Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to a pedal fit box j astra how

HOW TO FIT A PEDAL BOX, ASTRA J.

HOW TO FIT AND USE A DTE PEDAL BOX...

Pedal Box,s can be found on ebay under DTE PEDAL BOX, VAUXHALL. and other sellers do them also
They are all the Same any Vauxhall one will Fit petrol, diesel, Corsa, Insignia, Astra H, ETC.
they all have the same Connector and do the same job Alter the Throttle Response    
second hand ones go from £60 to £120 and they do sell fast and it is well worth finding a used one
the V3 is the one to aim for.

DTE PEDAL BOX V3 Program Selection..

Choose four standard programs. These affect the overall driving experience. Do not change program's whilst accelerating.

SPORT mode.
SPORT Plus.
ECO mode.
OFF mode.

"SPORT"

In the SPORT mode, throttle response is improved slightly. SPORT increases throttle response by up to 16 per cent, making it suitable
for most situations.

"SPORT Plus"

For sporty drivers, we recommend the SPORT-Plus-Mode. SPORT-Plus incorporates optimal fuel consumption across the entire rpm range and is perfect for merging quickly with road traffic or when overtaking is required.

"ECO MODE"

The CITY mode is suitable for the stop and go of city traffic. It guarantees improved torque in the lower rpm range while the response is programmed to achieve economical fuel consumption.

"OFF"

We recommend the OFF mode for driving on very slippery road surfaces brought about by ice, snow or heavy rain.

..................................................  .............................................

Optimize the curve

Choose from six levels to optimize the curve. You can increase the curve through 3 levels and reduced it trough 3 levels. Do not change programme's whilst accelerating.

Select the Program you want on the Top button Sport, Sport Plus or Eco
Then add Plus 1 or plus 2,3 etc plus or minus Bottom Buttons to increase or decrees the curve setting you have desire.

PLUS CURVE.....  

Curve + 1.

Curve + 2.

Curve + 3.

MINUS THE CURVE.......

Curve - 1.

Curve - 2.

Curve - 3.

More information:.........

FITTING THE PEDAL BOX.........

STEP ONE...........

Above the Accelerator pedal you will see a Connector
with a brown Tab Pull the Tab out and Remove the Connector from the Accelerator.  

STEP TWO...........

Now take the Pedal Box Connectors there are Two
Take the Male Plug and Connect this to the Brown Connector you have just Removed.

STEP THREE........

Now take the other Connector and connect that back to the Accelerator
and Push the Brown Tab back in to Secure it back in Place.  

.....................................................................................

You now have the Pedal Box fitted enjoy and try the Different Settings.

VIDEO CLIPS......  

[video=youtube;s-WfeWet0Aw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WfeWet0Aw[/video]

[video=youtube;EEKNsEbdIgc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKNsEbdIgc[/video]

There are 3 types of pedal box,,

.........The V1..........

This has no buttons on the outside and uses Manuel pins you have to move around to change the maps
there are 4 maps And all four are adjustable by plus or minus three to make them weaker or stronger.

1, ECO,

2, SPORT,

3, SPORT PLUS,

4, AND ECO,SPORT

V1 MAPS...

.........THE V2..........

The V2 is the one on the left

The top Button is on and off
and it has Three Settings only
they are not Adjustable like the V1 and V3.

1. SPORT

2, SPORT PLUS

3, ECO

........THE V3.........

The V3 is fully adjustable and has three settings and easy to use buttons on the outside
All The settings can adjusted plus or minus by 3 settings to make them stronger or weaker.

1, sport mode.

2, sport plus mode.

3, eco mode.

See above in the Top Post for v3 Settings.

Hope this all helps
if you have any questions
ask here in this thread...

I once changed the settings while accelerating, what could it do?
IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO DO THAT..
I been trying to find out why but found nothing :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am more than sure if you alter the throttle response when you are driving
you could speed up or slow down and not realize sure thats about it just a safety thing.
Whelan i use,.. (Sport + and Curve + 2)... this seems to be the best
but have a play around and just find the one you like.
Nice post mate
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
if anyone has found a nice place to position the pedal box please put some pictures up here thanks,

i have the V1 so i just shove it behind the bonnet catch trim so it is out the way nice a neat a hidden
Great how to, when I get a bit more light will give it a go. Will try and fit it in the little storage box to the right of the steering wheel if it will reach that far.
yep it will reach that part no problem mate
I'll grab some pics tomorrow.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Looking forward to getting it fitted now. Is it true that you should leave the ignition off for 5 minutes before fitting. Also when changing settings when is best to do so?
Not heard about the time before fitting but guess it wouldn't hurt. You change the setting even with engine running just don't do it while pressing that pedal!!!!
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Do you have to program it every time you drive or does it stay on the setting you had it last?
It remembers the settings from when it was set last

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(5:th-Aug-2016, 20:52:28)sheppy1 Wrote: It remembers the settings from when it was set last

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Happy days! Ive one coming in the post :-) hope its as good as everyone says
Hi all , are these OK to use with start/stop ....sorry for the noob question...only had the car a week ?

Cheers James
(7:th-Aug-2016, 08:54:23)JPW Wrote: Hi all , are these OK to use with start/stop ....sorry for the noob question...only had the car a week ?

Cheers James

Yes they are.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
How do i feed the cable from the pedal to the small glovebox under the steering wheel? Preferably without drilling holes
Hi Was just wondering if the pedal box can be used cross platform - ie onto a different car ?
it can be used on any other vauxhall astra, j, h,insignia, etc
as the connectors are the same but another make no that will need a different type connector
Hello all,

I appreciate this is now an old post but thought i'd ask on here rather than creating a new post...

I have an Astra J 1.6 and find it sluggish at times.. found it struggled when I was driving on A roads with incline, to the point I'd have to drop down the gears to pick up some speed.

Has anyone fitted a pedal box on a 1.6 and noticed a real change? I have read that it won't increase BHP but wonder if it will help with my issue?

Thanks,
Param.
The idea of the pedal box is to smooth out the flat spots I.E to make the throttle response better.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(28:th-Jul-2019, 18:20:03)param84 Wrote: I have an Astra J 1.6 and find it sluggish at times.

Nature of the beast, unfortunately. The Astra-J is a heavy car, and the smaller engines do struggle to get it moving.
Thanks for the replies guys. Been contemplating getting a different car so think I may look at that now.

Cheers
Param.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTi SRi no phone settings, why!? Ashleigh96x 6 15,762 31:st-Mar-2021, 09:49:11
Last Post: HB Car
  Alloy vxr pedal covers tucpal 39 25,720 1:st-Sep-2020, 17:18:36
Last Post: h4r7y
  HOW TO FIX HEATED SEAT AND REPLACE SEAT COVER ASTRA J tucpal 78 88,397 13:th-Nov-2019, 09:49:21
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Swap astra J dash display chrisscruton 6 7,952 25:th-Mar-2019, 10:16:12
Last Post: chrisscruton
help with interior A trim removal passenger pillar astra j stestrange82 3 6,865 20:th-Feb-2019, 13:45:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How to, Door Lock Catch Covers. Astra J. tucpal 10 12,288 28:th-Jun-2017, 12:58:56
Last Post: Steveb19111978
Astra vs. GTC Interior question neilll 2 5,602 20:th-Apr-2017, 21:11:00
Last Post: neilll
  How to stop Interior Trim Rattles from Passenger side area Astra J. tucpal 9 20,347 3:rd-May-2015, 17:42:49
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (28:th-Feb-2024, 15:10:14)