Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to bulbs and how drl change h7

How to change drl and h7 bulbs
tucpal Wrote:So changing the interior lights to LED lights has cleared the check left lamp position error message Cool
changing the interior bulbs may have reset the canbus maybe.

yeh its crazy isnt it mate... im happy now lol thanks for everyone's help and advise though, very grateful
well i think i know why this happened
do not use a screw driver or anything metal to adjust the pins in the DRL bulb holder
this may have cursed the error check
then when you changed the interior lights the canbus reset it self and the errors went away
as the errors started when rusty used a screw driver the make the DRL fit better
if it does come back on remove the positive from the battery for 20 mins and then follow
the on screen messages to reset the system again
but hopefully that has done the trick :cool
Wouldn't believe it mate just nippes to chippy and get what its ****ing back :-( i will try discounting battery tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gutted for you mate i am running out of ideas for you.
Lewis6317 Wrote:Well i only got the issue when rusty fitted the spare drl lights he had.

But it was fine after I changed them over it wasn't till you had a really cold night (frost) that it started IIRC mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
When did this error come on tonight when you started the car or when You We're driving

Once i turned the lights on

Would removing the negative do the same there is so many nuts for the pos

no positive there is just one nut to undo

you should always disconnect the negative first.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
what i am going to suggest if this does not work is to buy
a cheep set of prolarg drl,s of ebay for £8 and then try them
as you do not have the originals then you will know if the PIAA are making the errors come up
i really have never heard of this before
and i am stumped to what is making this happen.

the one last thing to try is to take them out again and make sure they are 100% fitted correctly and that is it.
I have original bulbs so when you come here we can try them and see what happens.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
tucpal Wrote:what i am going to suggest if this does not work is to buy
a cheep set of prolarg drl,s of ebay for £8 and then try them
as you do not have the originals then you will know if the PIAA are making the errors come up
i really have never heard of this before
and i am stumped to what is making this happen.

the one last thing to try is to take them out again and make sure they are 100% fitted correctly and that is it.

I believe the set rusty gave me was prolarg one, the error was up with them in aswell.

Rusty2009 Wrote:I have original bulbs so when you come here we can try them and see what happens.

That would be good mate
Didnt work mate :-(
left it off for around 45 mins...

Just checked the old bulbs rusty gave me, and they are 12V21/5W

just fitted the old one back in the left side where the issue is and still getting the error :(
forget what i said i was wrong get the car down to rusty mate
the drl bulbs you have are correct
ok mate, i believe we are sorting a day for May
I've updated you first post Tucpal to include the following

Please note if changing the DRL bulbs for the cheaper Blue DRL bulbs like these

On some cars you may get and error about position lamp, Check the DRL is working if it is check the rear lights as this will also bring up the error.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've been getting the check left position lamp or whatever, its because of my rear lights, one bulbs keeps going out, (it actually works fine), i just hit the light and it started working again. S as far as i can tell is that I'm getting the error because of hitting a bump and either bulb or contact maybe loose, but hitting light makes it come back on and error goes away..

(24:th-Dec-2015, 18:38:45)Tonto Wrote: I've been getting the check left position lamp or whatever, its because of my rear lights, one bulbs keeps going out, (it actually works fine), i just hit the light and it started working again. S as far as i can tell is that I'm getting the error because of hitting a bump and either bulb or contact maybe loose, but hitting light makes it come back on and error goes away..

I have precisely this issue with both my boot lid lights also - a quick thump with my hand gets them back again.

Can anyone recommend or link me to a set of standard DRL bulbs as one of mine has just gone? 
Just want something that is the same as standard, checking ebay threw up loads of choices and I have no idea which are the correct ones for me
Hey guys,

Looking for a little help here

I've managed to get into both my Dipped/Main beams on the GTC, passenger side is a right pain!

This is going to sound REALLY silly, but I just cant get the bloody bulbs out their holders!!!!!
Removed from the lighting assembly, removed wiring lug etc.

Just the plastic bulb holder and the bloody bulb. Its stuck fast! From memory H7's just pull right out, no twist etc. Tried pliers (I know) and just plain old pulling, didn't move a smidge.

Anyone? Got some Phillips Diamond vision H7's, 5000k.

Chris

Ok,

So an update. I'm an idiot

My GTC does not take H7 bulbs but 9012's. Don't know how on earth this didn't dawn on me while I was playing around. Maybe the hangover? Yeh, I'll blame that.

So looks like the H7 Diamond Visions are going back and time to start looking for some decent 9012's. Can anyone recommend? Trying to avoid HID's if im honest. Would prefer a half decent 9012 at about the 5000k mark, if this is possible.

Chris
Good choice of bulbs! I have those. Anyway.. No real method but they do just pull out! I spent about 20 mins trying to get one out once! They're in their tight!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

there will be 2 small screws holding them tight just slacken them off it's a real tight space
Thanks for the tutorial. It proved very useful in changing headlight bulb. Removing the airbox was a real life saver. Last time I had to take it to my dealer to do it as I got thoroughly cheesed off trying to do it as it says to in the manual. I did notice this time that the torx screws were loose so looks like the dealer forgot to do them up last time.
One thing i did notice it that your tutorial says left for the drivers side but the car calls it the right dipped bulb.
(1:st-Mar-2014, 19:37:54)tucpal Wrote:
The Bulbs are held in by Two T15 Torx Screws  

Just changed my dipped beam bulbs. Discovered the two torx screws on mine are actually T20 size, not T15.

Chewed the head of one of the torx screws as I didn't realise it was the wrong sized bit I was using.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silvertech indicator bulbs tucpal 10 11,237 23:rd-Aug-2014, 05:28:13
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
mc92661 (13:th-Sep-2023, 20:55:57)