Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
rattles trim

Trim rattles

interior TRIM RATTLES got a rattle or creek or found a fix
let us know and post it on here so we can build up information
Some people have the cover over the instrument Custer rattles I think the fix is putting some bits of foam in there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
The plastic cover in the roof where the mics go gig hands free. A fix off the web was to apply blu tac to it fixed straight away. I do have a rattle on the sloping plastic trim on the radio display- no idea how to get rid :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
richje100 Wrote:The plastic cover in the roof where the mics go gig hands free. A fix off the web was to apply blu tac to it fixed straight away. I do have a rattle on the sloping plastic trim on the radio display- no idea how to get rid :(

You could try popping it off then putting it back on it worked for me.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Easy to take off?

Using Tapatalk
Yes mate just follow the first part of this how-to
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers pal

Using Tapatalk
it is real easy to remove the trim but the problem with these rattles is you will have to remove the
part in question and have a good look
look at this how to as well as it may well be the side trim in picture two and 11 and 12
http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...EPB-switch
Its defo by the display because I can apply some pressure and it stops

Using Tapatalk
i'm having some rattles from the armrest and the 2 doors in my gtc.
I'm not happy because it's just over a week old.
They told me they will look at it next week
trim rattles are genuinely at nightmare to track down
i agree you should take it back
but dealers seem to be none the wiser when it comes to finding these thing
if they don't sort it come back here and we will try
to eliminate a few things.
My car is a year old, took it back to get the vibrating rear view mirror and a few rattles (I'm 2nd owner) and they said as its over 12mths it's not covered under warranty. So make sure they fix it now before u end up with a fight (which I lost )

Using Tapatalk
I've got a rattle coming from this beam here, it's the one sloping towards the windscreen, any fixes? How do you remove it?

i thought the same mate but i think you find it could be wheel arch as thats where mine is coming from only when i do 45mph plus
I read on the net that the rattle coming from the a piller could be caused by wiring loom from the side repeater where there's not enough clips and vx are aware. Not sure if u can get to the loom easily though.

Using Tapatalk
Cameron UK Wrote:I've got a rattle coming from this beam here, it's the one sloping towards the windscreen, any fixes? How do you remove it?

this rattle is common it will be a clip at the top of the pillar
you have to remove the pillar and remove the clip
for some reason the air bag in there can stop the clip for going all the way in.
richje100 Wrote:I read on the net that the rattle coming from the a piller could be caused by wiring loom from the side repeater where there's not enough clips and vx are aware. Not sure if u can get to the loom easily though.

again a very easy fix
open the bonnet and pull the slack cable up
and zip tie it on both sides of the car

this cable goes to the side repeaters
and flaps about in the front wings
so if you want to remove the side repeaters at any time to change the bulbs
take the zip tie of first.
Tucpal, brilliant thought it would've meant removing trims etc..

Using Tapatalk
real easy
there is also something ells that rattles around in the drivers side
the lower plastic heater vents just above the pedals
a few zip ties will sort that out two.
Any idea about vibrating rear view mirror?

Using Tapatalk
yes i had this also i just replaced it for the anti dazzle rear view mirror
there is no vibration at all now and the mirror is bigger so much better.
here is how i did it
http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-AUTO...-retro-fit
I sorted this rattle, pull the piller away at the top hard then hit it back in lol
tucpal Wrote:yes i had this also i just replaced it for the anti dazzle rear view mirror
there is no vibration at all now and the mirror is bigger so much better.
here is how i did it
http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-AUTO...-retro-fit

http://bit.ly/1j8P3bF
Is this is mate?

Using Tapatalk
yes that is the one
the mirror will just swap over
if you get the loom it will work plug and play
but the surround wont fit unless you replace the glass
it really is a much better view out the back being bigger
and the anti dazzle is real good at knight dims down when a car has its lights on behind you
and best of all it does not vibrate like the standard mirror.
thats plug and play is it omg
yes it will just plug in and work.
ok, so i took my car to the dealer today and they would take a look at it and then told me to pick it up a couple of hours later.
I just came home and the licht rattle comming from the passenger door area had goten quite a bit worse.
its seem like someting is loose inside the door but it could be comming fro the pillar or air-vent i'm not sure.
I'm quite pissed so i called and asked what they had done. they said the used a special kind of lube on the door and told me to take it back.
I'm not eager to take it back, so do you have any thoughts of where it might come from?

I'm starting to regret my choice for opel....

edit: i think it's comming from this area, or maybe a little to the left or right
ok pull a pillar back and check the the metal connector plug is in correctly that is very common
also check glove box light is in correctly and not rattling about
pull out glove box tray ?
check roof console place sticky pads behind the covers
and see how you get on with that
then report back here
how do i pull the pillar back? it seems hard to remove and don't want to break anything (i'm talking about the pillar wit white-ish clothing)
i dont have a schelve in the glovebox in my car like the 5-door model and the licht is fitted good
it's not comming from the center from the roof
It seems to be comming from the corner of the windshield area.
also checked under the bonnent and the did not seem to be anything loose.

