Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
p0193 help code

P0193 Code Help
Good Morning All,

This has been documented in my thread a while back but hopefully more people will see this here and provide help.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-yes...ra-J-Elite

I've got a recurring issue and I've already changed a number of things however the issue persists. 

When I start the car, randomly, the car sometimes will start to crank, stop and then continue and eventually start. When this happens however it enters some sort of limp mode and advises 'Service Vehicle Soon'. So to confirm, the car struggled to start but started first time, out of the drive, no power. Struggles to rev past 2k and over 15mph is a push but not EML light on.

The quickest way to resolve this I have found is to clear the fault codes and the car starts fine next time around.

Plugging my OBD and Delphi in I get the P0193 error it states Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit, high voltage. I've already changed the fuel rail sensor for a brand new part and the issue still persists.

What on earth could be causing this?

I've already done the following:

- Changes Glow Plug Cyl 3, my car has the stop start so really expensive to change all of them. 
- Changed Fuel Rail High Pressure Sensor
- Removed, cleaned and tested EGR Valve. Cleaned first time around when this happened, we had it off and tested the mechanism off the battery, the EGR opened and closed without issue.

First thing that springs to mind is battery.

2nd is high voltage did you carry out any tests before replacing the part? When you replaced the part did you program it in?

Have a look at this also.
https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as..._or_p0193/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(12:th-Jul-2020, 07:35:41)Rusty2009 Wrote: First thing that springs to mind is battery.

2nd is high voltage did you carry out any tests before replacing the part? When you replaced the part did you program it in?

Have a look at this also.
https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as..._or_p0193/

Hello,

Battery could be a thing, the stop start hasn't worked for a while and the battery condition is one of the factors in this working i believe. 

No tests on the part were completed and nothing programmed, once fitted the car started fine for a few weeks, but it's now started again.
I just double checked and there is no relearning needed on the sensor for replacement.

I personally wouldn't throw money at a part just because the computer says it's faulty, I don't know who to recommend in your area to have a look at it, but personally find someone who fully understands diag checking and tracing, it could be a dodgy wire connection etc which could be fixed in the cost of the original diag fee.

In terms of battery it could be worth pulling it and giving it a trickle charge. I've just had to replace the one in the Mrs mokka S/S worked fine but it would sometimes refuse to start as if there wasn't enough amps to start the car.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fault code 0420 bgb65uk 1 1,571 13:th-Aug-2020, 10:56:04
Last Post: Big Dave2
  code 54 water in fule filter Tedwalking 1 1,927 26:th-Dec-2019, 10:07:25
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Failure Code 597, temp only 75 C Acond 5 3,769 4:th-Jul-2018, 06:22:28
Last Post: Acond