Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hid conversion aftermarket

Aftermarket HID Conversion

Merry Christmas, everyone!

As a follow-up of to thread I recently posted on this forum regarding an HID upgrade for my 2010 Insignia, I've decided to write a how-to thread to record my progress, receive advice / critical remarks and to also help some other who may want to follow in my steps.

I bought a pair of aftermarket headlamps from a local auto parts shop. They are apparently produced by Dectane GMBH and they are the most common aftermarket 
headlights for the Insignia. You can find them on flea bay, amazon, alibaba, aliexpress, you name it. 

Even if the company seems German, upon closer inspection the headlights appear to be made in Taiwan. Well, at least it's not China.

They came with bulbs fitted for the indicator and high beam and also with what I believe to be an electric motor to adjust the height of the light beam. Here are some photos:

• The headlights themselves
  • A close up on one of them
  • A photo of the back side with the dust cover off
    You could notice two hex bolts that can be used to adjust the light projection left / right and up / down. Also from the back side, one can notice that the screws that keep the dust cover in place are screwed straight into the plastic of the head lamp housing so if you buy these headlights don't over tighten the screws or you'll strip the threads. Threaded metal inserts would have been a nice.
  • A close up of the backside without the dust cover. 
    You can observe in the upper right what I believe to be the height adjustment electric motor. Also in this photo, you can notice the rubbish cable management which can be better observed in a photo of the backside of the headlamps with the cover on which I accidentally deleted but I'll edit the post as soon as possible to include 
Judging from the specs on the front of the head lights, I can't be sure that these are indeed HID compatible but, the projector itself is marked with H7 / HID (you can see this marking right above the bulb hole). As long as the projector itself is marked with HID, it should be good enough, shouldn't it?

I'll be posting more details as I go.

Messages In This Thread
Aftermarket HID Conversion - by i.rosca - 26:th-Dec-2016, 10:37:39
RE: Aftermarket HID Conversion - by i.rosca - 27:th-Dec-2016, 00:42:54
RE: Aftermarket HID Conversion - by tucpal - 27:th-Dec-2016, 21:23:40
RE: Aftermarket HID Conversion - by i.rosca - 28:th-Feb-2017, 08:15:57
RE: Aftermarket HID Conversion - by i.rosca - 5:th-Mar-2017, 13:53:23
RE: Aftermarket HID Conversion - by i.rosca - 1:st-Apr-2017, 11:49:44

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
M.Duman (28:th-May-2023, 00:09:46), mc92661 (13:th-Sep-2023, 20:51:20)