Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to install unit reverse wireless head android how camera

How to Install Android Head Unit + Wireless Reverse Camera
Welcome to my tutorial on installing the Android M072 Aftermarket Head Unit (this tutorial could probably be used for other head units too) and wireless reverse camera. So here’s a pic of everything I ordered and needed for this mod:

Head Unit Itself:

So you’ll want to follow the tutorial that @rusy2009 put up on how to remove the head unit:

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...en-removal

Once you’ve done everything listed in the above tutorial you can now crack on with the head unit install…I apologise in advance for this being text based and not many photos but to be honest it’s all plug and play and the nest of wires you have to deal with doesn’t make for great tutorial pictures! Ha.

Basically you just want to find the big long cable with the black box connector on it and plug this into your current huge black connector block which you’ll have removed from the back of the CD unit. This then gives you all the extra wires and cables that you’ll need to attach to the new DVD unit/screen.

So now you’ll literally just want to plug in EVERY cable that came with the unit into the necessary slots on the back of the unit and connect any factory wires up to those new connectors provided by the extension loom that you have plugged into the big black factory loom. You will be left with around 2 or 3 factory wires that don’t fit into any blocks provided by the new factory loom and this is fine as they’re no longer required.

For the factory USB and AUX extension wires you’re going to want to just run them down to the back of the unit that currently houses the factory USB and AUX ports and then just plug the new head units cables into those ports instead of the factory wires that currently reside there.

For the GPS module you’re going to want to find a good home for it…I personally ran the cable for it down the centre dash speaker section and plugged it into the rear of the head unit. I then melted a small U shape into the back of the speaker grill on the dash so the wire could be fed out and onto the dash. It now sits there and is just barely visible when driving 

The bluetooth MIC can go wherever you like too bit I just chose to poke it out the side of the facia and it doesn’t bother me and people i’ve rang said I sound crystal clear…so it will continue to live there.

For the reverse camera receiver you’ve just going to want to splice the red and black power and ground cables onto the small wiring loom that you’ve connected to the back of the had unit and you’re done! There is a blue cable marked “back” or something like that but you don’t need it. Just again tuck this out of the way somewhere.

For the 3G dongle (if you’re using one) you simply plug the male to female USB cable they give you into the back of the head unit and then plug your dongle into that and again…stuff it out of the way! This will start working as soon as the unit is powered on 

The big chunky long black loom will need to be in place between the head unit and the screen but you shouldn’t have any issues with this…

Wireless Reverse Camera (Transmitter in rear of car):

So here goes!

The camera part of the kit just replaces one of the bulb holders you already have, you’ll want to find a way to pull the two wires at the end of the camera through the rubber grommet in the frame of the car and into the boot compartment. The way I did this way to remove the black plastic trim inside the boot:

I then used 3 or 4 cable ties all fastened together and pushed the end of through the rubber grommet (this rubber grommet can be found on the left hand side of the car down a little gap once you’ve got the boot trim off as mentioned above)…No photos here, but the rubber grommet can be seen in one of the photos below and you basically just create a small hole in the grommet and then shove the tie through that.

Then got under the car and located the end of the cable tie, fastened the wires to the cable tie with tape and then got back up top and pulled the cable tie slowly until the cables came through the rubber grommet…you can remove the grommet if that helps you get the cables through it

I then attached the transmitter to the power and video cables in the section where the spare wheel goes and then stuck the thing to the side of the metal frame:

Next I ran the wires up into the left hand side compartment and spliced the power cable into the green/yellow wire in the loom that’s there (this is the reverse light power cable) and then secured the black cable to a nut that was there for ground.

Summary

As I say I’m sorry for the second half being text based but I did this work in the evening and didn’t get any pics…however even if I did get some they would have been of a nest of wires! Ha. I can however get ANY info you may require and any photos I am able to take I will do so for you…any questions please ask here and I’ll get back to you ASAP 

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Messages In This Thread
How to Install Android Head Unit + Wireless Reverse Camera - by sheppy1 - 25:th-Feb-2016, 10:21:47

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Fit Sub To CD400 Head Unit TUFFKNUX 138 113,172 20:th-May-2021, 09:19:58
Last Post: h4r7y
  How to Install aftermarket head unit Rusty2009 55 53,385 14:th-Mar-2021, 15:16:56
Last Post: GTC-Nut
  Android RV5754 factory settings password Amazingusername 3 3,471 7:th-Nov-2020, 16:08:03
Last Post: cro55m
  Battery drain Android tesla style head unit rayvo1 4 3,896 9:th-Sep-2020, 21:05:31
Last Post: rayvo1
  Sports Tourer DAB+ on Android Headunit MikeyP247 2 2,820 2:nd-Nov-2019, 17:11:28
Last Post: niteram
  Dash cam on Android unit robk999 2 9,625 2:nd-Nov-2019, 10:30:30
Last Post: Rusty2009
  CD400 buttons not working Android head unit install mephisto 4 7,500 27:th-Oct-2019, 17:30:00
Last Post: mephisto
  Front DVR android S160 M072 NEATH-LAD 3 3,084 4:th-Jul-2019, 19:07:39
  after market head init marky79 0 5,420 4:th-Nov-2018, 17:17:12
Last Post: marky79
  Where to find standard head units cubez0 9 7,846 18:th-Oct-2018, 17:55:45

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
airainchoc (25:th-Jun-2023, 16:56:38), madgerald1974 (9:th-Sep-2023, 17:59:40), caneiv (4:th-Apr-2024, 12:43:23)