Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
common? this is

is this common?
My car is making a noise it shouldn't be, it's the 1.7 cdti 2011, when just ticking over its noisey like doesn't really sound like a normal diesel, press the clutch and it sounds fine (as it should in my opinion) lift the clutch and it's noisey again, my mate says input shaft bearings maybe or thrust bearing, it's still reasonably low mileage
that is something you are going to need a professional opinion on
if your car is under warranty take it back to get checked out
Follow Tucpals advise mate.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I've had the car 2 weeks now, bought it from a garage not a main dealer mind, should they cover this under the 3 month warranty that all used car should atleast get when sold from a garage
get an independent view from any garage no one will charge you for a diagnosis
then when you go back you will know what if anything is wrong
I'm going to do this, cheers, it isn't extreme atm but I don't want it failing on me while I'm away from home
I'm going to do this, cheers, it isn't extreme atm but I don't want it failing on me while I'm away from home
spoke to a mechanic yesterday and he said sounds like flywheel, also said quite common on the vauxhall diesels like the astra h 1.9, to have the problem going ask my local vauxhall dealer about it tomorrow i think
very good idea but get a local garage to carry out the work if it is the problem
as the dealers will charge the earth to do the simplest job
Yea I would never pay dealer prices cheers, hopefully the garage I bought it from (only 3 weeks ago) will fix the issue free of charge, once vauxhall confirm there is a problem
cool at lest you will be armed with the knowledge to what is wrong so you will not be fobbed off good luck
went to the vauxhall dealer today and the mechanic had go of the clutch, and says it'll be the thrust bearing, which in turn damages the flywheel, so both need replacing,

also said it's a known common fault but not covered by warranty and no recalls at all for my car according to service manager
At least you know what it is (or what VX say it is).

Hopefully the garage will be nice and put it right free of charge or meet you 50/50 with the costs.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
glad you now no what it is but sad you have a fault
as rusty says now take it back armed with the knowledge of what it is and try and get them to fix it or cover some of the cost
i plan to on friday, when i'm off work, hopefully i won't have to pay anything, reported the problem 2 weeks after buying
well been to garage today, looks like they are going to sort it, the mechanic says this is very common, not just in the 1.7's but also the 2 litre diesels, more so the 6 speed gearbox, i think the petrols are ok though

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MAF Mass Air Flow Sensor is this common problem caretaker 3 12,412 21:st-Aug-2016, 19:42:18
Last Post: tucpal
  common problems tucpal 15 13,206 7:th-Mar-2014, 02:07:41
Last Post: Migwell030744