thanks for the help btw
your welcome
that rattle will be coming from the one of 3 places
heater vent so remove your glove box and see if you can get access
also remove the trim with the airbag key and check the connector is not rattling about
window switch on door card remove door card and check switch
diagnostic port socket under glove box make sure that is not rattling

you can see this is a process of elimination
we will get there in the end,
can i just pull the trim of? or will i need the key?
Its not the window switch so it is someting under the dash or maybe something with the suspention?
i'll try to get some tools from work since i don't kant reach the bolts with a normal (wrench i think it's called?)
it just pulls off the only difference will be if you have the key side for airbags
just unplug the connector as well
i know your car is left hand drive
but this is the same just on the other side from us
remove the glove box as follow on here
this will give you access to the area you need to check
http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Howt...bin-filter

when you have the glove box out go for a drive and see if it makes a difference
also good idea to get a passenger to find it while you drive and the glove box is out
its a ten minute job real easy to do .
ok thanks, thats very helpfull, i will try it tomorow (i'll get the tools from work or find them somwere else)
i had my mom drive my car while i lisned a few hours ago and i'll do the same tomorow
There is also another culprit for rattles
on Right hand drive cars
That seems to come from the heater vent or light switch or that general area

it will sound like a vibrating rattle
especially when you pull of in first gear
and the culprit is the key fob rattling in the ignition barrel.
or the barrel it self rattling against the plastic trim

make sure the key barrel is not rattling around
when the key is in the ignition
simply hold the key fob and drive off in first gear
and see if the rattle stops when you are holding the key fob

if so then you need to remove the trim
around the steering wheel and see why it is rattling about
you could place padding around the ignition barrel
so it will not vibrate on the plastic trim when you replace the trim back together.
tucpal Wrote:again a very easy fix
open the bonnet and pull the slack cable up
and zip tie it on both sides of the car

this cable goes to the side repeaters
and flaps about in the front wings
so if you want to remove the side repeaters at any time to change the bulbs
take the zip tie of first.

i wounder if this is the course of my rattle i have will look tomorrow
I have had a problem with the headlight switch rattling. When it rattles I found that if I hold it or pull it a little it stops. I also had the little coign box out and the Air Bag panel out and the panel that holds the light switch. Behind this there are two small bolts, mine were loose. After I put that lot back together the rattling seems a lot better, but has still not stopped altogether. I was going to replace the light switch, but at £48 trade I a m willing to put up with it. Rusty found one on flee bay but I thought if that one is a rattler I was no further forward and £10 poorer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is the view most seen by others
I have a faint rattle from passenger side door or pillar, have resorted to turning stereo up until I can be bothered to find it lol
Using Tapatalk
I've got a squeak coming from passenger side intermittent I've narrowed it down to the the seat belt (will look into soon)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've got a rattle and I've managed to track it down to the key.

If you have the key in the folded position and shake the key you hear the rattle. When the key is flipped out you can hold the blade part of the key and wobble the black plastic part there is just over a mm of movement. So as you drive down the road the key rattles quite badly not sure if the key can be taken apart to resolve this or not.
My key has about 1mm of play but it doesn't rattle I've tried these keys apart and here's what's left

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
If you hold down the flip button the key still has the play but the rattle stops so I'm thinking its in that area. How easy was the key to dismantle?
i think i have the same problem it is defiantly the key or the ignition barrel
only really happens when i pull off in first gear and there is a rattle from the key
but if you hold the key and pull off in first gear nothing no rattle
i did remove the trim around the steering column
there is nothing that can make a rattle in there
but there is some play in the end of the ignition barrel were the key goes in
so it rattles from there with the key inside
i keep meaning to get round to trying to fix this with a rubber o ring this should work
but i just have not got the time at the moment

don't take apart the key fob they do have glue on the inside
and there real hard to take apart and put back to together
the thing where the seatbelt cliks in whas rattlting so i went to the garage and they will replace the lock this week.
I first tought it was comming from behind the seat.
ok so my father insited i took it back to the dealer before doing things myself
things fixed: amrest, the thing where the belt locks in, drivers door is better and passenger door is better too and the A pillar does'nt seem to be rattling anymore.
problems: the rattle comming from the right front (still not found) and the boot is really bad.
but when i drive in small bumps or holes or cross the rail tracks ther are still A LOT of things making a krack sound, is this normal or am i being to picky?
it seems the car isn't put together properly
going back tomorow for boot and rattle for the 5th time
How did you get on when it went back in?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:How did you get on when it went back in?

they told me to come back monday because they were to busy
ok so i'm just back from the garage and we did a test drive. i drove a road 2 times back and forth (the road are concrete blocks next to eachother and so there is sometimes a little height diffrence between them).
he told me he didn't hear the krack from the passenger door hard enough to do something about it. The boot did'nt mak a sound, so i thought 'yay it's gone'. geuss what started to make a vibrating-ish sound when going over the drops. The boot.
any advice/help?
Not sure mate other than to suggest checking all bolts are done up tight and push and pull the trim in the boot area see if there is any excessive play in any trim panels.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
it may be the rear seat belts knocking on the trim from the rear
if the rattle went when he was in the passenger seat plug the seat belt in and see if it goes ?
when i drove home from work i put all the belts in their locks, and so far so good.
I'll keep them in a few days to make sure the rattle is gone, because is was warm outside, and maybe when it's colder in the morning it will be back
trim of the boot doesn't seem to be really loose.
Thanks for the help, i appreciate it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any suggestions on trim/wheel colour Jayrich872001 3 3,348 16:th-Feb-2018, 08:23:33
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Squeaks & Rattles Rusty2009 1 4,909 7:th-Jul-2014, 09:06:31
Last Post: tucpal