Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dab navi950? bluetooth retrofit

Bluetooth/Dab retrofit Navi950?
Hello,

I have recently bought my Astra J After having an Astra K As my company car (Couldnt quite afford the K :()

Its a 65 plate Astra Tourer 1.6 cdti 

It came with a cd400 and an after market bluetooth thing which is okay but doesnt give me any options on the radio itself. So I dont know whos calling with looking at my phone or dont know what music is playing so its kinda pointless.

I've done alot of searching on google and on here about retofitting and upgrading to different radios. Ive done this before with my 58 plate astra with tech-2 but now it looks a bit different.

What I really want to know are my options

I want bluetooth dab and satnav does the J have an apple car play radio like the K? That's what I have in my company car and if I could have anything like that I'll be happy preferably oem and not after market.

Also maybe something that can do parking sensors or reverse camera as this car is massive and doesn't have anything to help me whilst reversing.

Many thanks,

Ben
Welcome to VXOC.

I'd much rather have the J over the K better looking car.

In terms of Navis there is not a OEM unit that supports apple play or android auto.
If you want Audio streaming then you need to be looking into the 650+ or 950 both are hard to find, both support rear camera but the camera for the tourer is hard to source my last couple of customers have ended up buying the camera kit from Vauxhall.

Parking sensors when in rear camera mode will come up on the screen with ! in yellow or red triangles (if factory fitted).

You won't be able to code these with tech-2 or op-com.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cool thanks for the info.

What's the difference between the 650 and 950?

Do I need to do any modifications to the loom behind the radio?

Does the 650 and the 950 have built in bluetooth or would I need A separate module?

Thanks
(17:th-Jul-2020, 13:52:19)Bsouthby Wrote: Cool thanks for the info.

What's the difference between the 650 and 950?

Do I need to do any modifications to the loom behind the radio?

Does the 650 and the 950 have built in bluetooth or would I need A separate module?

Thanks

The 650+ and 950 there is no real difference that I've seen both have BT built which allow audio streaming.

Please don't confuse the 650+ with a standard 650 as the normal 650 has no BT built in.

Yes there are wiring modification needed.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Cool. So I’m on the look out for a 650+ or 950 any one in particular or will all models work? Guessing the insignia one will not fit? But any other models? I know the Astra h and Zafira used to be the same.

Is there a diagram for the loom mods? Would it be better to get an extension and do all the mods on that so the factory loom is still intact?

Can the vdi be done online or would I need to go to someone or send it to them first?

Has anyone had the android screen add on unit? How does that work? Does the radio control it? Or is it basically used as an amp for the android unit? I can imagine the quality not to be up to scratch and have issues with it but looks cool.
You can get the unit and screen from zafria, mokka, astra & cascade

The screen surround must be from a astra though as must the buttons.

There is no diagram or public info for the wiring changes I & know all other reto-fitters will not share that information (we've spent time & money learning how to do it) I always install into the factory connector.

In terms of programming the radio to the car it's all included in my fitting cost if the main radio box is sent to me before the fitting date I carry out all SPS USB updates & install the latest 2018 maps, the radio is also fully programmed for DAB+ & rear camera.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CD450 bluetooth microphone wires gemini6791 5 5,575 7:th-May-2018, 07:11:56
Last Post: gemini6791

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Morpheus75 (7:th-Dec-2023, 09:40:47)