Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
rattles trim

Trim rattles
lets hope that is the problem then you could stick some felt of something were they are rubbing
damn it, it's back. i've removed the fire extinguisher from the side bin in the boot see if that helps.
if not i'm gonna try to place the back rainwhiper in its out position (so it's not touching the glass.
solved it. it was the edge of the big black plastic pannel ratteling against the window
Glad you found it
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
about time but also glad you found it
n1ibor Wrote:solved it. it was the edge of the big black plastic pannel ratteling against the window

Think I've got the same problem. Can you post a picture of the offending part and what you did to sort it, would very much be appreciated.
WhelanUK Wrote:Think I've got the same problem. Can you post a picture of the offending part and what you did to sort it, would very much be appreciated.
sorry, just noticed this one.
I took it to the garage and they took the pannel of and put some black foam on it that sticks on one side. but they did a poor job.
i'll take a photo and upload it today
It's in the garage today so hoping they sort it. Been driving me mad.
so the left side looks like this
[ATTACH=CONFIG]207[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208[/ATTACH]
the right side is poor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]209[/ATTACH]
its done with foam that sticks on one side and looks a bit like this
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Got mine back and it's still playing up. Will give this a try. So it's the trim on the boot by the boot catch? Will try some sponge tonight to see if it works the. Get some foam if it works.
WhelanUK Wrote:Got mine back and it's still playing up. Will give this a try. So it's the trim on the boot by the boot catch? Will try some sponge tonight to see if it works the. Get some foam if it works.
yes, it solved it with mine

also i have noticed a slight rattle in both front headrests. moving them up or down doesnt help. does anyone have tips?
tucpal Wrote:again a very easy fix
open the bonnet and pull the slack cable up
and zip tie it on both sides of the car

this cable goes to the side repeaters
and flaps about in the front wings
so if you want to remove the side repeaters at any time to change the bulbs
take the zip tie of first.

Mate i am having issues trying to find this :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it is the wire going to the side repeater it will be there
where is it going from mate, I got a thicker one but its not the correct one.
were the bonnet hinge is
I will have a look tomorrow, thanks mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Something seems to be rattling to what I think is behind the seat belt trim on the pillar although I can't seem to find it. I've done the usual pushing and squeezing on the panel but can't seem to stop it. All I can tell so fair is its right near my ear.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
The plastic trim that holds the seat belt try putting someone In the back and get them to push on it and it will stop I had this problem just put a blob off silicone behind the top off the trim near the headliner and it stoped
Cheers mate I'll give it a go. Also got one near the passenger side dash. Looking on this thread it could be the fuse box cover?

Take the glove box out and place a sponge behind the fuse box that stops it a common fault that its a lose fit they are all curable my car is totally rattle free now but the three main areas are seat belt trim glove box fuse box and light console in the head liner there is a how to for the headliner console light the others are easy fix but there very common faults as said
Haha, the trusty sponge. I'll give it a go when I'm back home

Recently herd a rattle coming from the rear of mine, really annoying. Think its the plastic trim on the boot lid, mainly does it when going over little bumps or rough bits of road (which is all roads round here) any fixes?
I've got leather trim and it squeaks on the doorcards, pinpointed it towards near where the headlight switch is and I can't stop it, help would be ace
Hi
I have a rattle from the right and back small window or from this area around.Does anyone has an opinion about this rattle?
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
And it definitely isn't the belt buckle tapping against the trim?
It sounds like around the cap sign of curtain airbag.I have to notice that i don't have curtain airbags.
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
I've got a clicking/cracking sound coming from around the driver side tweeter/windscreen/door pillar area. Its driving me mental... I've have had the tweeter out and checked everything i can find in the aperture but can't find a likely culprit.

Any help on this would be great and I've already cable tied the indicator cable on that side as i though it may be transferring from down there
Anyone know how to stop the bonnet from rattling? If I push on it I can make it rattle against the body of the car. It seems that it's not being held securely in place so when drive along its rattling up and down a few MM causing a bit of noise. Cheers

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Do you have the rubber bonnet stoppers on the side of each wing?

https://gyazo.com/109064fb0b61c34789a7a8e9d0315cf1
(6:th-Mar-2017, 21:14:32)stigeye Wrote: Do you have the rubber bonnet stoppers on the side of each wing?

https://gyazo.com/109064fb0b61c34789a7a8e9d0315cf1
Sorry for the late reply! I didn't see this! Ha. But yep, I've got those! It's odd as it's only started doing this recently.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(5:th-Mar-2017, 19:21:35)Ripple Wrote: I've got a clicking/cracking sound coming from around the driver side tweeter/windscreen/door pillar area. Its driving me mental... I've have had the tweeter out and checked everything i can find in the aperture but can't find a likely culprit.

Any help on this would be great and I've already cable tied the indicator cable on that side as i though it may be transferring from down there

I've got exactly the same thing. Mine sounds more like a vibration as when you hit a bump, it makes a sound like plastic against plastic vibrating, then fades in intensity very quickly. Want it fixed but don't wanna pay Vauxhall an absurd sum of money to look into it as there's no guarantee they will be able to fix.
Hi, have you checked the under tray, if you have one and made sure it is all secure as well as checking it is secured to the front wheel arch guards as that's normally one of the main culprits if the plastic rivets are missing.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any suggestions on trim/wheel colour Jayrich872001 3 3,668 16:th-Feb-2018, 08:23:33
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Squeaks & Rattles Rusty2009 1 5,177 7:th-Jul-2014, 09:06:31
Last Post: tucpal