Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
unit fully sat working? insignia? not nav from

Sat nav unit, from insignia? Not fully working?
Hi,

I bought my 2013 Gtc 2.0l about a month ago. Absolutely love it but the previous owner must of fit what I thought was an aftermarket satnav/touchscreen unit but apparently it’s from an insignia? The touchscreen works fine and the satnav does too and SOME of the speakers work... but the center console buttons don’t work, not a single one of them do anything? The only way I can control the volume is on the steering wheel buttons (which all work fine) the speakers in the doors don’t work and maybe a few More? And also the Bluetooth will not connect? Also the screen shows the time wrong, the temperature wrong and the radio station wrong?

Is this an upgrade that will actually work? Has the work been done wrong, is it something as simple as something not being plugged in right? Or am I best off buying the standard unit and fitting that? I’d love to keep the touchscreen and satnav in it if I can get the rest working?

Any help would be appreciated!’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks like the exact same system I have in my Astra.

Mine was fitted by a company in Droitwich, called Car Vision. I think they were also called DriveAudio. Unfortunately no longer trading.

Basically it's a Windows CE platform, and I believe Car Vision made some software tweaks.

One of the 2 holes on the left of the bezzle should have the word "reset" besides it. I've never had to use them myself, but I think it does what it suggests. It resets the unit. Basically a CTRL/ALT/DEL operation and reboots Windows CE.

One of the people in charge of Car Vision was called John Pedlow. His You-Tube channel is still alive, not sure if you would be able to contact him via that to see if he can help you?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw8PjuL...MAbvCFzDAA

https://youtu.be/bF256Gvv8EM

I think the original unit is a RoadRover C7036BE with some tweaks made by Car Vision. But could be wrong.
Carvison or drive audio made no tweaks to it at all, it certainly was an insignia unit (the screen is different)

I would honestly look at the control panel, does it light up?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi, I’ve tried that reset button and it makes no difference!!

And nothing lights up on the control unit, just the eco and traction control button?

(3:rd-Aug-2020, 21:23:41)Rusty2009 Wrote: Carvison or drive audio made no tweaks to it at all, it certainly was an insignia unit (the screen is different)

I would honestly look at the control panel, does it light up?

Nothing lights up on it no

Sounds more like the panel is faulty to me then or been left unplugged.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
As Rusty suggests. Could be a poor connection at the rear of the stereo.

The original screen gets hidden in the dashboard and is mirrored onto the upper half of the new screen unit.

Remove the trim and take out the stereo to see if all the multiplugs are connected together properly.

I'm sure there is a how2 for this. I did have a quick look, but couldn't put my hand to it.
Not all of them use the original screen some do some don't.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(4:th-Aug-2020, 07:43:45)Rusty2009 Wrote: Sounds more like the panel is faulty to me then or been left unplugged.

What would you suggest taking the panel out and checking everything is connected properly?

(4:th-Aug-2020, 11:52:04)Big Dave2 Wrote: As Rusty suggests. Could be a poor connection at the rear of the stereo.

The original screen gets hidden in the dashboard and is mirrored onto the upper half of the new screen unit.

Remove the trim and take out the stereo to see if all the multiplugs are connected together properly.

I'm sure there is a how2 for this. I did have a quick look, but couldn't put my hand to it.

Brilliant thanks I’ll give that a go

(5:th-Aug-2020, 08:03:35)Macauleyh96 Wrote:
(4:th-Aug-2020, 07:43:45)Rusty2009 Wrote: Sounds more like the panel is faulty to me then or been left unplugged.

What would you suggest taking the panel out and checking everything is connected properly?

(4:th-Aug-2020, 11:52:04)Big Dave2 Wrote: As Rusty suggests. Could be a poor connection at the rear of the stereo.

Brilliant thanks I’ll give that a go

Yes if everything is connected and still not working I would try a new panel, I have loads here just cover the postage if you need one.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(5:th-Aug-2020, 07:18:00)Rusty2009 Wrote: Not all of them use the original screen some do some don't.

The Op's one should do, as it's the same system as mine.
Do you have the fin antenna on the roof?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronic handbrake not working Euroshopper 3 1,437 29:th-Jul-2021, 15:21:44
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Deadlock not working Jonika21 5 2,216 22:nd-Dec-2020, 17:37:08
Last Post: Jonika21
  Electric passenger window not working Harposaurus 2 2,847 30:th-Sep-2020, 19:29:35
Last Post: Harposaurus
  Head Unit Help KishanRaguras 5 3,077 28:th-May-2020, 22:18:08
Last Post: KishanRaguras
  service parking assist and tpms not working kevinmcken1404 3 2,798 18:th-May-2020, 10:09:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  insignia flat bottom steering wheel into astra j????? dogstroker 1 3,606 14:th-May-2018, 07:13:11
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Head Unit question Desperado 3 4,008 13:th-Feb-2018, 13:52:43
Last Post: sheppy1
  Cruise control not working raimon 10 23,458 27:th-Nov-2017, 12:33:46
Last Post: AlanMac
  New Guy's Head Unit Question Nuko-san 5 4,801 10:th-Apr-2017, 13:14:29
Last Post: marcus01
  Astra gtc wiper and start stop not working Robbjp 5 6,364 24:th-Sep-2016, 21:09:32
Last Post: J1ODYA