just haven't be ****d to look into.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
its a strange fix but it works
I think this may be the same issue I'm seeing!! Took me ages to pin point it as I only heard it at high speeds on gravel style roads. I noticed that smacking the roof console area did make it go away for a while so must be the issue you mention...will give this a go thanks

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

If it works let me know
Will do mate! haven't heard it for a few days though..have a new one which seems to either be coming from the passenger seat or somewhere in the rear :-/ lol

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I used blu tac on mine a while back, think I seen it suggested in here. Out of a few rattles/vibrations this was the loudest. So glad it's fixed, real annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Yeah I have an annoying rattle which almost sounds like metal on metal coming from the NSR somewhere. Doesn't do it all the time however.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
I have also been getting this intermittently so whilst I was putting my USB sockets in today I placed a sponge up there, if this solves that I will be forever grateful!
hope so mate

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver-side cubbyhole catch JonathanLondon 2 1,790 9:th-Sep-2021, 11:45:38
Last Post: JonathanLondon
  Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi SRi no phone settings, why!? Ashleigh96x 6 13,198 31:st-Mar-2021, 09:49:11
Last Post: HB Car
  How to stop Smelly air-con grahamfromoldham 18 17,391 31:st-May-2020, 23:58:19
Last Post: moxol
  HOW TO FIX HEATED SEAT AND REPLACE SEAT COVER ASTRA J tucpal 78 69,278 13:th-Nov-2019, 09:49:21
Last Post: Rusty2009
  HOW TO FIT A PEDAL BOX, ASTRA J. tucpal 24 25,197 30:th-Jul-2019, 17:01:36
Last Post: param84
  Swap astra J dash display chrisscruton 6 6,263 25:th-Mar-2019, 10:16:12
Last Post: chrisscruton
help with interior A trim removal passenger pillar astra j stestrange82 3 6,370 20:th-Feb-2019, 13:45:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How to remove air vent trim Rusty2009 10 16,051 25:th-Aug-2018, 14:20:50
Last Post: mikeb7900
  How to, Door Lock Catch Covers. Astra J. tucpal 10 10,452 28:th-Jun-2017, 12:58:56
Last Post: Steveb19111978
Astra vs. GTC Interior question neilll 2 4,418 20:th-Apr-2017, 21:11:00
Last Post: neilll

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (31:st-Mar-2023, 10:33:32)