Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sign lane traffic departure assist retrofit and for camera front

Front camera retrofit for Lane departure and traffic sign assist
I tried programming the camera on Sunday but got a hardware mismatch (from a car that has it from factory).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
So what's the plans now?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Not sure TBH mate need to have another think.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Have you tried getting a vci code again?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
I've tried loads of times to get a VCI code but all they say is not fitted at factory.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
What a nightmare! Shame you can't copy the files from another car with it fitted. If only it was that simple eh

(9:th-Mar-2016, 12:35:21)bhalay207 Wrote: What a nightmare! Shame you can't copy the files from another car with it fitted. If only it was that simple eh

Yep if only its the camera that needs the vin and software loaded but strange I was met with a hardware mismatch when trying to program it on a car that has the front cam.

I know he's planning on selling the car at point so may see if hell let me nick his camera and put mine in its place lol
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(9:th-Mar-2016, 14:08:25)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(9:th-Mar-2016, 12:35:21)bhalay207 Wrote: What a nightmare! Shame you can't copy the files from another car with it fitted. If only it was that simple eh

Yep if only its the camera that needs the vin and software loaded but strange I was met with a hardware mismatch when trying to program it on a car that has the front cam.

I know he's planning on selling the car at point so may see if hell let me nick his camera and put mine in its place lol
Would it work in yours with the vins not matching?

I'm hoping I can change the VIN to mine.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
GM are now charging to supply VCI codes.

I emailed TIS help desk on the back of my old VCI request to see if it's now possible to obtain a VCI.

They've come back and said to contact Etac so I've sent off an email to them.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ah some good news at last lol!

Fingers crossed
Sounds promising. Wonder why they've started charging?

No idea why they are starting to charge but here a screen grab of the price list.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheap then haha

Plan it right though you can book in say 5 at once as the cost is for 1 day but getting 5 people in one go never works for retrofits & if one person pulls out last minute the price then goes up.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Well that was a waste of time all I got was we don't support retrofits here at tech support.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(15:th-Jan-2015, 18:04:52)Rusty2009 Wrote: So I've had a little play today TIS won't let me program the camera says I need a VCI (fair enough) I can set the camera up.

Then I popped over to the IPC programming and it wanted to download new software.

Once done I checked though the menus and it's given me a new one.

[ATTACH]278[/ATTACH]

can this be done on a 63 plate insignia elite
(31:st-Jul-2017, 21:22:03)linty92 Wrote:
(15:th-Jan-2015, 18:04:52)Rusty2009 Wrote: So I've had a little play today TIS won't let me program the camera says I need a VCI (fair enough) I can set the camera up.

Then I popped over to the IPC programming and it wanted to download new software.

Once done I checked though the menus and it's given me a new one.

[ATTACH]278[/ATTACH]

can this be done on a 63 plate insignia elite

I've still not got it working on mine yet.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Did you mail it already?
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
(1:st-Aug-2017, 09:03:22)zzattack Wrote: Did you mail it already?

Not yet gonna post it tomorrow as it's payday.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Well to draw this to a close the retrofit has now been done & working, Another VXOC first.

Thanks to @plasma for getting my VIN into the Camera.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
No problem at all Rusty, couldnt see a project like this not finished....

People are probably wondering who's Plasma lol?
Great work. Really tempted to get you to do this on mine Rusty

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
Rusty

As you know me well enough & I would like this retrofit done with the TPMS, it not the the question of how much but how soon mate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Digital cluster (virtual cockpit) retrofit milozic 5 5,999 30:th-Apr-2023, 19:51:49
Last Post: milozic
  Navi950 DAB+ retrofit help milozic 1 5,391 8:th-Sep-2021, 21:22:59
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Steering wheel remote control retrofit EricMod 32 21,761 10:th-Jul-2021, 12:37:38
Last Post: carolef1984
  Navi 650 bluetooth and reverse camera mislav_os 30 20,197 9:th-Jun-2021, 16:08:07
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Lane departure retrofit? toxx 3 5,895 22:nd-Feb-2021, 09:16:29
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Front & Rear Park Pilot Andy_GTC 17 12,401 26:th-Dec-2020, 23:03:44
Last Post: Baich
  Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit kalum0101 5 8,858 2:nd-Aug-2020, 13:48:24
Last Post: kalum0101
  Navi 950 retrofit to Buick Encore vibalt 3 8,130 21:st-Jul-2020, 19:02:30
  Front PDC Wiring leeso 1 1,846 15:th-Jan-2020, 19:43:02
  Rear camera fit on Opel astra sports tourer info ;) Alienbv 24 18,535 26:th-Dec-2019, 13:00:29
Last Post: niteram

Who read this thread?
9 User(s) read this thread:
marktourino (20:th-Jun-2023, 09:51:47), KKEVANSKK (23:rd-Mar-2024, 23:09:01), milozic (9:th-Sep-2023, 21:27:40), Cozzer1990 (5:th-Mar-2024, 11:52:46), Dvaltd (9:th-Nov-2023, 00:48:57), livo (7:th-May-2023, 10:10:07), M.Duman (30:th-May-2023, 00:14:17), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:07:47), Jnny (3:rd-Dec-2023, 00:16:14)