Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sports fit tourer astra info camera on rear opel

Rear camera fit on Opel astra sports tourer info ;)
Howdy all, so I bought a rear camera while i was in china dragon mall in Dubai.
My first intention was to fit it in a skoda fabia, but I didn't fit it, so I was thinking today of fitting it to my Opel astra sports tourer break. I need help & opinion from all of you guys who managed to fit one of those.
The manual it comes with is so stupidly witted that I couldn't understand anything from it
In order to retrofit it I got the right rear door light out to see how can I merge the camera with the light, I know its hard but its doable, I'm lacking the funds to buy an OEM original one so why not start my first project on this car.

Things to be done :
  1. Fitting the camera into the light plastic.
  2. Fitting the monitor cables into the door upper panel (I think) !
  3. Finding the reverse wire and the ground to solder camera wires on them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]412[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]414[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]415[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]416[/ATTACH]

[MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] Your help will be much appreciated

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here are the diagrams :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]417[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]418[/ATTACH]

I will have a look later when at the PC I think the tourer has a plate (which is in the bumper for boot open button)? If so there another plate which is used for the factory camera.

I have one at home so will get some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
[MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] I cant thank you enough Rusty
btw I ordered the pro tec additive, it should arrive tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
this looks very interesting try and add as much info as possible on this one
i would like rusty says mount the camera may be to the boot catch as the light from the number plate lamp may effect the camera
[MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] Good point mate, never thought of that. We will see what ideas Rusty could give me. I will make pics and videos of the whole process then you can add it to the how to section. It will be awesome I cant thank you all enough .
you can tap into the reverse light wire i did this for the parking sensors but for the life of me i can not remember what color wire it was
rusty can you look that up.
there is a ground point in the rear fuse box compartment

if you need a ground in the front remove the glove box and look up you will see a bar just above the pollen filter there is one there

Awesome [MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] Now the ground problem is solved. Another problem is how to reroute the cables from the monitor ? I think this will be the biggest problem of them all :(
in the side of the headliner or the trim that runs along the side of the car at the bottom to get the wires to the front
if you remove the glove box you could push the wires up the A pillar and bring the wires through there
sure you will work that out if you get stuck give us a shout
Will do [MENTION=2]tucpal[/MENTION] Thak you.
Still not at PC.

RE the boot button, I think I may have been wrong with saying it was in the bumper, the boot release button should be under the lip in the centre of the boot. Will look like the pictures below but no space for camera.

[ATTACH]419[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]420[/ATTACH]

(Will undo from inside behind the trim).

RE cable routing best way is not the roof, remove the kick trim and you will find some trunking (by doors) that's the best way to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Just had a look at the pics and wiring you posted simple enough to wire up but is this wireless? If so you would not need to run the the long video cable from back to front.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hey [MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] , No it's not wireless. The monitor has 3 cables coming out of it, yellow, red, white. The Yellow is for signal, the red is for power & the white I dont know!
Camera has two wires also red and yellow, same as monitor but without the white one.
I was trying yesterday to start them in my house but I couldnt do it. I dont know exactly how to wire them. I tried :
1- A 12v 1A converter in the camera power cable while the yellow connected to the monitor. Nothing happened.
2- Connected the power to the monitor red cable while the camera was connected & nothing happened.

I think I have to fit it in the car for it to work. The thing I dont understand is from where does the monitor get power to work?
Camera gets it from the reverse cable, that I kmow but the monitor?

I will be posting pictures of
the boot release button. Just contacted a shop here but they didn't have the same part as you showed me in the pics. So I have to figure out another way to fit that cam.

Ok I'll have a another check on the white wire you did supply a ground didn't you?

the boot handle part number is 20907402 http://www.autovaux.co.uk/product/209074...lgate.aspx
£200.23 here in the UK, The one I have is not needed so is for sale, £25 plus postage which is £20 to Romania on a 10-11 day service.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
[MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] I did not ground it Rusty because I dont know how to do it in my house!
As for the part that you have, I will be more than happy to buy it from you but I cant because I have to attend 3 weddings till July & the tradition here is to give money for the newly married couple :(
Have a look at these pics please, can you tell me if I can modify something there to be put the camera on?

[ATTACH]423[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]424[/ATTACH]

Thanks

I would say the white plug forget about.

So you would need to ground both ends Tucpal has given you the details for that.

As for power to the screen there a few ways you could do this,

1. A switched live relay off the battery with an in-line fuse.
2. In-line fuse and run of the back of the 12v socket.

As to the wire for the reverse light here is the pin out from the back of the light, which will give the wire colour.

As to modifying what you have will the camera fit on the black plastic so you can get it fixed? you would need to drill a hole to get the wires through.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
cheers rusty i thought it was green and white for the reverse live but glad you confirmed this as i was unsure and my loom is taped back up
Has anyone found rear camera for sports tourer similar like for 5 door?
License plate light type.

(12:th-Apr-2016, 17:51:34)Jerry Wrote: Has anyone found rear camera for sports tourer similar like for 5 door?
License plate light type.
Why would the tourer one be any different to the 5 door? The camera fitting replaces one of the number plate lights which I believe are a standard size. I bought my wireless reverse camera off ebay for 28 quid. Works fine.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
The problem is because the ST number plate light is shorter.

Any idea?
I'm still searching rear camera for ST.
(28:th-Apr-2016, 14:47:53)Jerry Wrote: Any idea?
I'm still searching rear camera for ST.

I have made on astra j st 2015 with navi650
the factory camera is fitted into the handle surround, they come up on ebay every now and then.
I think zafira tourer has the same handle.

an image of the factory handle can be found here

https://www.*****.co.uk/cdn-cgi/image/fo...amera1.jpg
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Best looking over the water for the handle and cam (make sure the cam has the little cable on it)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
if that picture link doesn't work, the handle is shown on relpy #11 above.
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TPMS on Astra J GTC milozic 0 1,637 14:th-May-2023, 18:58:09
Last Post: milozic
  insignia cluster into astra? Tylerrattv 49 32,420 30:th-Jul-2021, 18:27:37
Last Post: theendfear
  Navi 650 bluetooth and reverse camera mislav_os 30 20,194 9:th-Jun-2021, 16:08:07
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Front & Rear Park Pilot Andy_GTC 17 12,398 26:th-Dec-2020, 23:03:44
Last Post: Baich
  electrical rear windows Maniacu 12 7,011 19:th-Jul-2019, 12:27:57
Last Post: Maniacu
  astra k cluster on astra j Maniacu 2 6,248 6:th-Jun-2019, 14:37:10
Last Post: Maniacu
  Speed camera POIs Issue fezza37 2 2,768 26:th-Feb-2019, 22:25:04
Last Post: desmo
  Front camera retrofit for Lane departure and traffic sign assist Rusty2009 124 70,642 2:nd-Feb-2019, 11:54:01
Last Post: marktourino
  Astra J Instrument Cluster 32pin wiring diagram Milo629 0 5,221 22:nd-Jan-2019, 14:55:13
Last Post: Milo629
  Astra J Coming Home Module / Key Signal Diagram EricMod 9 8,236 16:th-Jan-2019, 12:20:43
Last Post: Big Dave2

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (9:th-Sep-2023, 21:33:28), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 15:53:39)