Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
wayside j gtc remap a20 cdti stage astra performance 1 2 dth

Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance
Hi everyone,

Going to take the plunge for my first remap on a car.

Wanted to stick to either Rabbid or Courtney remap.

Spoke to them all and have decided to go for a Rabbid tune (now the tuning society).

They have outsources thier software to many companies.

WG in Kent and Wayside in Coventry.

Seems as Wayside is nearest I have decided to go with them! (Chirs)

£349 in total if anyone wants to get it done.

Just wondering if anyone has every had it done on the A20 DTH on the forum??

Stage 2 got mentioned stuff to do with DPF removal. - is this legal?

Anyways any info gimme a reply!

Cheers

@thewhiteastra 

add me on insta!
did they how they will map it,take the ecu out and map it or what
(8:th-Sep-2020, 22:58:03)paula9568 Wrote: did they how they will map it,take the ecu out and map it or what

I think this engine the ecu has to come out as OBD is blocked.

Put on dyno before and after mapping.

200bhp from 165bhp.
The ECU in the 2.0cdti is locked has to be done on the bench, but it can be done without opening it depending on the tools the mapper has.

I had my 2.0cdti remapped paid a lot for it with DPF & EGR delete.

I had nothing but issues the guy who did wouldn't accept it was the map causing the issue even after proving it was the map kept saying it was my car and was replacing parts without asking then billing me.

I told him I wanted my money back & he refused ended up taking him to court took over a year to get all the money back.

Thankfully I had a 2nd ECU and I got a gutted DPF off ebay so was able to revert to stock.

I do want a remap again but I'm very wary of getting one due to past experience.

I did approach Courtney but they won't do DPF & EGR delete.

It would deffo have to be done on a rolling road this time.

But I see where your going is just up the road from me.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(9:th-Sep-2020, 10:35:14)Rusty2009 Wrote: The ECU in the 2.0cdti is locked has to be done on the bench, but it can be done without opening it depending on the tools the mapper has.

I had my 2.0cdti remapped paid a lot for it with DPF & EGR delete.

I had nothing but issues the guy who did wouldn't accept it was the map causing the issue even after proving it was the map kept saying it was my car and was replacing parts without asking then billing me.

I told him I wanted my money back & he refused ended up taking him to court took over a year to get all the money back.

Thankfully I had a 2nd ECU and I got a gutted DPF off ebay so was able to revert to stock.

I do want a remap again but I'm very wary of getting one due to past experience.

I did approach Courtney but they won't do DPF & EGR delete.

It would deffo have to be done on a rolling road this time.

But I see where your going is just up the road from me.

Rabbit Tuned - now The Tuning Society have gave their software out to a number of places Wayside being one of them.

Dyno Dynamics rolling road. ECU out etc proper job!
teapot is the man you want to talk to he does alot with 1.9 engine,he did mine on my vectra,but he says he can do the 2.0 .he is the only person i would trust
(9:th-Sep-2020, 22:46:54)paula9568 Wrote: teapot is the man you want to talk to he does alot with 1.9  engine,he did mine on my vectra,but he says he can do the 2.0 .he is the only person i would trust

Yeh friend of mine says Teapot. Not sure if he does rolling road though?
no he dosent but he has a very high respeck in the vectra and astra h forums
i bought one of these
https://tdi-tuning.com/en-gb/car/vauxhal...g-box-chip .
i havn't had any problems with the car and been getting an indicated 63 mpg so probably around 59/60. been running it on the top power level although i dont drive it that hard it is just to have the torque and power when i need it. its a dodle to fit and remove when need to.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,503 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  2.0 CDTi Auto Gearbox Oil Change Dennis S 0 1,498 13:th-Aug-2021, 14:29:25
Last Post: Dennis S
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 7,989 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,497 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,767 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,844 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 1,981 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,104 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,432 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,759 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970