Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
broken bearing crankshaft

Broken crankshaft bearing

Hi guys, hope you're all going good
I had a problem with my Astra's crankshaft so I would like to share with you my experience so maybe I may have some advice from you or even answer your questions if you have any.

Actually, a crankshaft bearing broke while driving on the highway which caused the engine to stop, after several attempts, the engine never started because it was blocked.

the breakage of the bearing caused damage to the crankshaft so I decided to change the crankshaft for a new one.

Here are some photos of the engine disassembled and it is not yet assembled because I am waiting for the crankshaft which comes from Spain.

Here are some photos.

As you can see here, the pistons are in a good shape so I won't change them

And now those are the crankshaft bearings, some of them are in bad shape and one of them is broken as you can see it's on my hand, we found it like that in the oil :O

It's a 2.0 cdti 160 engine with an automatic gearbox with about 170 000km which is 105 000 in miles
Feel free to to replay if you have and questions or advice.
Cheers

The engine is not yet assembled because I have not yet received the crankshaft that I ordered from Spain.
I will keep posting pics if I find something interesting to post. And sorry for my bad English, I'm from France.

Messages In This Thread
Broken crankshaft bearing - by Fadii13 - 29:th-Jun-2020, 14:20:27
RE: Broken crankshaft bearing - by niteram - 29:th-Jun-2020, 23:02:51

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broken wheel stud Euroshopper 1 1,634 6:th-Oct-2020, 07:08:18
Last Post: Rusty2009
  AC Compressor clutch broken rlievens 2 1,955 19:th-Sep-2020, 19:01:39
Last Post: niteram
  Drivers seat broken trim Big Dave2 10 4,438 21:st-Aug-2020, 22:19:41
Last Post: Big Dave2
  I've broken Doris GOKIWI 2 3,293 22:nd-Jul-2016, 09:45:44