Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
turbo problems 4t 1

1.4T Turbo problems
Hello All and thank you for reading through this thread.

I have a GTC with the A14NET engine. My turbo is not building enough boost, I've done some testing that I'll list below, please advise on what to do next as I'm running out of ideas.

Using the OBD II and Torque Pro app I'm monitoring Turbo boost and Intake Manifold Pressure.
I have two solenoid valves as I thought this was the problem. 
With the solenoid connected to the wastegate, the car won't boost more than 4-5 PSI triggering a P0299 (UNDERBOOST)
Without the solenoid connected to the wastegate, the car will boost to 13-16 PSI for a couple of times until encountering a Service Vehicle Soon popup which essentially is a P0234 code (OVERBOOST) 
The MAX PSI for the intake manifold pressure registered was 27 PSI
The MAX PSI for the turbo boost registered was 16 PSI

I've also tried using a Manual Boost Controller (TURBO TEE) and "bypassing" the Solenoid. Same story, boosts a few times and then P0234 comes on limitting the boost to 4-5 PSI. 

Looking at the Workshop Manual it states the following: 
Use the scan tool and compare the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) Sensor parameter to the Boost Pressure Sensor parameter during a WOT acceleration. The readings should be within 20 kPa (2.9 PSI) of each other.

They are not within 2.9 PSI of each other. As mentioned above, max PSI for the Intake manifold pressure was 28 whilst Turbo boost PSI was 15-16 max.

I can hear my turbo spooling, I've adjusted the wastegate to open later but none of this worked. I've also checked the "nipple" inside the intake manifold and it's there. 

Can you please share your thoughts? I want to get it working properly but I don't want to buy a new turbo and end up having the same problem. A mechanic told me it's not the turbo whilst another mechanic told me it's the turbo. 

Many thanks!

Messages In This Thread
1.4T Turbo problems - by tzaks - 13:th-Feb-2019, 13:48:27
RE: 1.4T Turbo problems - by Rusty2009 - 14:th-Feb-2019, 08:10:12
RE: 1.4T Turbo problems - by tzaks - 14:th-Feb-2019, 13:49:29

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would these GTC wheels on my Sedan cause any problems? astra777 2 2,844 30:th-Jul-2018, 18:53:29
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Astragtc1282 (13:th-Feb-2024, 20:25:15)