Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
assist active hill

Hill active assist
Does anyone know how i can see if this os working?
I used to get a message on my dash when parking on my drive that is on but now i don't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never had a message come up but know it works

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
You wouldnt as its only on astra with an electric parking break :-)

Mine doesn't bring up a message
Hill start assist doesn't require the car go to have EPB

Hill Start Assist

The hill start assist allows the driver to launch his vehicle without a roll back while he is moving his foot from the brake pedal to the*accelerator*pedal. The EBCM calculates the brake pressure, which is needed to hold the vehicle on an incline and locks that pressure for a certain time by commanding the appropriate*solenoid*valves ON and OFF when the brake pedal is released. Hill start assist is activated when the EBCM determines that the driver wishes to move his vehicle up-hill, either backwards or forwards.

The following inputs are used for hill start assist feature:

•*Brake switch
•*Brake pressure
•*Longitudinal acceleration
•*Engine torque
•*Reverse gear information
•*Clutch switch
•*Accelerator*pedal position
•*Vehicle speed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
my car brings the message up every time i apply the EPB on any slope
park on a hill apply the EPB then release the brake then the hill start should hold you
for a few moments as you pull off
the message should appear as you apply the brake
Thanks guys i will give it a try, as its going vx tomorrow want to make sure it deffo not working. As carshop will not be paying the bill

Find a step hill to test it on, As said Sunday I find to get mine to work I have to Push the pedal down hard.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
No its defo not working :-/

If its not working shouldn't i get an maintenance light up?

Never had a light on either the Elite or the VXR to say that Hill assist was active. But saying that reading the manual your meant to have a light to tell you Auto wipers are active etc. I think it's just down to it you have the on board computer or not.
There is nothing more on HSA other than what Corinshtaz has posted I had a quick look on the net and all I'm getting is HSA is only for vehicles with EPB (Which is complete rubbish as I have a manual hand brake and I have HSA).

John I noticed that too about auto wipers and also DRL's I asked the dealership (I take what they say with a pinch of salt) but they said I won't have the lights on the dash as I have the message popup in the IPC.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
My wifes 13 plate Mokka has HSA with manual H/brake and that comes up with a message
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The brother in laws Astra has HSA with a manual handbrake.

Rusty my Elite did have the light to say the DRL's were active but nothing for the other features.
It's annoying hopefully once I got the xenon's I might get some new lights on the dash
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The drl light would be nice to have on the dash... Ok i think i rebook it for next month when i get it serviced ....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service Park assist Kris 8 11,881 13:th-Jan-2016, 19:23:35
Last Post: Kris
  Problem with park assist Lewis6317 14 14,427 22:nd-Aug-2014, 17:42:19
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Brake Assist Warning Light duncboyd 8 15,718 19:th-Aug-2014, 07:52:40
Last Post: Rusty2009