Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to a fit j grill astra how front

How to fit a Front Grill Astra J

This How To Covers How to fit a front Grill to the Astra J

I Have already done this in the past i dont have this bumper anymore  
but i will cover the basics here.

i will be fitting the Grill with no Badge to the Astra j 5 Door Preface Lift.
Here is the original front Grill with the Griffin badge.

Pleas note this Picture above is of a VXline Bumper and the Debadge Grill will not fit the VXline Bumper
The Picture is for reference only.

This will also not fit the Face lift Bumper ether.

This is the Front Grill it is a very Good Quality item and just like the Original Genuine front Grill
They can be found on ebay etc and go for around £55
and come in chrome or Matt black.

The first Step is to Remove the front Bumper from the car
A How to can be found Here.

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...r-Facelift

Take the bumper in Doors as you will need to work on it without scratching it
and Preferably work on it on the carpet as you will need to lay it on its front.  

Turn the Bumper Around you will be Working from the Back to Remove the Grill
It is Not Easy to Remove the Clips and you may have to Sacrifice the Original Grill
to Save the Clips on the Bumper as they must not Brake or the New Grill will not fit back Correct.

Look at the Pictures Below and look for 6 clips at the Top and 8 Clips at the Bottom of the Grill
you will see the bumper clips they will be the same color as you bumper in my case they are silver
These clips need to be looked after at all cost  

to Remove the Grill safely look at the tabs and at the back you will see a little black notch
on each Clip on the Grill this Notch needs to be Cut so the Tabs will Push back and the grill will pull off
start with the Bottom 6 then the Two at the Side and then the Top 6
Then you can push the very top of the grill off the bumper

were the red arrows are the black plastic grill needs to be pushed down away from the bumper part
and the grill will then be removed.

You can see the Bumper Clips in the above Picture that need to be intact to Refit the Grill
To refit the Grill Refit in Reverse order Starting at the Top and Slide the Guilds into Position

Then Line up the Grill Clips and Push Down one by one Starting at the Bottom and then the Top
again be Real Careful and make sure they are Lined up Correctly
as they are a Pig to get Back out.

If you have Managed that you Now have a Debaged Front Grill Well Done.

Look this is not that easy a job to Remove the Grill
i must Stress Again it is Best to Ruin the old Grill than Brake the Bumper Clips
they must Remain unbroken just take your Time and you wont have any Problems.
Nice one mate it's been needed for a while
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
yep i keep on getting asked so it will be easier to redirect here.
HALLO.VERY BEUTIFULL SPOILER.I HAVE THE FACELIFT AND I WANT TO PUT FRONT SPOILER.CAN HELP ME?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Install a Reverse Camera in an Astra J with Navi 900 Summit 22 34,917 22:nd-Feb-2021, 07:59:27
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Multimedia interface, reverse camera, navi 600, insignia, astra j. tucpal 5 20,032 10:th-May-2018, 16:03:16
Last Post: vocky
  How-to front mudguards for vxr style pack 1 (maybe all) Jon_es 9 7,781 17:th-Apr-2018, 12:24:10
Last Post: Elad1962
  How to remove Wing Mirror Covers, Astra j tucpal 12 29,581 5:th-May-2017, 20:37:31
Last Post: Tonto
  How-to remove front bumper from Astra-j (MK6 5 Door Facelift) Rusty2009 31 47,745 28:th-Dec-2016, 22:58:13
Last Post: tucpal
  Front Bumper lower grille allymorrison70 2 6,711 12:th-May-2016, 23:01:33
Last Post: allymorrison70
  HOW TO: De-Badge Rear and side of astra J Cameron UK 18 20,468 5:th-Apr-2015, 10:55:10
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
Apotetyk (5:th-May-2023, 23:47:36), iNeoTom (27:th-Feb-2024, 16:42:32)